The Last Western You Watched? ver.2.0

Yes, Brother Outlaw is the one Spag of Mulargia which is pretty bad. Has the strong fidanesque feeling of the big total boredom.

1 Like

That’s true - Must be a candidate for the top 20 worst SWs. Do we have such a list on SWDB?

There’s a bottom 20 thread yeah.

Not necessarily. The one Crea which I have (tried) to watch is much worse, and some Fids are also way below.

1 Like

Certainly. I’ve tried to watch On the third day Crow arrived only few days ago…

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

I’ve also attempted to watch ‘Arrived the Crow’, at least twice - couldn’t get past the first 20 minutes.
Fidani, (or Dick Spitfire as I prefer to call him) … his films are in a category all by themselves - Sometimes they’re unintentionally funny or just so completely inept that they keep you watching in disbelief.
I often wondered what was the feeling on set of these productions - did the makers believe they were doing something worthwhile, albeit with very small budgets, or they just didn’t give a shit, as it was a paying job.
A few years ago I had the opportunity to meet Fidani’s daughter, Simonetta … I just said hello, because I couldn’t recall the names of anything she’d appeared in that was worth commenting on … and I didn’t want to be rude.

1 Like

Another western featuring mostly unintentional, but hilariously funny scenes is Fat Brothers From A Place Called Trinity. Crea and Fidanis films are well executed when compared to that.

LOL that sound sounds like an endurance challenge ? :sweat_smile:

The Man Who Cried For Revenge

I’ve read subsequently Scherp’s review in which is stated: “seems to divide the spaghetti western community in two groups: those who like the first half hour, but think the remainder of the movie is a bit of a let-down, and those who call the first thirty minutes boring, but think the movie picks up a little afterwards.”

Well, i got news for you, scherp, because i like it from start to finish. One of the best Steffen’s out there. Not sure if that story makes much sense, but it is surprisingly well directed with lot of fine ideas and superb cinematography.
Cool tricks with nitro. :boom:
One of the best town gunfights in the genre.

1 Like

Youre Jinxed, Friend, Youve Met Sacramento
Wanted to watch this for a long time, because of Ty Hardin, well, i don’t know many details concerning his personal life, but as an actor, he is one of the coolest guys in the genre. But only if he has a beard! And, as you can see he got one in this film, luckily. No beard, no fun. I tell you something - if he didn’t get a proper beard here, it would completely ruin the movie.
I pretty much liked the movie, of course, neat score by Micalizzi helps, but even besides that, the movie is quite interesting and original by itself. I think, comedy and drama is well mixed together, no complaints here. And you don’t see a boxing match in these type of movies. Another great thing about this little spaghie are locations, the first scene in some kind passway system (dont really know how it is called), or finale in abandoned hacienda like structure and showdown between the trees - all just superb. My rating: :gun::gun::gun::gun:

Ou, and he died recently, in August. :open_mouth:

Good news, I’d say :wink:

The Ballad of Lefty Brown.

Bill Pullman goes on the revenge path to avenge his friend. Pullman has been acting a few years now, but just an actor that does not spring to mind for me. He tends to mumble alot in this one. Its a shame the actor who dies at the start of the film had not played the lead part, as he has more of a character about him. Well never mind. We still have some ok moments in this one, but the film has more not so ok moments which does make the film drag most of the time.

I watched it yesterday. Definitely not a flawless film, but I kinda enjoyed it in the end. You get to sympathize with the main character who can no longer find his place in a changing world. The parts of the plot regarding the corruption and Lefty’s set-up felt rushed though. I give this a low 7 out of 10.

Dmytryk: Warlock
-Classic western with Henry Fonda, Richard Widmark and Anthony Quinn. Good western with great cast, maybe bit too overlong and too talky at times. Fonda is so good here, maybe better than ever. I couldn’t help thinking that the role of Beauregard was modeled after his role of Blaisedell.

I just watched Hostiles at the cinema. I enjoyed the movie but the only issue I have is that it goes out of its way to be politically correct by having the Indians constantly referred to as “Natives.” It’s set in the 19th century, everybody called them Indians back then. Truth is, most American Indians still refer to themselves as such.

I knew this pc shit would come to this one day. Pathetic.

Thanks for the warning @The_Man_With_a_Name - that’s enough to put me right off.

Amazing the amount of films and TV that get period dialogue wrong. Recently watched a couple of episodes of ‘Peaky Blinders’(post first world war Birmingham, England) where in the middle of a confrontation one of the characters uses a modern American phrase, “I got this” … No No No No !!! If you’re going to spend a fortune on costumes and sets, at least have someone over 40 who can identify these gapping inaccuracies. ‘Downton Abbey’ was another series filled with modern speak and 21st century attitudes which really kills all credibility.

I hear u bros. Unlike spaghettis which are, like, totally accurate in every possible way and that’s why we :heart: them
:yum:

2 Likes