SWDb Spaghetti Western Hall of Fame

Boyd and Alessandroni for me for all the reasons already given.

My votes are definitely Boyd and Alessandroni. Boyd had some great villain moments, and I quite enjoyed Alessandroni’s soundtrack for Raise Your Hands Dead Man…

Alessandro Alessandroni
Without him spaghetti western music would not have been what it is.

Susanna Levi *
Her performance as Suzy Barton in Lo ammazzò come un cane… ma lui rideva ancora is one of the strongest moments of spaghetti western.

Rossi*
Boyd

Michele Lupo
Joseph Egger*

Last day to vote!

Okay, this year’s inductees to the SWDB Hall of Fame are:

Alessandro Alessandroni - Composer
Rick Boyd (Federico Boido) - Supporting Actor - Posthumous Induction

Congratulations to both Inductees.

Maybe next year I will get in ( Joseph Egger ) :smiley: .

I need some help writing the bios. Any help appreciated.

Boyd- What were his more memorable and larger roles and what type of character did he play in those roles.

Alessandroni- He’s got a ton of music credits but from looking at imdb its hard to tell exactly what he contributed to each movie. For example in Johnny Hamlet and Any Gun Can Play, Francisco De Masi is the main credited composer but Allesandroni also apparently contributed according to imdb and his official website, so did he contribute a song or two or did he collaborate with De Masi?

I know that Boyd has a memorable part as one of the killers in the finale in The Ruthless Four.

To celebrate Rick Boyd’s induction I have tonight watched again Quel maledetto giorno della resa dei conti. This is really Bruno Corazzari’s film. But Federico also does great as Bruno’s little brother. A lot of rotten bastards and mean faces in this brutal film. It may not be his biggest role, but absolutely one of his top notch films.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:969, topic:2068”]Boyd- What were his more memorable and larger roles and what type of character did he play in those roles.

Alessandroni- He’s got a ton of music credits but from looking at imdb its hard to tell exactly what he contributed to each movie. For example in Johnny Hamlet and Any Gun Can Play, Francisco De Masi is the main credited composer but Allesandroni also apparently contributed according to imdb and his official website, so did he contribute a song or two or did he collaborate with De Masi?[/quote]

• Save for very rare exceptions (Face to Face for example, in which he’s the Sheriff of Purgatory City) Boyd plays henchmen and bad guys. In addition to A Sky Full Of Stars For A Roof, The Ruthless Four and other titles in Reply#947 one can mention Bill il taciturno/Django Kills Softly, in which he plays an unusual character with a lot of tics.

• In those cases music was composed and directed by De Masi and Alessandroni was contributor, most likely for combination of instruments and voices or as whistler.

Sorry for the delay in getting out the bios. Unemployment has taken its toll on me. Alessandroni should be on the way.

Rick Boyd
January 8, 1938 or 1940 (Novi Ligure, Italy)- October 7, 2014 (Rome)
Almost always billed as Rick Boyd (or some variation), the stuntman and actor whose real name was Federico Boido was one of the more prolific actors in Spaghetti Western history. His blonde locks and mean face were easily recognizable in nearly 40 Spaghetti Westerns, as he usually played small supporting roles as a henchman, bandit or hired gun. Among the more known Spaghetti Westerns that he appeared in were Ace High (1966), Face to Face (1967), The Ruthless Four (1968), Sartana Angel of Death (1969), Adios Sabata (1970), Roy Colt and Winchester Jack (1970), Sartana’s Here, Trade Your Pistol for a Coffin (1970), Have a Good Funeral My Friend, Sartana Will Pay (1970), and The Fighting Fist of Shanghai Joe (1973). Outside of the Spaghetti Western genre, he made appearances, sometimes credited, other times not, in a variety of films from Peplum to Horror, including Danger Diabolik (1968), and Planet of the Vampires (1965). Overall, he had amassed nearly 60 film credits. He was also an accomplished author, poet and artist.

Composer
Alessandro Alessandroni
March 16 or 18, 1925 (Rome, Italy)-
The multitalented Musician’s iconic guitar riffs and whistling were instrumental in creating the personification of the Spaghetti Western score, contributing in one way or another in some 20 Spaghetti Western and Euro Western productions. He collaborated with Ennio Morricone on several films, providing his one of a kind whistling for Once Upon a Time in the West (1968). His whistling and guitar playing can be heard in For a Few Dollars More(1965) and his 8 voice choir, “Cantori Moderni Di Alessandroni” was heard in The Good, The Bad and the Ugly (1966) and other classics like Death Rides a Horse(1967), Wanted (1967) and Dead Men Ride (1971). He worked as a choral music arranger on A Fistful of Dollars (1964). His whistling as also heard in Lucky Luke (1991) and its subsequent 1992 TV series. Alesandroni also provided creative input, contributing as an uncredited composer on such films as Any Gun Can Play (1967), Johnny Hamlet (1968), Payment in Blood (1967), collaborating with Francesco De Masi. He also served as a conductor for films such as Seven Dollars on the Red (1966). Outside of the Western genre, he continues to contribute to cinema and television and his work can be heard in various films and television series.

Almost that time of year again! Stay tuned.

Hey everybody. Starting today until next Saturday November 21 at midnight nominations for the SWDB Hall of Fame class of 2016 commences.

Everybody can nominate 1 candidate.

You can nominate either via PM to me or by replying to this thread. Please only nominate candidates who are not already inducted.

When you state your nomination, please include name with correct spelling as well as what category they are in(Lead Actor, Supporting Actor, Actress, Director, Writer, Producer, Composer, Miscellaneous/Observer)

Thanks everyone.

I can’t believe its been 7 years already!

Also, can somebody please help me upload the Wanted posters to the SWDB Hall of Fame page for last years inductees, Rick Boyd and Allesandroni?

I have already added the bios. Also be sure to add the posters to the poster ribbon at the top of the page. Thanks alot.

Here are the links:

Actual voting will take place afterwards.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:976, topic:2068”]Also, can somebody please help me upload the Wanted posters to the SWDB Hall of Fame page for last years inductees, Rick Boyd and Allesandroni?

I have already added the bios. Also be sure to add the posters to the poster ribbon at the top of the page. Thanks alot.

Here are the links:

http://ibin.co/2MXDYsc3zM7e[/quote]

If nobody does, I’ll do it tomorrow. I’m having a very weak connection where I am at the moment.
Remind me if I forget

Thanks Scherp.

Nobody with any nominees yet?

I want to nominate (as I always do):

Arrigo Colombo & Giorgio Papi
The producing partnership who were behind A Fistful of Dollars and thus gave birth to the Spaghetti Western as we know it.

I didn’t realise we could come with nominations yet.

Mark Damon (leading actor)