Westerns... Al'Italiana! [fanzine now hosted]

WE PROUDLY PRESENT:

Westerns… All’Italiana!

The legendary fanzine is now available for download. We are also working on making most of the previous editions available as well.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Westerns…_All%27Italiana!

some more back-issues uploaded

Is it allowed to print it and give it to a friend as a present?

Since the download is public and everything I don’t see why not!? I’m sure Tom B. is just glad someone (inluding myself) wants to read his old scribblings. Correct me if I’m wrong, Tom.

from a legal standpoint, a public and free download does not imply the right to redistribute :wink:

I stand corrected !

Avatar is correct do whatever you want with it. I’m just glad to find sites so I don’t have to send it out to everyone when indivisual requests come in. Now anyone interested can go to these sites and download and read it or print it out etc. Go for it!

the only concern should be that your hard worked-on texts don’t show up some place with a different name under it :wink:

When Tom says “do whatever you want with it” he does of course mean download it, print a personal copy of it, read it and indeed pass a copy of it to a friend for free if you so wish.

He does not mean start printing copies to sell for personal profit or take the text and reprint it elsewhere without crediting the original writers or take the text and reprint it elsewhere without first receiving permission from the original writers.

Hopefully Sebastian’s note that “WAI ISSUES AND THEIR CONTENT ARE NOT PUBLIC DOMAIN. UNAUTHORIZED REPUBLISHING, COPYING OR OTHER USE PROHIBITED WITHOUT PERMISSION BY THE AUTHORS” makes that clear.

Not limited! Tom wants this stuff to be read by several people. So why “close” the access?

I have already seen them for sale in the past at film fairs.

Not everyone for whatever reason will know you can download some now for free, and there will always be people ready to take advantage of this.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:11, topic:895”]I have already seen them for sale in the past at film fairs.

Not everyone for whatever reason will know you can download some now for free, and there will always be people ready to take advantage of this.[/quote]

I guess we can only hope that people who want to read the fanzine get to hear (or read for themselves in the ‘Swingin’ Doors’) that they can now get them free on-line instead of buying them at film fairs.

Yes…lets hope so.

nobody’s closing the access. i was merely stating that WAI is not public domain, with all legal implications of intellectual property

I know, but this was Trinitys idea.

But until recently you couldn’t download them, you WOULD have to buy them from someone. I nearly bought a bunch of them off ebay not many months ago.

We must also remember that ‘official’ copies do exist. Copies Tom (or one of his associates) have made themselves and these it is perfectly ‘legal’ to sell I gather.

The major part of the issues are still sadly offline and until then the only thing you can do is get someone to photocopy a copy for you.

Avitar is correct. We didn’t have computer access in 1983 so the fanzine was started on a photocopied format.

I’ve seen issues offered on e-bay and even bought some of the older issues myself.

You can still order back issues from me and I have an index directory with an order form for $5.00, or you can contact Phil Dovston (see index of any of the posted issues for his e-mail address if you would purchase in Euros.

If someone wants I can send them free issues if they can scan and post them on THIS website as pdf files.
You can contact me at Tom Betts, PO Box 25042, Anaheim, CA 92825 U.S.A. if ineterested.

Hi Tom, if you don’t mind me asking, what is the average readership of Westerns Al’Italiana?

The early issues remind me of a Clint Eastwood fan mag I used to get in the 80’s.

I can hardly imagine an offline world anymore