The Last Western You Watched?

Arizona Raiders

I just watched Unforgiving.

At the VERY end, the credits say “dedicated to Sergio and Don”. i assume that is Sergio Leone and Don Siegel, right?

RUN MAN RUN!

Yes, Eastwoods western mentors.

don siegel is more his Dirty Harry mentor, isn’t he?

Well, that’s what he’s better known but he actually directed only the first Dirty Harry movie if I’m not mistaken. I haven’t actually seen any of the westerns Siegel made with Eastwood.

coz there aren’t any

You’re mistaken. Two mules for sister Sara is directed by Siegel.

Tombstone

oh yeah. sorry. my bad. but that’s the only one. I think the credit is more related to all his Dirty Harry, coogan’s bluff etc films where he was his mentor and stuff

Don Siegel directed several westerns including “The Shootist” (John Wayne’s Last movie) , “Death Of A Gunfighter” and a Civil War drama with Eastwood called “The Beguiled”

“God forgives… I don’t” in the german Jewel DVD Edition.

didn’t you find it bizarre that there was one little scene where there were no subtitles although the sound jumped to italian?

Today’s movie is the greatest “spaghetti western” of them all:

“The Good,The Bad and The Ugly”

BIG JAKE,NOT THE DUKES FINEST MOVIE.BUT ANYTHING WITH JOHN WAYNE OR RICHARD BOONE IN IT IS WORTH WATCHING,AND BOTH ARE IN THIS ONE.

Tessari: Return of Ringo
-Gemmas best western in my opinion. Not so much of action as in regular spaghettis but good script and characters. Morricones music is awesome as always. Only thing which irritates me in this movie is Gemmas continuous twitch on his face.

Mann: Man of the West
-Good, serious and violent Hollywood western with Gary Cooper.

Martin: Pancho Villa
-Comedic film with Telly Savalas as Pancho Villa. Quite bad film actually but it’s always a pleasure to watch Telly. He also sings a song during the end titles.

The SpWe-documentary from IFC, nice stuff.

WATCHED “ANY GUN CAN PLAY”.AND "DEADMAN"OVER THE WEEKEND.THATS MAKES ABOUT A DOZEN TIMES IVE WATCHED DEADMAN.GREAT MOVIE!

“FIVE BLOODY GRAVES” – A great narrative from “Death” in this film, it’s a great film by director Al Adamson, surprisingly not like anything else he’s ever done. Spaghetti themed, shot in the US. Must see for exploitation fans.

Today is my annual Thanksgiving Day Western marathon…
No turkeys on this menu

1. Hang’Em High
  2. Rio Bravo
    3.Wanted:Dead Or Alive (a couple of episodes from the McQueen classic)
  3. The Searchers
  4. Gunfight At The O.K. Corral