The Stranger and the Gunfighter / Blood Money / Là dove non batte il sole (Antonio Margheriti, 1974)

Why that?

Maybe this is a misunderstanding. I’m not a collector of quality movies. But Some movies are of a better quality than others.

And yuo don’t know what a movie is like before you have watched it :wink:

True, but when you know something about a movie you still don’t know what it’s like.

Citizen Kane is far more entertaining than The Stranger and the Gunfighter

I liked it. As soon as van cleef rolls out from under the train I knew I was in for some entertainment. And bare ass girls helps too.

Let’s put it this way. If you think that Stranger is a more entertaining film than Kane, than you shouldn’t say that Kane is better.
In that case I would say that Stranger is better than Kane.

Entertainment is a high value.

Is there any uncut DVD (102 min)???

I had this one at one point in time: http://amzn.com/B001L2ZSHQ

It’s runtime is 107 minutes its in widescreen and looks good.

I`m pretty sure that this version is only 95-96 min (French DVD)

Fun film with a bit of a different story. Van Cleef seems happy with his rug. Action is more mean spirited at the end. The repeating of this silly sounding music is the only thing I disliked. Viewed the excellent quality French disc. Blood Money is my preferred title.[font=times new roman][/font]

i saw this for the second time last night, a while since i’ve seen it, and i must say i liked it better this time although it’s still not that great, it’s watchable. It is also a lot more palatable than most of the excretable comedy westerns. 5/10.

very nice movie. lee van cleef can’t be a miss.

Cheesus Christ! That was the one with the tattoos on the asses? Remember having a very rough time to finish it…I checked my list and I have given it a 3.5/10, that translates to 1 star here.

Anyone remember what was cut from the DVD versions of this one? I think it might have been some sort of blade fight or something… maybe. My memory fails me.

I think Jerksi might have included that footage into his custom DVD-R but I never saw his version.

Just wondering as I got the Spanish Blu-Ray today which has English audio included but the length is probably the same as all the DVDs (the DVDs run shorter only because of PAL).

How is the Spanish Blu-Ray?

I was just about to ask the same thing.

Is it possible for you to post screen-shots?

There is a short ‘review’ of it on www.amazon.com which doesn’t bode well:

“this is a bad transfer, it will work in USA blu ray players but don’t waste your money, it may even be a recordable blu ray disc…avoid.”

This film’s page in our database has been updated to the new layout. Please contribute to make it more informative, accurate and complete.

To be released January by Explosive Media