Vote for Our Official Top 20

WOW :smiley:

Nice to see Sonny and Jed, I really like the movie, even if it’s not Corbucci’s best. As for the remainder of your list, I must say you’re a heck of a provocateur… :wink:

[quote=“Mickey13, post:2383, topic:190”]WOW :smiley:

Nice to see Sonny and Jed, I really like the movie, even if it’s not Corbucci’s best. As for the remainder of your list, I must say you’re a heck of a provocateur… ;)[/quote]

yes, had it in TOP some time ago already, then it was pulled out by other titles, but here it is again

[quote=“tomas, post:2378, topic:190”]and here is my new TOP, shiny and chrome

1. Fistful of Lead (nice) 8)
  2. Long Days Of Vengeance (good film as I remember - needs a re-watch) :slight_smile:
  3. Drummer of Vengeance (blimey) :o
  4. Get Mean (double-blimey) :o :o
  5. Boldest Job in the West (needs re-watching - seems I thought it was a “nugget” 6 years ago on its thread) :slight_smile:
  6. Bad Man’s River (bloody-blimey) :o :o :o
  7. Acquasanta Joe (holy-fuckin’ jezus-christ-almighty blimey) :o :o :o :o :o :o :o 8)
  8. El Desperado (normal service has been resumed) :slight_smile: 8)[/quote]

Refreshing list Tomas - somewhat disturbing… but a great read.

haha, Rev, thanks for your microinsights, very funny
yes, it might look disturbing, but i started to be disturbed by my old list as well

Coming back to this:

[quote=“tomas, post:2381, topic:190”]Oh shit, no - i accidentally posted TOP 20 of my dog.

No, not really. And i don’t smoke. Anything. Neither my dog.[/quote]

Ok … but then, what hit your head?

… or what made your taste changing so considerably?

Far too many Internet meetings with sartana1968? :smiley:

[hr]

[quote=“tomas, post:2378, topic:190”]here is my new TOP, shiny and chrome
(…)
3. Moment to Kill
(…)[/quote]

JonathanCorbett alias Big Brother of SWDB

Stanton:

It is quite simple really - let’s compare some significant replacement on the list, for example OUTITW vs. Drummer of Vengeance - one is considered a classic, the other trash, or at least mediocre effort - albeit I consider OUTITW to be better made than Drummer, the amount of fascination and inspiration I can draw from Drummer of Vengeance is a little bit higher than i can scoop up from OUTITW. For this reason, Drummer means more to me, its inner song resonates with me more, so i wanted to put it on the list higher than OUTITW. You can apply this method on all flicks on the list (I think :D).

I hope it is not forbidden to compile a list in this inspiration/fascination manner.

I think, one’s movie list should be lively and vibrant, and not so petrified as it sometimes looks. This my fascination/inspiration thing is of course very flexible - who knows what might inspire my creative channels tomorow?

Of course the list should be made of those which are the most fun too watch, which are the most fascinating, which have the most impact on one.

Yes, but how comes that you have changed your taste so more or less completely. Or did your earlier lists not really represent your favourite films?
I think it is unusual that one’s list changes so considerably when one has already watched many Spags over a long period. My lists change too over the years, cause some films change when rewatching them, but basically my taste remains the same, and my new list is close to the previous one.

[quote=“Stanton, post:2391, topic:190”]Of course the list should be made of those which are the most fun too watch, which are the most fascinating, which have the most impact on one.

Yes, but how comes that you have changed your taste so more or less completely. Or did your earlier lists not really represent your favourite films?
I think it is unusual that one’s list changes so considerably when one has already watched many Spags over a long period. My lists change too over the years, cause some films change when rewatching them, but basically my taste remains the same, and my new list is close to the previous one.[/quote]

Well, of course the earlier list represented my favourite movies, and they are still movies i love to watch.
And it’s not that, these movies were suddenly placed on the tail of my list. They are near, mostly on places from 21. to 40. :slight_smile:
Difference between them and spaghs, which are on my list now, is almost microscopic, but it’s there.
I have seen these, let’s say classics, multiple times, and source of inspiration in some of them was muted for me to some extent.
And in spaghs on the new list, this sources of inspiration and fascination have risen. To some of these sources i didn’t pay much attention before.
My recent re-watch of My Name Is Nobody is a perfect example of this re-exploration of inspirative source, of which i thought it wasn’t there. But it was, i just didn’t look at this movie in proper mode.

