Screenings Ticker

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Screenings

This is where you can post current and upcoming screenings, sort of like our TV Ticker. For those not active in the Database, you can post screenings here and our Staff will update the page linked above

Great idea.

I’ve just posted details and link for the Once Upon a Time in the West screening at the London Film Festival on the screenings ticker page.
Tickets are now on sale to the general public.

Been lurking on this forum for a while now, but haven’t seen this mentioned so thought i should finally sign up!

[url]http://www.curzoncinemas.com/whats_on/curzon_soho/midnight_movies/sukiyaki_western_django_django@curzon_soho[/url]

On Friday 23rd January the Curzon cinema in Soho, London is showing Django and Sukiyaki Western Django as one of its Midnight Movies screenings. Apparently the films are preceded by a ‘cowboy party’ starting at 9.30pm before the films at 11.30pm!

[quote=“DoubleDrat, post:4, topic:1233”]Been lurking on this forum for a while now, but haven’t seen this mentioned so thought i should finally sign up!

[url]http://www.curzoncinemas.com/whats_on/curzon_soho/midnight_movies/sukiyaki_western_django_django@curzon_soho[/url]

On Friday 23rd January the Curzon cinema in Soho, London is showing Django and Sukiyaki Western Django as one of its Midnight Movies screenings. Apparently the films are preceded by a ‘cowboy party’ starting at 9.30pm before the films at 11.30pm![/quote]

Sounds like fun. I might give that a go. Thanks DoubleDrat, and welcome to the forum.

ace, i’ve got tickets already so perhaps i’ll see you there!

Sounds like a plan.

By the way I’ve added the details of this event to the screenings page

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Screenings

Hopefully there will be one in Sweden sometime…

Is Guns for San Sebastian any good ? If yes, I’ll get someone to tape it ! :slight_smile:

I liked it, it’s interesting

Alright then… I’ll tape it ! Right now Rio Lobo is on… :slight_smile:

Btw. do they show it in english?

http://www.watershed.co.uk/news/295/

Gunslingers, ponchos, bounty hunters and mean, manly looks feature every high noon on Sundays throughout December at Watershed.

December Sundays at Watershed presents four of Sergio Leone’s classic, operatic Spaghetti Westerns (A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and Once Upon a Time in the West), films that both paid tribute to and yet tore apart every other Western that came before. Famed for moody close ups juxtaposed with epic lengthy long shots, stately pacing and haunting, original music from Ennio Morricone, Leone single-handedly reinvented the genre - a genre where the hero became an anti-hero and the mysterious stranger in town was reinvented into a self-serving, ruthless criminal.

These films have at their core the inscrutable gunslinger with no name (step forward Mr Eastwood, and later Mr Bronson) who is famously short on words but big on action. Greed and revenge are the motivating factors for these iconic anti-lawmen who, although deeply flawed, bring a rough and ready justice to men who feed off those less powerful than themselves. Even when the bullets are flying, the bodies are falling and the looks flying around the screen like daggers, becoming even more tight-lipped and grim you can’t help but cheer them on.

These four genre-busting films are just £3.50 per screening and you can make a full morning of it with a lip-smacking full breakfast in the Café/Bar before the film - where if you show your cinema ticket you will receive £1.00 off. Or indulge in a special pasta dish of the day after the screening, also with a £1.00 off.

Don’t miss your chance to catch these classics on the big screen.

[The promotion is in two parts. Part II below]

December Sundays sees a season of Sergio Leone’s classic, operatic Spaghetti Westerns, films that both paid tribute to and yet tore apart every other Western that came before. Famed for moody close ups juxtaposed with epic lengthy long shots, stately pacing and haunting, original music from Ennio Morricone, Leone single-handedly reinvented the genre - a genre where the hero became an anti-hero and the mysterious stranger in town was reinvented into a self-serving, ruthless criminal.

These films have at their core the inscrutable gunslinger with no name (step forward Mr Eastwood and Mr Bronson) who is famously short on words but big on action. Greed and revenge are the motivating factors for these iconic anti-lawmen who, although deeply flawed, bring a rough and ready justice to those who feed off those less powerful than themselves. Even when the bullets are flying, the bodies are falling and the looks flying around the screen become even more unbelievably tight-lipped and grim you can’t help but cheer them on.

