What are the criteria for movies in the sw-database?

it took up way too much space initially. the reason i posted it here is to gather feedback and make changes. it should defniitely not take up as much space as before, and look better.

i think we should definitely go for putting the country up there with the year

I just watched this film:
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Fuori_uno_sotto_un_altro_arriva_il_passatore

It’s not a western. It’s set in Italy
 BUT it changes to a western in the end for a minute or so (they move to America and there’s some gunplay too). But I don’t think it’s enough to count it as a western.

hm well if its part spaghetti
 just make a warning up there, maybe “this film only includes a small part that constitutes a western” or something

The Bruckner book includes this film, but he calls it an adventure comedy.

Hey guys,
I just saw a movie on the imdb which a friend of mine told a spaghetti western (actually an euro western).

Carlos (http://german.imdb.com/title/tt0066890/combined)

He is also a big SW fan and knows alot about it. It isn’t mentioned as a western in the imdb, but he told me it is. He watched it after buying the DVD or VHS.

I never heard of it. It is shot in Israel, but a german production set in the west, although it is the Don Carlos topic. What do you think about it?

Btw: Hans W. Geissendörfer better known as the producer of the german tv series “Lindenstraße” (for all you german guys out there) :wink:

Carlos has an entry in Joe Hembus’ Western Lexikon

Are these westerns, and/or eligible for the database?

Romance of a Horsethief

Dernier trappeur, Le

Polonsky’s Romance of a Horsethief is definitely no western.

The 2nd one seems to be a documentary about a modern day’s trapper’s life.

Stumbled upon this one at intercardsrl.com

Not in the database. CrĂłnica de un atraco aka La lunga notte di Tombstone
Anyone seen it?
IMDB Die GewalttÀtigen (1968) - IMDb

interesting find

Maybe not a western, despite that it looks like one.

Both of my german books don’t have it, and it can’t be an unknown film with that cast.

yeah
 maybe one of those made to look like one by the advertising. i thought only the Germans did that :slight_smile:

It’s not a Western but a modern day heist movie.

It’s mentioned briefly in the Milian WAI interview.

oh so why the talk about tombstone, and the revolvers on the cover? very confusing

Ah, yes. Here’s a screenshot. A modern set western I guess, which wouldn’t make it a western at all.

no i hat doest make a western

Damn, was I almost looking forward to a B. Corbucci written western with Milian, Ekberg, Camaso, Sancho.
Still worth seeking out it seems. I mean, a cast like that

Thai marketing clearly different:

interesting

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:89, topic:457”]Stumbled upon this one at intercardsrl.com

Not in the database. CrĂłnica de un atraco aka La lunga notte di Tombstone
Anyone seen it?
IMDB Die GewalttÀtigen (1968) - IMDb

[/quote]

I have this one. Definitely not a western. Unfortunately my copy is from a TV screening that has an intro, loads of adverts, and two moronic tv presenters making comments here and there. The overall quality ain’t that great either. It’s a damn shame, i’ve never been able to find a better one, and it’s a pretty good little film.

Is this a spagh? imdb says it’s a US film. There’s few italians in the cast but I’m not convinced yet. Anyone seen it?

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/The_Last_Rebel