Ok. that’s interesting

Hello everyone!
I am new here and I thought that the best way to present myself is to start here and post my Top 20.

1. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
  2. For a Few Dollars More
  3. A Fistful of Dollars
  4. Once Upon a Time in the West
  5. Duck, You Sucker
  6. The Great Silence
  7. Django
  8. Day of Anger
  9. Death Rides a Horse
  10. Sabata
  11. The Big Gundown
  12. The Mercenary
  13. A Bullet for the General
  14. Compañeros
  15. Four of the Apocalypse
  16. And God Said to Cain
  17. Bandidos
  18. The Hellbenders
  19. God Forgives… I Don’t!
  20. Tequila Joe

And…
21. Blood for a Silver Dollar
22. A Pistol for Ringo
23. Django, Prepare a Coffin
24. Beyond the Law

I am aware that my list doesn’t bring anything new but I chose honesty over originality.

That’s the idea …

And welcome to the forum

hi, iam new here and say hello to everyone:)

I will start with my top 20:

1. The good, the bad and the ugly
  2. Once upon a time in the west
  3. The big gundown
  4. For a few dollars more
  5. Django (1966)
  6. At the End of the Rainbow
  7. A fistful of dollars
  8. My name is Nobody
  9. The great silence
  10. Return of ringo
  11. The mercenary
  12. Death rides a horse
  13. Sabata
  14. Day of anger
  15. Navajo Joe
  16. Duck, you sucker!
  17. Tepepa
  18. The dirty outlaws
  19. Johnny Hamlet
  20. A Pistol for Ringo

21. run man run
  22. Face to face
  23. Companeros
  24. And God Said to Cain
  25. Django kill, if u live, shoot!

Howdy! Great list, you can also introduce yourself here, as well.

1 Like

Four points for Tepepa! Not every day!

Hi, new here. Thought posting my 20 favourites would be a good way to start.

1. Once upon a time in the west
  2. The good the bad and the ugly
  3. For a few dollars more
  4. The big gundown
  5. The mercenary
  6. Companeros
  7. The price of power
  8. A fistful of dollars
  9. Day of anger
  10. Dead men ride
  11. Vengeance is mine
  12. Death rides a horse
  13. The great silence
  14. California
  15. …and God said to Cain
  16. Taste of death
  17. Death sentence
  18. Cemetery without crosses
  19. The dirty outlaws
  20. Run man run

Hey there, also new here and here is my list of the Top 20 Spaghetti Western of all time:

1. Il Buono, il brutto, il cattivo (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)
  2. C’era una volta il west (Once Upon a Time in the West)
  3. Keoma
  4. Il Mio nome è Nessuno (My Name is Nobody)
  5. Se sei vivo spara (Django Kill… If You Live, Shoot!)
  6. Per un pugno di dollari (A Fistful of Dollars)
  7. Per qualche dollaro in più (For a Few Dollars More)
  8. Quien sabe? (A Bullet for the General)
  9. Il Grande silenzio (The Great Silence)
  10. Da uomo a uomo (Death Rides a horse)
  11. Faccia a faccia (Face to Face)
  12. I giorni dell’ira (Day of Anger)
  13. Une corde, un Colt (Cemetery Without Crosses)
  14. Navajo Joe
  15. Vamos a matar, compañeros (Compañeros)
  16. Ognuno per se (The Ruthless Four)
  17. L’ultimo killer (The Last Killer)
  18. Django
  19. Il mercenario (The Mercenary)
  20. Il ritorno di Ringo (The Return of Ringo)
1 Like

Hi Django! Always good when one of our less active members abandons The Great Silence and joins the rest of us in The Unholy Four(um). And it’s doubly pleasing when that new amigo places Django Kill so high in his affections. :smile:

1 Like

Hehe, I just came up with an idea. How about we list our WORST 20 SW’s? I imagine there’s plenty of films to fit into that category LOL. I’d speculate that “The Great Adventure” would be at the top (or would it be the bottom?) of many people’s lists. :grin: