A question for you SW Bittorent users

Ok, here’s a question for those of you that get those rare, unavailable spaghettis off of places like CG and such. I’ve got quite a few, and, like the things in my attic, I never throw anything away. Even if they’ve outlived their usefulness. Now, not with all of them, but quite a few of these kinds aren’t re-issued for a reason… they suck (like Death is Sweet From the Soldier of God, for example). After I watch 'em, I still save 'em. And it’s taking up some considerable hard drive space now. So what do you do with the crappy ones you know there’s no chance in hell you’re going to watch again, as they were hard enough to get through the first time? Delete 'em? Keep 'em anyways? Thanks.

I keep them!

If I collected Picassos I would also keep the ones I didn’t like :wink:

I keep them all too.
External hard drives are not that expensive, so safe some space for all that crappy ones.

I always delete everything I watch. I can always download again.

Delete if not going to view again.

I keep the spaghettis, but throw the other torrents away
If you want tot throw something away and still keep it, you can burn it to a disc
You can also buy an external hard disc if the torrents start taking too much space

Is it not possible to transfer them onto discs?
I ask out of all ignorance. But it seems like it would be a solution.

Edit: I see Scherp beat me to this. But I will add another another question. What file type does it need to be to play on regular DVD players?

I have the bad habit of burning every thing, but I mind every thing into the DVD’s, Sony Memorex and TDK should give me a bloody medal for being such a good costumer (owning a papershop helps). I also use external hard-drives, but in the end everything goes down to a dvd, and like lorddrish I keep everything, some films I must have 5 diferent versions of it. I’ve some small video system in the attic so that i can watch there, and the only to key to the attic it’s mine, i tell my wife there are small lizzards there ;D, so i don’t bothered there and wacht the more… unconventional stuff in peace, got also a mini-gym there, so I can also see something wihle using the treadmill or the gym bike

[quote=“Phil H, post:7, topic:2387”]Is it not possible to transfer them onto discs?
I ask out of all ignorance. But it seems like it would be a solution.

Edit: I see Scherp beat me to this. But I will add another another question. What file type does it need to be to play on regular DVD players?[/quote]
Depends on your dvd player, but also on the file itself. You can burn the files as a dvd, so your player will play them as such. Int he past I also burnt 5 or 6 xvids to a disc and my player could play those as well, as it was able to play xvid and divx. I don´t burn anymore. I have an audio cable and a video cable hooked up between my tv and my laptop. I adjust my laptop settings into thinking it has 2 screens and play the film on the tv, using vlc media player.

Thanks for the insights here. See, the funny thing is I have an external disk drive, a 1 TB disk that actually gets backed up periodically to another 1 TB disk (it also has all my music and such)… and it’s 2/3rds full. It’s just that so many of these are pure crap. Why keep 'em? I’m still undecided. As to burning em to disks, that’s why I bought the HD in the first place. I got tired of keeping tons of disks around (for a lot of stuff I probably won’t watch again). Plus, less plastic that way, as I hate plastic.

I keep them. Who know if they get useful sometime someday.

I would keep them. Even though you won’t watch them again they may be of some use in a trade someday.

This type of trading is, for the most part, over. Why would anyone trade downloaded stuff if they can download it themselves?

This is true for many. But for an equal number of others access to the right torrent sites is not so straightforward. I know this from my own problems of getting accepted onto and staying a member of Cinemageddon. I’m currently a member but have had lots of problems either getting in or avoiding getting kicked out in the past. Trading is still very much alive and kicking for many.

I’m deleting only the ones I’m going to buy. Anything else is stored either in hard drives or DVDRs.

Unless the torrent becomes no longer seeded… and this tends to happen with the rare, terrible westerns…

I rarely wish to revisit a terrible film.

Yeah good point, on the other hand, I’m starting to think in a new of masochism ;D

Just turn on the sound while watching the world cup.

Yeah thats what I do too. I download to give myself a “free trial” of the movie. If I like the film I buy the dvd and erase from the HD.

Even masochists find that too cruel haha