šŸ¤— Welcome to the SWDb Community!

Hi all, im a new user here but iā€™ve been using the SWDB for about 5 years on and off because spaghetti westerns are difficult to get hold of here in England. Iā€™ve now seen the best part of 100 spags and owe nearly every one to this site so i thought it was about time to sign up. Thanks so much for the art youā€™ve helped me see :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome, Bill! Like you, the vast majority of the spags Iā€™ve seen are as a result of having read up on them right here. Anyways, now youā€™ve signed up, donā€™t be a stranger!

Enjoy the forum Bill !

Thanks amigo, Iā€™ll try not to :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not new, but am finally logging in after a long absence. Iā€™ll try to be more activeā€¦after I figure out how to operate in this new forumā€¦I mean format. :grimacing:

1 Like

Great to have you back! Consult the respective FAQ / Getting Started topics, theyā€™ll help you get going for sure. Let me know if thereā€™s anything I can help with! Yeehaw

Hello everyone!

Like many other ā€œgreenhornsā€ to this Forum, Iā€™ve been using this site for many years. For me Spaghetti Western is my favorite Genre in movies and now that I have watched nearly every Spaghetti Western that is thought to be a must see (and also many of the insiders tips), Iā€™d like to discuss them with other Spaghetti-Western-Lovers and maybe I find some movies, that I havenā€™t watched already or maybe I can even recommend some works to other people.

So longā€¦

Oh ā€“ and I will start with my Top 20 here (if someone is interested): Vote for Our Official Top 20 - #2397 by Admin

1 Like

Greetings and welcome Django. Certainly a very classic user name and fitting avatar but was surprised to see you only placed Django as number 18 on your top 20 then :smile:

Thanks for the welcome! :smile:
Well, I think there are better movies than ā€œDjangoā€, but I really love that character played by Franco Nero. Thatā€™s why I chose this user name. :wink:

Thanks Sebastian. This is only my second visit to the new forum, but already I am getting better at navigating it.

1 Like

Hi All,
Happy to be hereā€¦
Cheers,
LR

1 Like

Welcome, Lone Rider! Weā€™re happy to have you here amigo!

The hapiness is all ours :wink: the honor at least

Enjoy Lone Rider ! :smiley:

Hola amigos. New guy. I like movies - especially spaghetti westerns. Not usually as big on their American counterparts, but oh well.

I sometimes make short films too, but Iā€™m not here to shamelessly self promote.

Yo.

Well met DeadChannel. Iā€™m no big fan of American westerns either so you are definitely not alone :smile:

Welcome DeadChannel. Cool name!

I like American westerns from roughly the late sixties/early seventies onwards, when the Italian westerns had imo largely run out of juice and taken themselves down the ā€œparodyā€ route. But Iā€™ve definitely struggled to truly fall in love with the more ā€œGolden Ageā€ Hollywood westerns of the 30ā€™s-50ā€™s. It always seems as though no bugger can go fifteen minutes without breaking into song in those movies! Or maybe Iā€™m just scared that thatā€™s whatā€™s about to happen. :grimacing:

Donā€™t get me wrong, I make exceptions. Peckinpaw, Tarantino, some Clint Eastwood stuff. I just really donā€™t get off on the super idealized happy-clappy good-guys-win-and-are-perfect-in-every-way raw-raw John Wayne stuff.

And well met, the both of you. This seems like a pretty cool place.

So cool youā€™ll need mittens in the winter :wink:

1 Like