šŸ¤— Welcome to the SWDb Community!

Welcomeā€¦enjoy the forum !

pass the meatballsā€¦this spaghetti needs some helpā€¦

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Looks like Amazon came to the rescue. Between the DVD and online offerings, I now have all the films in the top 20 list that I hadnā€™t seen. A bunch of DVDs arrived yesterday. So Iā€™m gonna be in pasta heaven for a while now. Iā€™m glad this place is here. None of my friends relate to this interest, even if they call themselves movie lovers!! Thereā€™s something about a Euro-Western. Canā€™t explain it!

We are here for you, amigo :slight_smile:

Hello Everyone, Iā€™m back after a long absence. I am here to discuss favorite Eurowesterns and add short reviews. I have a website www.cinemadrome.yuku.com where I also review SWs. Question: If a film has already been reviewed, can I also add a review of that same title? Thanks. Robert M.

Of course you can ā€¦

ā€¦ and you can make a new top 20, cause your old one was not complete.

Welcome back, after so many years.

Thanks, need to that top 20. Itā€™s hard because itā€™s always changing. LOL

If it changes, you can post a new one any time (if it isnā€™t any day of course).

It is normal that such a list changes over the years, and every list is only a snap-shot.

Welcome back, amigo :slight_smile: So my mass emails have not been in vain :wink:

Iā€™m making my way through the siteā€™s top 20 list, but trying to go in chronological order. Iā€™m about halfway through, about 1968. Besides the Leones, the real standouts for me are ā€œThe Big Gundown,ā€ ā€œA Bullet for the General,ā€ ā€œRun Man Run,ā€ ā€œDay of Angerā€ and ā€œThe Great Silence.ā€ Besides the locales, the look, the action and grit, Iā€™m liking the philosophical and political themes. I bought a lot of obscure and low-quality Spaghettis on megapack DVDs. I must confess, I like the genre enough to enjoy even the really bad entries too!!

Howdy! Iā€™m Adam Peter Marsden, Independent filmmaker based in the UK.

I am about to launch a campaign for an exciting western feature film called ā€˜Rhyoliteā€™. Produced and shot right here in the UK.

Rhyolite is a tale of betrayal, revenge and ghosts set at the edge of the 1870s American Western Frontier.
If the works of Sergio Leone and John Carpenter are your ā€˜thingā€™ then your gonna love this film.

Follow / Like - Now for all things Rhyolite, check us out on Facebook!

Look out for our web teaser, due out early May.

Best,

Adam & The Crew! xoxo

Hi all. I live in Japan and one of the newspaper companies here started publishing a ā€œDVD Magazineā€ on Spaghetti (well, as you might know they are called Macaroni) Westerns. The only spaghetti westerns I had seen before were the Man With No Name trilogy, which I loved as a kid. Just saw Django and One Silver Dollar.

I am enjoying seeing these enjoyable films with almost no background but will enjoy reading about them afterwards. I also noticed there was another forum to post info about new DVDs, so I thought I would post the info on what comes in the post. So far the quality of the DVDs have been really great.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum !

1 Like

Hi amigo. I wish I could start afresh watching all the great spaghetti westerns again. You are in for something of a ride :slight_smile: Enjoy your stay.

1 Like

in the movie Adios Sabata, anyone knows the name of the song at 18:00 (guiltado theme)ļ»æ ?

Hi everyone,

Iā€™ve been around as a guest for a long time.Suppose it took me while to sign up.
Anyway my name is Antonis aged forty & I live in Greece.Huge fan of the genre,I spend more money for SWs than my wife can accept and still canā€™t get over the passing of Bud Spencer.

I suppose Iā€™m here to stay
Antonis

2 Likes

Welcome to the SWDB, Antonis! :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard

Hello there, Iā€™ve been a lurker around here for the better part of the year, and have grown to be a huge fan of the genre. Iā€™ve seen all of Leoneā€™s westerns, some of Corbucciā€™s, and canā€™t wait to see what else this genre has to offer.

3 Likes

great to have you!