Vote for Our Official Top 20

I don’t understand how anybody can like Keoma that much. ???

I love Keoma. I have to place it first.

I grew to love the music. My immediate reaction was hatred and mockery at how obvious the lyrics were, but it sure as hell grew on me.

The acting is superb. Not only Nero, but I feel that Berger and Strode’s performances elevated the genre, they were incredible. Olga too, she used to be known as nothing more than the eyeball chick in Zombie to me, but now I know better.

Great direction, superb tension and action even on a thin plot. Didn’t mind the Peckinpah inspiration, never hurt my appreciation of John Woo’s The Killer as a masterpiece.

The melding of the past and present, the choice of shots, the pacing, the performances, the melancholy, the ruminations, the apparition witch, it all works for me in a way that is beautiful to experience.

Keoma is an absolutely brilliant film. I’m surprised to see it at the top of someone’s chart only inasmuch as it’s something you so rarely see. I’m less surprised to see it at the top of someone’s chart from a quality standpoint though. It’s easily good enough. Easily.

The score is fuckawful, though. :slight_smile:

love Keoma too, for me it is even better than FOD and FAFDM

I concur.

You guys are all nuts! :slight_smile:

I concur :smiley:

Hey, I thought that was my trademark statement! :wink:

And oh, I despise KEOMA. Wish I liked it, but no dice. :-\

Keoma
Typical 6/10 material.

Most memorable things: Dreadful singing and Nero’s awful haircut.

I wouldn’t place Keoma above FOD or FAFDM, but I would place it above GBU on my personal enjoyment scale ;D

Great film, and one of the spags I can watch many times a year

[quote=“Marvin W. Bronson, post:2248, topic:190”]Hey, I thought that was my trademark statement! :wink:

And oh, I despise KEOMA. Wish I liked it, but no dice. :-[/quote]

I… um, UNcur!

It’s superb. :slight_smile:

Keoma has some great stuff in it, but also lots of flaws (no, I never had any problems with the score). But it’s one which gets better with every viewing, but it will never make my top 20 or 30.

Keoma for me, maybe top 50.

i don’t have it in my TOP 20 too, there are some flaws as you’ve said, but still love the spaghie as many other spaghs that didn’t make it into my TOP

Liar … got you … :wink:

no no, i didn’t lie, Cipolla Colt kicked out Keoma from the 20 th position, i just didn’t post new list here …

okay, seriously, you got me ;D , i totally forgot i have Keoma in my TOP 20, for some reason i thought it went out

Well, following that statement to it’s logical conclusion, it WILL make your top 20. In fact, eventually it will become the greatest film you ever saw. :slight_smile:

Unless I don’t watch it anymore …

;D

Noooo, don’t do this to Keoma. Watch it till it claims the No. 1 spot! :wink:

Francos hair really grossed me out. And that singing… Horrible. There were also a bunch of weird flashbacks if I recall correctly. I guess I prefer SWs that are a little more “conventional”