800 Balas / 800 Bullets

(Sebastian) #1

This is incredibly funny and also very nice, especially if you’ve been to Almeria before :slight_smile:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/800_Balas

(Yodlaf Peterson) #2

Yeah i enjoyed it, especially that i’ve been to Texas Hollywood.

(Sebastian) #3

too bad they couldn’t get the real clint eastwood :stuck_out_tongue:

(Hungry_bear) #4

Great film!

(django live) #5

great film indeed!

(Col. Douglas Mortimer) #6

I found it okay but not great. Could’ve been better.

(korano) #7

The subtitles in the version I saw wer very hard to read so I had some trouble following it.

(Chris_Casey) #8

[quote=“Sebastian, post:1, topic:2211”]This is incredibly funny and also very nice, especially if you’ve been to Almeria before :slight_smile:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/800_Balas[/quote]

I like this one a great deal!
The first time I went to Almeria and to Texas Hollywood was not too long after the film had first been released on DVD in Spain.
I bought my copy at the little gift shop just off the Saloon in Texas Hollywood.
I thought it was cool that I bought a copy of this movie literally on the set where it was filmed!
Every time I watch 800 BALAS…it makes me want to go back to Almeria!!!

(Sebastian) #9

watched it in Spanish. those spaniards speak in a way that makes it hard to understand what they’re saying, but i understood enough to know that the Germans subtitles were far from accurate :stuck_out_tongue:

and that one hottie dancer… ayyyyy

(Starblack) #10

Fine film. A stirring tribute to the stunt fraternity and a tender coming of age/coming to terms cross-generational drama.

(chuck connors brother) #11

Saw it on tv a couple of years ago and thought it was great.

(ENNIOO) #12

Could not get into it myself.

(Chris_Casey) #13

Ayyyy, la Chica es muy caliente!!!

That is the lovely Yoima Valdes! One of my favorite things about 800 BALAS! ;D

Yoima es una de las chicas mas calientes siempre!
Viva Yoima!

OK…I will calm down, now.
:wink:

(Sebastian) #14

and the only person in the movie who scored with her, was the little boy :stuck_out_tongue:

(Sanjuro) #15

I just watched this & found it quite disappointing. It was an OK film, but not what I was expecting at all from the things I’d heard/read about it. It homaged a few spaghettis, but basically followed a very mainstream formulaic movie plot. Nothing special.

(El Topo) #16

[quote=“Sebastian, post:9, topic:2211”]watched it in Spanish. those spaniards speak in a way that makes it hard to understand what they’re saying, but i understood enough to know that the Germans subtitles were far from accurate :stuck_out_tongue:

and that one hottie dancer… ayyyyy[/quote]

Even for us, only people from Galiza I can understand well even if they speak fast, y hablo la lingua, trabajaba para una empresa española.

Bueno 800 it’s a feel good movie, not the best from Iglesia, but a fine homage to SW and to Almería tierra bendecida por Dios, ( almeria a land blessed by god).

But for me the best Iglesia film is La Comunidad, followed by Perdita Durango but la Comunidad it’s a masterpeice

(Col. Douglas Mortimer) #17

I thought it was a good movie until the script fell apart at the end.

(Sebastian) #18

well it had heart, and I think that’s the core of it. I think it was underambitious, I mean if done properly they would’ve even gotten XX on board at the end for a cameo

(Col. Douglas Mortimer) #19

I heard from somewhere that XX actually saw the film and liked it, despite declining an appearance. Anyone confirm?

(Sebastian) #20

well it’s a really great part of the film, i guess he regrets that he declined