A Little Bit Of Death Will Do Me

I think this is kind of funny and I know that lots of people on this site can relate to my experience.
Sometimes when I’m feeling down I pop a particular dvd in the player and watch just the opening credit sequence & listen to the score.
It’s just personal preference but two of my favorites for this are Cemetery Without Crosses and $10,000 Blood Money. Each has a great non-Morricone score and interesting on-camera action.
Watching Benito Sefanelli strung up or Gianni Garko wake up next to a dead man really lifts my spirits. It always makes me smile.
Anybody have a favorite opening sequence in a Spaghetti?

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:1, topic:840”]I think this is kind of funny and I know that lots of people on this site can relate to my experience.
Sometimes when I’m feeling down I pop a particular dvd in the player and watch just the opening credit sequence & listen to the score.
It’s just personal preference but two of my favorites for this are Cemetery Without Crosses and $10,000 Blood Money. Each has a great non-Morricone score and interesting on-camera action.
Watching Benito Sefanelli strung up or Gianni Garko wake up next to a dead man really lifts my spirits. It always makes me smile.
Anybody have a favorite opening sequence in a Spaghetti?[/quote]

I am so glad I’m not the only one who does this. The opening credits and theme tune of some of these films are all I need to give me a lift.
As to which are my favourites though…Oh Boy, there are so many I don’t think I can list them. But here are some favourites.

OUATITW obviously. The greatest opening sequence of any film ever.
But I am also a sucker for some of those kitsch 60s theme tunes so I get a real buzz from watching the opening credits of films like:

I am Sartana, Your Angel of Death
Sabata
Duello Nel Texas
Johnny Yuma

And then there are any of the Sollima films (great opening themes) and of course Companeros!

Viva Django recently as the disc kept skipping during the title sequence ;D, but I managed to fix the problem.

My favourite openings: The Big Gundown, Django the Bastard, All of the Sartana’s, Mannaja, Return of Ringo, For a Few Dollars More, Apocalypse Joe, Price of Power

Yes, Return of Ringo is a fav of mine too.
Never get tired of that theme song.

All of the above-mentioned, really, and also Massacre Time … Love that theme song … Goosebumps… Probably just me.

Which one of the two Viva Django’s is this?
I found out that Baldi’s Preparati la bara is called Viva Django here and there, but then again W Django! is to be read as Viva Django too.

Apart from this: like Phil I thought I was the only one with a freaky preference for opening scenes
My favourites are, probably in this order:

Once upon a time in the west
The Big gundown
Compañeros
Fistfull of dollars
Arizona Colt (that song ‘he came out of nowhere’ is so cheesy that I like, no love it!)

My three favs are:

Django
Keoma
Yankee

But Keoma is kind of my most wanted, pure and simple perfect!

The Baldi film.

As a result of this thread I popped Run Man Run in the old DVD player just to watch the credits and listen to Milian sing that theme song. Excellent!

Haha, yeah I sometimes do this as well ;D

Love the rotoscope and title-tune of Fistful 8)

How could I forget Day of Anger???
Magnificent opening credits with my favourite Riz Ortolani theme. If that one doesn’t give you a lift you are already dead!!

Pop in Captain Apache for a good laugh…

[quote=“Phil H, post:12, topic:840”]How could I forget Day of Anger???
Magnificent opening credits with my favourite Riz Ortolani theme. If that one doesn’t give you a lift you are already dead!![/quote]

That’s a really good one, Phil!

One of my faves is the opening from Forgotten Pistolero…great music, classic spaghetti-type scenery and cinematography.

Ha ha…yeah that one is a real winner. Just don’t fast forward to the end or you’ll get an earful of ‘April Morning’!!!

[quote=“Phil H, post:12, topic:840”]How could I forget Day of Anger???
Magnificent opening credits with my favourite Riz Ortolani theme. If that one doesn’t give you a lift you are already dead!![/quote]

Forgot that one too.

Incredible.

Also forgot Diecimila dollari per un Massacro : great music, great opening scene

Also great (although no spaghetti):

The Wild Bunch (Jerry Fielding’s magnificent score and Peckinpah’s brilliant cross-cutting)
Gladiator (the best part of the movie)

Best ending:
Otto e mezzo (the clowns !)

Well - ‘The Stranger Returns’ is always good to raise the spirits.
Great opening with the shadow of the horse, the man and the brolly. Then the back view of them, and it’s a pink brolly. And all to great music … plus
…great crap cigarette rolling, great crap scaredy-cat horse (a rabbit, when you think it’ll be a rattler),
And great opening words … “Come on Pussy.” GREAT!
;D

I’de say Once Upon a Time in the West, Mannaja, Django, My Name is Nobody, Genius two partners and a dupe, and Man: Pride and Vengeance all have great intors. My all time favorite is Matalo.

I love the music thats played in that scene where they’re chasing after Bill Locomotiva and his basket of chickens.

I don’t remeber that scene. Maybe the version I saw was cut.