The Last Western You Watched?

The Wicked Die Slow.

Starts of with a man searching for his brother to clear his name, then the plot tends to go up its own arse ;D . Film is just an excercise to show as many female breasts as possible though. But in a nasty way though, which seems to be this films only goal really.

Today: Kill Them All and Come Back Alone (Castellari. 1968). A big, grinning slice of fun, I thought. Without a doubt the most “acrobatic” spag I’ve ever seen. And why bother with intricacies such as plot, motivation or backstory when you’ve got 300 different wonderfully violent set-pieces to fit in? My son and I laughed and whooped our way through most of this one. Great work from Chuck Connors and (especially) Frank Wolff, too.

Say, the SWDB construction work has left this place a bit of a ghost town, hasn’t it? :frowning:

Yes its quite a… deserted area isn’t it?

I think he means there’s no link on the Main Page to the forum

I already asked Sebastian about this, he said he would add a link, but apparently he hasn’t been working on things today

The database looks weird, somewhat messed-up at the moment. I can’t say I like the current lay out, but I’m sure it’s just temporary.

Always bookmark the forum separate from the database.

me too, haven’t been on Main Page for aaaaages

I did indeed, sir. Good to see a few of us had the foresight to bookmark the forums.

Yep, that absolutely can’t be the look Seb’s going for there. Lots of tinkering still to do, methinks.

I’m sure it’ll look great when the constructions over.

It will take a little while longer. See the guy on the left side of the pic? …well he’s still working on it.

Fantastic little town that is.

Not the greatest of westerns, but good enough for me on a week day:

[size=12pt]http://westernsontheblog.blogspot.be/2015/03/bandolero-1968.html[/size]

6/10 is a very generous rating for this lousy film. For me it is a 2/10. (2 for the Raquel legs)

I remembered that you hated this movie.
It does virtually everything wrong but manages to land on its feet somehow.
Apart from Raquel’s legs I also like Kennedy’s character of the lovesick sheriff who hopes to win her hands. He more or less represents every healthy man watching the movie :wink:

Its a good enough western for me any day of the week. Know some people are not so keen on the director, but for me he has made some enjoyable films.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:11674, topic:141”]I remembered that you hated this movie.
It does virtually everything wrong but manages to land on its feet somehow.
Apart from Raquel’s legs I also like Kennedy’s character of the lovesick sheriff who hopes to win her hands. He more or less represents every healthy man watching the movie ;)[/quote]

I don’t hate it. It is just for most of its runtime so totally uninspired that Barquero remains way beyond its possibilities. If I need a proof for McLalala’s talent as un-director, this one, which every half talented director should at least have turned into a decent movie, is perfect. But instead it is only a bore.

I’m with Stanton, it was a bore. Even Raquel’s hairstyle was annoying, so I was even distracted from enjoying her qualities in full.

The Trackers - 1971 71 mins

Ernest Bognine’s daughter is kidnapped by thugs who escape over into Mexico, and since the US army won’t help, he hires a tracker (Sammy Davis Jr) to help him find her.
For a TV movie, this was pretty good, with some nice chemistry between Borgnine and Davis, with some great gems of dialogue, since it was a TV movie they cannot swear as much, as Borgnine states “I’m gonna beat the sass outta you, you little black Injun!”. So far, this is the first western I’ve seen a British villain in a western, as we have Caleb Brooks as El Grande, the local tyrant. He has a great time, lording over his men, and its a shame since this is Brooks only film.

All in all, a solid 7/10.

RETURN OF THE GUNFIGHTER (1967, James Neilson)

Robert Taylor’s last appearance as a lead actor in a western movie. Originally made for TV but released theatrically in several countries. Taylor is an aging gunfighter who has been in jail (for a crime he did not commit of course) for five years; when he‘s asked for help by a Mexican friend who’s in danger of being chased from his property, he reluctantly travels South, but arrives too late on the spot; determined to avenge his friend, he teams up with a young gunman (who’s falsely accused of murder) and starts looking for the killers.

The film is nothing special but surprisingly entertaining and has an interesting plot twist that will remind those interested in spaghetti westerns of Giulia Petroni’s Death Rides a Horse (starring Lee van Cleef and John-Philip Law). The young gunfighter is played by Chad Everett, probably best known as as “Dr. Joe Gannon” in the television series Medical Center. His love interest (the daughter of the murdered Mexican farmer) is played by Ana Martin, Miss Mexico 1963.

Watched 3, Take a hard ride was boring ride after $68k. Or was it 86?

Any gun can play started well and stayed that long time. Then suddenly it got into slapstickish but got back into track in the end. OK one, audio track in brisith dvd was quite awful.

Man from oklahoma was most close to hollywood western and bit surprisingly also best of the bunch.