Two Crosses at Danger Pass / Dos cruces en Danger Pass (Rafael Romero Marchent, 1967)

A boy witnesses the murder of his parents and kidnap of his sister, after his sheriff father tries to protect a man wrongly accused of murder by a man who wanted his land. Heā€™s found and raised by a family of Quakers who try to steer him away from thoughts of revenge and disapprove strongly of him practising with a gun. Despite his adopted brotherā€™s pleas, he sets off anyway, returning to Danger Pass to get revenge on the whole Moran family. The brother foloows, hoping to persuade him otherwise.

Quite a lot going on here. The villains turn out to be a pretty dysfunctional family, with the younger son hating the dad, as heā€™s always unfavourably compared to his dead older brother. Theyā€™re hardly united. Martellā€™s character is at first unsure of actually going ahead with any plans for vengeance but is later blinded by it, egged on by his bitter, humiliated sister, who convinces him itā€™s his duty. And all along, the adopted brother (Mark) pops up to keep an eye on things and try to prevent Alex (Martell) from going too far. Things rapidly escalate out of control, and by the time Alex seems to come to his senses, it seems a little late (his sister is dead and so are all the Moranā€™s except the daughter, who he had previously kidnapped and terrorised). I liked this one thoughā€¦with itā€™s heavy emphasis on angst and twisted family relationships. Martell went a little OTT now and then but it was nice to see him in a starring role.

Strangely, the theme song, titled ā€œWithout Nameā€ and sung by Raoul, was to the tune of ā€œWho Is The Manā€ from Quanto Costa Morire, also sung by Raoul. More of that SW recycling i guess!

For more info visit:
Database page: Due croci a Danger Pass - The Spaghetti Western Database

Give Two Crosses at Danger Pass your rating out of five stars!

0 voters

Iā€™m really enjoying these ā€˜miniā€™ reviews of yours Silver. You have a deft touch with your synopses which sums up the plots really well without giving too much away. Just how I like them.

It seems like youā€™ve been on a marathon of viewing recently! And some very interesting films for me. A lot of which I havenā€™t seen yet and which are whetting my appetite. keep 'em coming!

[quote=ā€œPhil H, post:2, topic:1434ā€]Iā€™m really enjoying these ā€˜miniā€™ reviews of yours Silver. You have a deft touch with your synopses which sums up the plots really well without giving too much away. Just how I like them.

It seems like youā€™ve been on a marathon of viewing recently! And some very interesting films for me. A lot of which I havenā€™t seen yet and which are whetting my appetite. keep 'em coming![/quote]

Nice of you to say so :slight_smile: I had been thinking recently that since i have made no contributions whatsoever to the database, that i could maybe look for films that have no synopsis, or have a wrong oneā€¦ Then again iā€™m not too technically minded and i be bound to bugger things up! ::slight_smile:

You should definitely do it.
Iā€™m a techno idiot also but putting in a synopsis is really easy. If you have any trouble, PM me and Iā€™ll help you out.

I was about to propose this, Silver

Of course Iā€™m always willing to help too
(And donā€™t worry, the worst thing that can happen, is that the page wil be like it was - in that case your work has been undone)

[quote=ā€œPhil H, post:4, topic:1434ā€]You should definitely do it.
Iā€™m a techno idiot also but putting in a synopsis is really easy. If you have any trouble, PM me and Iā€™ll help you out.[/quote]

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:5, topic:1434ā€]I was about to propose this, Silver

Of course Iā€™m always willing to help too
(And donā€™t worry, the worst thing that can happen, is that the page wil be like it was - in that case your work has been undone)[/quote]

Thanksā€¦i may start looking over the database soon thenā€¦and may well ask for advice too! One thing though, in the case of a wrong synopsis, is it OK or indeed possible to remove it?

Absolutely. Just replace the text with your new synopsis. Easy as pie.

Thanks. I may have a mosey around when i have a little more time!

Anyone out there having an Widescreen version of this great film!

Tom,

Watched this last night. I was supposed to stop it halfway through so I can bid on an eBay auction that was ending. I forgot, thus forgot to bid on something that Iā€™ve been looking for for months and months! Eh, so I can say it saved me some money. Anyway, the movie started off pretty bland and boring, but it did really pick up eventuallyā€¦ The story is nothing special, basic revenge plot, but it has some other decencies thrown in. The ending results in a lot of dead bodies, which is goodā€¦ and I guess you can say it kind of has a sad endingā€¦ if you think about it (wonā€™t get into details in case you havenā€™t seen it.) This could have been very violent, in fact, it isā€¦ but a lot of the violence happens off screen! I wish some of the brutal killings were actually shown. All in all, not a bad film I guess, but nothing out of the ordinary.

SNC/M6 Video will release this title along with ā€˜Uno a uno sin piedadā€™ on 10th of February. Audio is Spanish and French 8)

The comments ā€œ100% Spaghetti Westernā€ in the top right hand corner remind me of something on a packet of beefburgers or somethingā€¦100% beef.

Yeah, and then upon further inspection thereā€™s at least 60% paella.

Ah yes :wink: .

It is ironic that ā€˜Italian flavorā€™ comes with no Italian sound :o .

No subtitles?

Is it only me who donā€™t really like that cover?

No, all the covers in the series suck. If they would have come up with some gritty drawing or, preferably, the original artwork, that would have been so much better. This is way too cartoonish.
As you have seen even I would have done a better job :wink:

Got this one today audiodubbed in english from the French DVD, Great picture Quality!!! and a great Western!!!

Also watched the audio dub from the SNC disc.
Typical Marchent film for me in that it is entertaining throughout but tends towards the overly wordy. the opening scene is a perfect case in point. The poor old sheriff did so much talking to set up the plot he could have been called Basil Exposition.
Nice to see Martell in a lead and the pacifist Brother element gave the ā€˜revenge for a slaughtered familyā€™ plot something of an original edge. But considering that one of the leads is a pacifist the body count is pretty bloody high. We even get an extended full scale town shoot out after the final showdown has concluded. Also liked the ā€˜vengeance solves nothingā€™ angle a la Cemetery Without Crosses.
Enjoyable mid range Spaghetti (Paella).
Oh, and extra brownie points for a resounding theme song from Raoul too. :slight_smile: