The Last Western You Watched?

Also worked in a double bill today, Today We Kill… Tomorrow We Die!, and starring the most recent Hall of Famer: The Black Eagle of Santa Fe.

Help yourself before the Injuns come and drink it all up!

A very weak Eagle, hopefully these two were well-paid for the job

The Black Killer (1971)

Mexican guy (or just a guy who has shoe polish on his face for some reason) has an Arnie moment: “We gat to get dose basteeeeeeeeerds!!!”

(I think we should have a “The last SPAGHETTI western you watched” topic - Yes? No?)

We have the film’s thread for any thoughts on Spagies

1 Like

Yes I know, but I thought this kind of topic would be more dynamic than single movie topic, like this one or “the last movie you watched” are. To add more talk about spaghettis on this forum, we are slightly neglecting them.

I disagree. The whole point of the spaghetti western forum is to discuss certain movies. so once we start dumping all movie talk into one topic, what value does the search or individual topics add? very little. Quite the contrary, if the minute you watched a spaghetti western, you update a specific movie topic with your latest thoughts, you keep the dynamic of the forum going and revive discusions on certain films, etc

Saw that indie flick Yellow Rock. Not a bad little film, but nothing that needs to be seen.

I went back to this movie because some people had told me it was better than I thought it was:

My blu-ray of Slow West (MacLean, 2015) arrived yesterday so I gave it another look today. Liked it better than I did the first time out, and I liked it pretty well back then. It really is a stunningly beautiful picture, and it comes as little surprise to find that it was filmed in “Middle Earth” itself - New Zealand. I didn’t realise however that writer/director John MacLean is a former member of Scottish indie folk noodlers The Beta Band.

Watching His Name is King right now, better than I remember. Saw RIO CONCHOS yesterday with Richard Boone and Jim Brown! Fuckin great movie!

Red Headed Stranger (1986)
-This is sort of a little hidden gem, at least I had never heard about this western with Willie Nelson before until few days ago when a friend told about it in fb. Nelson plays a preacher who tries to help a little town which is being controlled by a family who owns the water supply of the region but after some tragic events he turns into a outlaw gunfighter. Nelson is supported by R.G. Armstrong and they make a good team. Worth checking.

I wrote an article about it a while ago:

2 Likes

Keoma - singing aside this is a good spaghetti. Clearly inspired by the wild bunch with slow motion. Also like Castellari’s use of flashbacks in live action so we see keoma’s memories through his own eyes as he remembers events with his brothers.

1 Like

Yeah, singing aside - well-said :wink:

Good to know I’m not the only one :grinning:. I’m Always tweaking the volume up and down when I watch it as the singing does get a bit overpowering!

JESSI’S GIRLS - A woman is after the killers who raped her and murdered her husband. Typical 70s exploitation western that, unsurprisingly, ain’t too good at all. The main theme of the score is repeated so many times during the film it’s pure madness. Oh well, at least the chicks were good looking.

The Hateful Eight. What a nice movie! I don’t understand people who hate the movie. Two of my work colleagues were very disappointed. But I loved it! Western and a bit of Agatha Christie. 5/5 Stars

1 Like

ii’m going to watch Sartana the gravedigger

Backlash with Robert Widmark, on that nice Explosive Media BluRay. Not the greatest movie but I liked his character in it.

Robert or Richard Widmark?

I think Robert Widmark was a pseudonym used by Alberto dell’Aqua