All the films are just £3.50 and you receive £1.00 off a tasty full breakfast in the Café/Bar before the screenings or a £1.00 off the pasta dish of the day after the screening.

Download the Breakfast menu.

Download the sample Winter menu.

Showing in Spaghetti Sundays :
Spaghetti Sundays: A Fistful of Dollars Sun 06 Dec
Join us for a season of Sergio Leone’s operatic Spaghetti Westerns, epic films that both paid tribute to and deconstructed everything that came before. Further Information
Spaghetti Sundays: For a Few Dollars More Sun 13 Dec
Eastwood returns as a bounty hunter forced into a reluctant partnership with old pro Mortimer to bring in the territory’s most psychopathic bandit. Further Information
Spaghetti Sundays: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Sun 20 Dec
One of the most ambitious, graphic, and stylistically influential Westerns ever made. Further Information
Spaghetti Sundays: Once Upon a Time in the West Sun 27 Dec
A pensive, wistful meditation on death, capitalism and greed, this is a grandiose, mythical ode to everything Leone loved about America and its movies.

+44 (0)117 927 5100 Watershed
Work1 Canon’s Road,
Harbourside,
Bristol
BS1 5TX
United Kingdom
info@watershed.co.uk

And The Bounty Killer at number 55 in the list?!?!?! Come on! Well, in these things the sad fact is that the people that vote, most of them, haven’t really watched spags other that the most known. The Bounty Killer is a top 10 (I’d even say higher), without any hesitation.

what does that have to do with screenings? i’m confused

I missed a great screening on original filmstock, past sunday 20th december in MY HOMETOWN (Utrecht, Holland) of the Good the Bad and the Ugly.

Only 8 euros !!! aaaaaaaaaargh. How could I have missed it ? I was boring myself to bits that sunday, since everything was covered in 20 cm of snow and all the public transport died.

cries in a corner

Those tings are really really sad :’(.

Are there any norwegians on this forum? The cinematheque in Oslo, Norway is showing a bunch of SWs the next to months.
A FISTFULL OF DOLLARS
TIR 2. NOV KL. 20.30, LØR 6. NOV KL. 14.00

FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE
ONS 3. NOV KL. 21.00, LØR 6. NOV KL. 16.00

THE GREAT SILENCE
TOR 4. NOV KL. 21.00, FRE 5. NOV KL. 19.00

DEATH RIDES A HORSE
ONS 3. NOV KL. 19.00, FRE 5. NOV KL. 21.00

CEMENTARY WITHOUT CROSSES
TOR 11. NOV KL. 20.00, FRE 12. NOV KL. 20.45

THE RETURN OF RINGO
SØN 7. NOV KL. 20.30, TIR 9. NOV KL. 19.00

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST
LØR 13. NOV KL. 18.00, TOR 18. NOV KL 20.15

DJANGO
SØN 14. NOV KL. 21.00, TIR 16. NOV KL. 18.30

THE GRAND DUEL
TIR 16. NOV KL. 21.00, ONS 17. NOV KL. 21.00

KILL AND PRAY
TIR 30. NOV KL. 21.00, ONS 1. DES KL. 21.00

DJANGO KILL
LØR 4. DES KL. 17.00, TIR 7. DES KL. 20.30

THE BIG GUNDOWN
SØN 5. DES KL. 19.00, ONS 8. DES KL. 19.00

SOME DOLLARS FOR DJANGO
ONS 10. NOV KL. 21.00, LØR 13. NOV KL. 16.00

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY
TOR 9. DES KL. 20.00, FRE 10. DES KL. 19.00, LØR 11. DES KL. 17.00, ONS 15. DES KL. 19.00, FRE 17. DES KL. 19.00, LØR 18. DES KL. 17.00, SØN 19. DES KL. 19.00

cool! yeah I think there are a few norwegians in here!

This might be a bit of a far fetch for most forum aficionados, but there will be two SW screenings in my new home of Melbourne, Australia. The Good, the bad and the ugly will be on the 2nd of January at 7 pm (I wont be there unfortunately, I don’t know which print it will be).
Next Highlight will be Once upon a time in the west, screening on the 13th of February at 7pm. This will apparently be a new 35mm print. All english audio I assume.
They will be shown in Melbourne’s nicest cinema: [url]astor-theatre.com
Any SW fans from Melbourne or even Australia on this forum?