Sartana Saga: Spaghetti Western Bible 2

Firstlook/Videoasia, who released the Spaghetti Western Bible Vol. 1 “Trinity” collection recently, will be releasing volume 2 on February 24.

It consists of 10 Sartana films. Films include I Am Sartana Your Angel Of Death, Have A Good Funeral My Friend…Sartana Will Pay, Sartana In the Valley of Vultures, Light the Fuse…Sartana Is Coming, Sartana Does Not Forgive, Sartana Kills Them All, Django Defies Sartana, Trinity And Sartana, Halleluja And Sartana… They Are Sons Of God, and Four Came To Kill Sartana.

Came across this release tonight after viewing Sartana Does Not Forgive, being thoroughly impressed and looking for any better quality releases than the VHS rip.

Unfortunately, I am unable to locate any details or specs on this release, and Vol 1 from this company was crap. Looks like the 10 movies will be on 3 discs, so obviously the quality on most will not be good.

Here’s hoping Sartana Does Not Forgive will be the one quality title in this release, or at least offer an english audio track, as the other titles that are worth a damn are already available.

Yeah, Sartana Does Not Forgive is a good movie. You saw a vhs rip? The version I saw was an Australian tv rip, in Spanish. I do know of an Italian language vhs.
This box set will be available for around $20. Four Came to Kill Sartana is another interesting one in that batch. So I gues I’ll have to buy it when it comes out.

I’ll definitely be getting this. I’m sure the quality won’t be great but there’s a handful of titles there that genuinely interest me. Some of which I suspect wouldn’t be saved much by a widescreen quality image anyway :smiley: The Fidani springs to mind.
And anyhow, 10 films for $20. The miser in me won’t be able to resist it :wink:

You got me actually… I saw the same Australian TV rip with the Spanish dub. Quality on that one is pretty bad, so this new release stands some chance of being an improvement.

I don’t have Halleluja And Sartana or Four Came To Kill Sartana yet, but I haven’t seen anything good said about them. I’m expecting something along the lines of Trinity & Sartana from these two…

Oh not that bad please :-\

Yeah, it would take quite a bit to reach the level of Trinity & Sartana… The only reviews for those two I’ve seen yet are on imdb, and while they both sound like they could be describing Trinity & Sartana, it seems like I disagree with imdb reviews more often than not

[quote=“autephex, post:4, topic:1463”]I don’t have Halleluja And Sartana or Four Came To Kill Sartana yet, but I haven’t seen anything good said about them. I’m expecting something along the lines of Trinity & Sartana from these two…[/quote]Four came to kill Sartana is a pretty good one. It’s Fidani of course so maybe not for all tastes but I’d say it’s one of his better ones.

Good to hear. I enjoy Fidanis myself, so I’ll look forward to seeing it. I actually didn’t even realize it was a Fidani when I first started checking it out.

It looks quite interesting. I will buy it although i already own many Sartanas either in DVD or Greek VHS format.

Well i pre-ordered it the other night. Just hope it’s a decent print of Sartana Does Not Forgive! The Australian tv print isn’t that bad but mine crackles pretty loudly for most of the film >:( Anyway, this one’s my main reason for getting the set…$17.99 isn’t too much to fork out i guess…

One can only hope ;).

Is this a region 1 release?

yep

Just had an email from DeepDiscount.com saying that this set has been discontinued by the manufacturer…

Hi!

I searched the internet for “Spaghetti Western Bible”. Didn´t found anything, but “The Macaroni Western Bible”!
There are Vol.1-11, but all are out of stock.
Does anyone know something about that collection or, if the Spaghetti Western Bible ist still somewhere available?

Cheers

Doc Simmi

[quote=“Doc Simmi, post:15, topic:1463”]Hi!

I searched the internet for “Spaghetti Western Bible”. Didn´t found anything, but “The Macaroni Western Bible”!
There are Vol.1-11, but all are out of stock.
Does anyone know something about that collection or, if the Spaghetti Western Bible ist still somewhere available?

Cheers

Doc Simmi[/quote]
Hi Doc

www.cdjapan.co.jp still has some i believe, quite pricey though

I would not waste your time with volume 1, but if you must, I’m sure its available on amazon.

is that a definite? i’m bummed if so… despite the poor quality of the first release, i was looking forward to this one

Here is a copy of the e mail, slightly edited so everyone cannot see my credit card details etc:

Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, the item(s) listed below
have been discontinued by the manufacturer and are no longer available
at this time. We apologize for your disappointment. Since this item(s) was
canceled from your order, your credit card was not charged for that item.

We encourage you to consider another item from our product selection and to
shop with us again. If you have any questions about your order, please send
an e-mail to our customer service department at: cs@deepdiscount.com or
you may call us at 1-800-264-5076.

Order Number:                   Date:   1/09/09                       

Bill to :

Item # Description Quantity Cancelled
FLP090979 DVD : SARTANA SAGA-SPAGHETTI WESTERN BIB 1.00

awww man. Holding out the good stuff on us?

bummer, maybe they will put it out at a later date

Search for Spaghetti Bible instead which seems to be the title it’s stored under at online retailers.

Yes, just checked it on dvdpacific aswell where it is also now stated as being discontinued :frowning: Checked what else VideoAsia has coming out and what do you know at March 31st a widescreen version of Blood Money is due. I already got the French disc which carries the English dub but for people living in the states it might be interesting:

http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=1053177