What are the criteria for movies in the sw-database?

If we are going to add all euro-westerns we could only add them as a list with name, director, year and country of origin and link to imdb. That would be good if we are going to keep focus on Italian westerns.

But some important films like Winnetou films, most Spanish westerns, and spaghetti-style eurowesterns could have their own page with all the info, pictures and dvd information.

Ulrich Bruckner lists “the hunting party” as a British/Spanish/Italian co-production

Films like Hunting party (already on databade), Town Called Hell and Hannie Caulder are good examples of eurowesterns which should have their own pages on database. They’re not italian but they are very similar in style.

I’m with you on that Bill

perhaps we should do an extra category like Category:Eurowestern) for such films.

yeah but spaghetti westerns are eurowesterns. so we’d have to call it “non-italo eurowesterns” or something.
i’m just trying to push for a term or phrase that fits those movies best

few examples of Spanish westerns that could be added to database:

Possibly some of these are actually Italian/Spanish co-productions. Quien sabe?

what if we label them “This film does not fit everyone’s description of an Italian western. This Eurowestern was listed for completeness” or something

How about something like this:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/A_Town_Called_Hell

I liked it. made a small fix to it, what do you say? I will also turn this little box into a template, so we can easily insert it by using {{Eurowestern}}, for example. I’ll make another called {{Iberowestern}} or something for Spanish titles if you guys, want, but Eurowestern shoudl be fine. and i added it to that category. so we can use Category:Eurowestern to put all these titles in one place, and add a little text and explanations, or different viewpoints, and links to the regular Spaghetti WEstern definitions etc

Would it be a good idea to make also a another category for Zorro films? There’s quite a lot of 'em in the database.

Before I add them and they get deleted again, what about these movies:
Posse (UK / USA)

Gallowwalker (USA / UK)

Glory Glory (UK)

Ned Kelly (UK)

Revenge of Billy the Kid (UK)

A Talent for Loving (USA / UK)

i have the feeling we are slowly listing every western ever made outside hollywood
 ?

[quote=“Sebastian, post:53, topic:457”]i have the feeling we are slowly listing every western ever made outside hollywood
 ?[/quote] UK is Europe. Apart from the American co-productions listed, they’re purely European, thus elligible for inclusion in hte Eurowestern category.

Some of Eastwood’s westerns after returning to the States are definitely Spaghetti-style. Hang 'Em High, High Plains Drifter, Two Mules for Sister Sarah. They should be included. There are only several hundred SW’s that genuinely qualify for this site, and outside of Christopher Frayling, many have not been seen by the general fanbase. A section devoted to Ennio Morricone is not a bad idea either. A lot of fans identify with the music.

But we a are SPAGHETTI WESTERN database. Eastwoods US western do not fit. Maybe the are spaghetti style, but they are us-produced.

Maybe we should make a site in category:articles that will list as much ‘american spaghettis’ as we can mention with links to imdb

[quote=“Lode, post:56, topic:457”]But we a are SPAGHETTI WESTERN database. Eastwoods US western do not fit. Maybe the are spaghetti style, but they are us-produced.[/quote]So was OUTIW, and partially shot here. My Name is Nobody too. And other SWs. You wouldn’t exclude them, would you?

what he was saying is, that while OUATITW hat backing from paramount and a handful of exteriors were shot in Arizona, the movie is purely italian.
while other eastwood films like high plains drifter have nothing to do with italy. we’re a spaghetti western database, and extending to other eurowesterns is already a huge concession. we don’t wanna be a western database, anyone can use the imdb for movies, we are a genre corner, that allows us to focus on things and go into detail

The following movie is not a eurowestern: