A Bullet for Sandoval / Quei disperati che puzzano di sudore e di morte / Los desesperados (Julio Buchs, 1969)

I just finished watching the longer version and I found it to be an admirable spaghetti western with many unusual and inventive touches and strong direction. Perhaps one to class as almost great. On the downside of things, I thought the English voice acting, aside from Borgnine and one supporting actor or two, was terrible. Iā€™d be curious to watch it in another language, maybe other dubbers did a better job. I was also positively surprised by Alberto de Mendoza, Iā€™ve seen him in a couple of gialli and thought of him as a fairly dull actor, but he was quite good in this.

Anyone know of this releases running time? Released by EDS
[url]Photobucket | The safer way to store your photos

No info on the Database, who is EDS? Havenā€™t heard of them before.

All I know is that its in English and widescreen. Iā€™m considering purchasing it to look up its details. It might be all for peanuts, but Iā€™ll see if I can find any more info on it.

Alright, did a quick Google yesterday and EDS is apparently another reincarnation of Alpha Video/Shoarma Digital. Dunno anything else about the release.

[url]Photobucket | The safer way to store your photos

Found this on Italian Ebay.

I managed to order a copy of that EDS release, and it should arrive next week. Iā€™ll report back with running times, if thereā€™s any improvements on it.

Can someone possibly post some screenshots of the Spanish VHS. I donā€™t have the capabilities to do so.

Youā€™re an absolute star Lone_Gringo.

I know this Spanish VHS

plays in English language, but does anyone know what the running time of it is? Is it longer than the dvd releases?

Remember seeing Yodlaf selling one on E Bay a while backā€¦he might know.

Thanks ENNIOO, Iā€™ll give him a shout. :wink:

Anyone have the White Pearl release?

Bought it from my local DVD dealer yesterday. He told me not to expect too much, the label being White Pearl Classics / Daredo, infamous for its poor releases of Spaghetti Westerns. Rushed through it today: obviously compiled from various analog and digital video sources; image quality differs widely from scene to scene; audio tracks in German and English, the latter incomplete; running time: 92 min 40 s (PAL).

Finally watched the whole movie. As could be expected from White Pearl Classics, the DVD is an utter mess. Both language tracks are incomplete, image quality is alternately bad, worse and worst.

Enjoyed the film, though ā€“ my second Julio Buchs Western after El hombre que matĆ³ a Billy el NiƱo (1967), which wasnā€™t so bad either (at least much better than I had expected it to be). Los desesperados felt somewhat disjointed, storywise and, of course, editingwise, since the version I watched was obviously patched together from different sources. At least the (in)famous Annabella Incontrera scenes were reinstated.

@stanton: Iā€™m sure you know where the White Pearl Classics label ā€œfoundā€ the ā€œfootageā€ it used for this abysmal DVD release, right?

Tijuana?

Does that mean the DVD is a bootleg?

No, but hey probably took the missing scenes form the Tijuana edition. They probably took the whole film form that version, only I donā€™t know why it is shorter. Well, they probably cut some of the stuff which was missing form the German version.

But what do you meant with "Iā€™m sure you know where the White Pearl Classics label ā€œfoundā€ the ā€œfootageā€ ", if not this?

Thanks! Yes, exactly, thatā€™s what I meant. I thought you would know ā€“ I wasnā€™t sure.