A Fistful of Lead / Sartana’s Here … Trade Your Pistol for a Coffin! / C’è Sartana … vendi la pistola e comprati la bara! (Giuliano Carnimeo, 1970)

I watched this on TV recently and I thought it wasn’t a bad movie at all. The camera work was very high quality and the actors were in a good mood. And the music wasn’t bad either. What did you think about it?

For more info visit:
Database page: C’è Sartana… vendi la pistola e comprati la bara - The Spaghetti Western Database (spaghetti-western.net)

Give Sartana’s Here… Trade Your Pistol for a Coffin your rating out of five stars!

0 voters

Ok, is this one that opens up with George Hilton extinguising a fire by throwing his canteen (While sitting down–And about 30 yards away, to boot) and shooting the canteen out of the sky right over a fire?

If so, this was the first spaghetti I saw (Before I knew what they were) and noticed various odd things about it that were different from American westerns. Such as dubbing,stylized shoot-outs,lots of extreme closeups, and funky titles (When I saw this on TV, it was re-titled They call me Hallelujah)

are you sure? coz They call me Halleluja is a completely different film (see the other topic). but same director and same actors… just one year later

I believe this film is one of the Sartana oficial franchising, is knowed as SARTANA IS HERE… TRADE YOUR GUN FOR YOUR COFFIN, it´s the only oficial sartana without Garko. a great one and De Masi music is very good indeed.

Anyone know where to find it in widescreen?
I believe the US release is pan n scan only.
Is this correct?

Yup, p & s unfortunately.

Good movie, I liked it !!!

i know the U.S release is full screen but if you haven’t seen the film you can pick it up dirt cheap.

I found this one at Wal-Mart a few years ago pretty cheap. I liked it… Sartana’s pretty far removed from the typical SW ‘hero,’ so I felt it was a refreshing change of pace.

Just watched this one the other night. Not bad at all. It’s my least favorite “official” Sartana film but it’s a pretty good movie. Hilton is all right but he’s no Garko. Loved the Sabbath character. He was a good counterpoint to Sartana.

Nice one. Hilton was pretty good. Not as good as Garko, but still. I like the way this movie plays with cliches, to a point where it’s almost comedy. I agree with flynnparadox, Sabbath’s an entertaining, if slightly feminine, character. A nice additon to the movie, and Southwood plays him well. After seeing the movie, I immediately ordered a copy.

If only there was a widescreen copy available…

Yeah, that’s really too bad. But, that American release is better than nothing.

Yes, at least it’s an easy one to find. It would be awful if we had to get it as a bootleg and it was STILL pan & scan…

At least it’s dirt cheap, i think you can get it for under $3 now.

Oh, yes. Easily. I have it in a multi-film set…

Rented this one and I’m gonna watch it tonight, tomorrow or the day after. I’m curious especially now I’ve just watched two SW’s I liked alot.

Let us know what you think, of course! It’s not the best SW around but it’s fun…

George Hilton in the role of Sartana (and also the presence of Charles Southwood) makes this one look more like Hallelujah film to me but it’s still a good one.

I’d love to see better dvd release some day.

Is it worse?