The Man from Oklahoma / Oklahoma John / Il ranch degli spietati (Jaime Jesús Balcázar, Roberto Bianchi Montero, 1965)

Oh my! A wonderful post. It would have been lovely to hear from your husband. Thank you so much for this information and so sorry for your loss. Hopefully an Italian copy of this movie will surface.

Thank you very much, I have my brother searching in Italy for it now. My mom actually has seen it several time on TV in Italy, she was asking if we could find a DVD and we all thought it would be a good present for her since she just losted her favorite son in law.
Yes, he is the same Richard S. Hornbeck in the Cheyenne series. The one he was in was I believe “Prisoner of Moon Mesa” in 1959.
I am trying to find the Maciste ones he was in. If I have any luck, I will post it.
Thank you again for your interest in trying to find out who he was.

I don’t think there’s an Italian DVD of this movie

I tried Videociak Genova, but no result.
The film is not even listed by the Italian Spaghetti western Database:
http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/database.htm

Maybe Jonathan Corbett knows more (I might have overlooked something)

I sent Rick’s wife a private message and she replied with some more information. I’ve condensed the information into a brief obituary. You can see a complete report on my blog, Westerns… Al’'Italiana! http://westernsallitaliana.blogspot.com/[img][/img]

Richard S. Hornbeck was born in New York City on April 4, 1937. Sutton Place South, New York City, New York, U.S.A. Son of Paul H. Hornbeck 1905, Olga Hornbeck 1911, brother of Danuel P. Hornbeck 1934. He graduated in 1958 from Columbia University with a Master’s Degree in Art. He acted on television and in Italy under the alias Rick Horn. Rick married Rosaria while in Italy and became a chiropractor in returning with her to open a practice in El Segundo, California they then moved to Seneca, South Carolina where Rick continued his practice. He developed Spinal Stenosis and the couple decided to move to the hill country of Texas and a warmer drier climate. One week after their arrival Rick died on Wednesday May 6, 2015 of congestive heart disease. Rick was 78 years-old.

A very interesting story even it is sad to hear this msytery is solved only after his passing. :frowning:

R.I.P. Rick Horn.

I have never seen an Italian version but I have a German 35mm copy at home.
Unfortunately with only restcolors mostly in red.
Here are some scans/pictures:
[/url] [url=http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3967/k7gcnrir_jpg.htm][url]url] - directupload.net

Even this movie was a German coproduction it is more or less unknow in Germany. A few weeks ago I have asked to a German dvd label for possible release but haven`t received a reply yet.

While I like The Man From Oklahoma and Rick Horn more than Nzoog, it is certainly a minor entry even amongst the early Spanish westerns. I have the Dorado DVD and also a Spanish language avi which has much better color but not as sharp. The Dorado release has virtually no credits. Carmen Gallen is listed in some sources. I found her in El primer cuartel (1966) and she looks right for the woman who welcomes Dan. She, however is not the dueña del saloon as she never appears in the saloon, but always in front of the general store.

I did not recognize c.s.c. actor Ivan Scratuglia. Are there Italian credits available?

Heres’s a comparison, not exactly the same frame but shows the difference. Dorado first.

1 Like

For this one I have only Spanish credits. In them and on Anica website Carmen Gallen is not listed, did you find her in Four Candles for Garringo?

When I first looked at Four Candles, I had no idea who I was looking for and did not see anyone who struck me as being in Oklahoma John. There are only 4 unknown women, as far as I can see with noticeable roles, in 4 Candles and 4 credited female names. The only one with more than 1 credit on IMDB is Gallen. One would probably be the black girl who follows Oswald around and 3 saloon girls.
The blonde and the 2 dark haired girls

What do you think?

Considering that the surname Barleycorn is related to Spanish Guinea IMDb should be right on Raquel as Aona.

For Gallen, if she’s the girl in the pics above (Reply #53), the only possibility I can see is the first dark haired saloon girl, the one in profile, because in the second case the hairline is too different.

Marina Ferri is listed on IMDb: I didn’t know her but I noticed that in 1964 movie El mujeriego she was credited as Maria Carmen (compound name whose diminutive is Maica) Orero, so I checked Kilma Queen of the Jungle (1975) and yes, Maika Orero is the unenthusiastic saloon girl!

The pretty blonde is the same actress credited as Fanny Grey in Ninguno de los tres se llamaba Trinidad and Los fabulosos de Trinidad, so we can assume, for the moment without confirmation, that her real name is Françoise Duchamp.

Isn’t she also the girl lasciviously eating an apple in a scene in Juan Bosch’s Abre tu fosa, amigo … llega Sábata (1971)?

It’s not her: that big-breasted girl also appears at the beginning of La diligencia de los condenados, so her name should be researched in the Spanish credits of those two movies.

Yes, you’re right.

Yep, that also was my idea. Unfortunately I could only find her in profile. Comparing the profile in pic 1 above to the middle one from El primer cuartel is quite promising however. Good work on the other girls :clap:

I’ve checked the Spanish opening credits of Abre tu fosa, amigo … llega Sábata: they mention only two actresses, Havana-born Tania Alvarado and Irene D’Astrea, who plays the “posadera.” IMDb credits Fanny Grey with the part of the “chica rubia de la posada” – erroneously, as you, always right on such matters, have pointed out.

The credits of La diligencia de los condenados’s Italian version, Prima ti perdono … poi t’ammazzo, mention four actresses: Erika Blanc (opening credits), Elena Pironti, Maria Cinthia Rosello and Leontine May (closing credits). And here, poor fool, I stand once more, no wiser than I was before.

Well, personally. I wish you goodness, the best of health, the very best of wealth, and…

…thank-you for sharing all of those perfect memories…

In this case you’d try a different direction: maybe in the '70s she was credited in some non-western movies from the same director or producer (Ignacio Iquino).

This movie’s page in the database has been updated to the new format. Please report errors or submit information, links, reviews and pictures.

Just saw the movie for the first time. I really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Welcome to the ‘SWDB’, Smzoel . It’s good to have you here. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Welcome to the web site!