đŸ€— Welcome to the SWDb Community!

yeah welcome, amico

Welcome!

Oh, oh, I registered yesterday and didn’t even take time to introduce myself. So this is where it’s done? I’m I love you M.E. Kay, named after my favourite B-western actress and one of my favourite actress altogether (she’s my avatar). I’m from Canada and I speak English and French, so if you need any linguistic help don’t be afraid to ask. The first spaghetti western I watched was “For a Few Dollars More”, a couple of years later I transformed into a fan of cinema, Leone became one of my favourite directors and served as a gateway to the world of spaghetti westerns. That’s it, hi everybody!

Welcome aboard mate or Bienvenue au SWDB

Glad to have you here

[quote=“I love you M.E. Kay, post:243, topic:30”]Oh, oh, I registered yesterday and didn’t even take time to introduce myself. So this is where it’s done? I’m I love you M.E. Kay, named after my favourite B-western actress and one of my favourite actress altogether (she’s my avatar). I’m from Canada and I speak English and French, so if you need any linguistic help don’t be afraid to ask. The first spaghetti western I watched was “For a Few Dollars More”, a couple of years later I transformed into a fan of cinema, Leone became one of my favourite directors and served as a gateway to the world of spaghetti westerns. That’s it, hi everybody![/quote]Welcome to the forum M.E.

Thank you for the welcomes! I’m already loving this place quite a bit.

Welcome aboard :slight_smile: .

Welcome!

Thanks to you too/two, ENNIOO and Silence!

Hope you mean Silence there ;).

Fixed. Haha, and I pride myself in always re-reading my post to avoid typos, shameful! :smiley:

We’ve already met, but as usual I forgot to say welcome

About this linguistic help: as far as I know somebody’s taking care of the French ‘introduction’, but so far I haven’t seen any text on the French language page. If the man nor his text won’t show up (but let’s give him some time), we could do the translation together. I’m from Holland by the way, but I live in Belgium (my mother was Flemish) and speak both languages of that bilingual country, Flemish (with a Dutch accent) and French (with an accent from Brussels); my French is getting a bit rusty. I used to speak French a lot, but in the last 10-15 years I only spoke French when in Brussels for work (or to do some shopping). I suppose you speak l’accent redoutable Quebequois? Most people here find that rather hard to understand. canadian French languagage films are sometimes subtitled on French television.

So you’re trilingual! That’s very cool. And yes, I speak “l’accent redoutable Quebequois” ;D, but honestly, I’ve never had any problem to be understood (is it how it is said? sound weird to my ears) by other francophone. Well, as long as I don’t overuses slangs, idioms and “sacres”, that is (which they often do in sitcoms and movies)! Or anglicisms, but French are just as guilty as us in this department, though we use different ones!

Keep me posted about the translation thing!

canadian! welcome, even though you’re not really canadian, haha. i’mkidding

Well, technically Canadian, but I do feel more Québécois! :wink:

Been in Montreal myself a few times, Chateauguay, Sainte Catherine, now it will be more dificult, most of my family there moved back to Portugal and others to Vancouver.

Youre Canadian?

Who me ?
No kid, but we in Portugal have family all over the world, I have cousins from Canada to Australia.

What do you think of Québec, El Topo? You better be positive! :wink:

Yeah very positive of course :slight_smile: . It’s was holidays for me in any case :smiley:

The first thing that surprised me (I was still a teen the first time I went there) was the those big six lane highway, not used to that back in old Portugal everything was bigger, but I went there tree times (with trips to Niagara fals etc) and always had a great time.
The only drawback was the food, I’ve alwyas been used to fresh Mediterranean food (fresh fish and meat vegetables, prepared at home) and all those guys eat was fast food of all kinds, when I went back I was sick of pizza and burgers , so my mum prepared me some nice grilled fish meals for me the all week .
Ah other thing I remember was the girls that were bigger than I was used to ;D