RetroVision Possible Release Thread

Hello all on SWDB,

I am “The Bastard” and I am the guy behind RetroVision Entertainment and I’m not making this thread for self-promotion, rather for your thoughts and opinions on select Spaghetti Western titles that I have the opportunity to license on DVD & Blu-ray in the US. If this thread is not acceptable and the admins wish to remove, please let me know and I will post where appropriate.

We are currently slated for DJANGO IL BASTARDO to be released in September after being given a new DigiBeta master, and have been going around to rights holders inquiring about more titles. Below are a few I’ve had interest in acquiring and know that they can be licensed for the US now, unless noted otherwise:

DJANGO KILL… IF YOU LIVE, SHOOT (1967) [new HD transfer, no DNR like BU release, will be available in 2017]
DJANGO DEFIES SARTANA (1970) [HD]
DON’T WAIT DJANGO SHOOT (1967) [HD]
SHANGO (1970) [SD only, HD can be made]
CHUCK MOLL (1970) [HD]
Il Giustiziere di Dio (1973) [HD]
THE FORGOTTEN PISTOLERO (1969) [SD only, HD can be made]
QUINTANA (1969) [HD]
BROTHER OUTLAW (1971) [HD]

Please excuse me if any of these titles aren’t correct translations, these are the ones given to me by the rights holders. This is just a list of what is possible right now for DVD and Blu-ray from RetroVision. I am very interested in want the community wants and would love to hear your feedback on any of these titles. I understand some of these lack proper licensed releases and it would be great to bring them out in better quality.

I noticed you have the Executioner of God on there. Thats as rare as hens teeth, I hope you do get the chance to release that.
Also Quintana was a pleasant surprise on this list.

I was just thinking today would Django The Bastard ever make it to BLU. Would this be a Region 1 only release?

There wasn’t an HD master to be used, so not at the moment. It will be Region 0 NTSC.

I wish I could release them all, if anything, they could all be DVD releases, but the format isn’t so popular anymore, and HD is the way to go these days among many collectors. Another SW title I wanted to give a new release was BOOT HILL, as I don’t believe there’s ever been an anamorphic DVD release of it yet.

Well, I know myself I’d be happy for a basic SD release of some of these, as it would be a significant improvement over some of these rare titles, most of which don’t even have releases anyways.

Would be interested in these in any format:

QUINTANA (1969) [HD]

These have been on DVD but would still buy a decent Blu:

DJANGO KILL… IF YOU LIVE, SHOOT (1967) [new HD transfer, no DNR like BU release, will be available in 2017]

Well, if the choices are limited, I’d say release all the ones with little to no English release available. These titles:

QUINTANA (1969) [HD]

caught my eye cause none of them are currently available in English on DVD. Shango and Quintana both are, according to the SWDB, only available on Dutch VHS in English. Hell, Il Giustiziere di Dio doesn’t even have a release of any sort; the best I could find was an unsubtitled rip of a VHS of an Italian TV recording on CG.
As far as these titles are concerned:

CHUCK MOLL (1970) [HD]

They’re all still available from Blue Underground and Wild East, respectively, in decent versions. An upgrade would be really nice, but I’d rather give disc space to some films that haven’t had it before upgrading those who have :wink:

And as far as Boot Hill is concerned, I think providing a non-OOP disc to US viewers would be nice (although considering the prevalence of the WE print on so many bargain sets it’s hard to call this one “OOP”)

[quote=“The Bastard, post:1, topic:3544”]Hello all on SWDB,

I am “The Bastard” and I am the guy behind RetroVision Entertainment and I’m not making this thread for self-promotion, rather for your thoughts and opinions on select Spaghetti Western titles that I have the opportunity to license on DVD & Blu-ray in the US. If this thread is not acceptable and the admins wish to remove, please let me know and I will post where appropriate.

We are currently slated for DJANGO IL BASTARDO to be released in September after being given a new DigiBeta master, and have been going around to rights holders inquiring about more titles. Below are a few I’ve had interest in acquiring and know that they can be licensed for the US now, unless noted otherwise:

CHUCK MOLL (1970) [HD]
QUINTANA (1969) [HD]
BROTHER OUTLAW (1971) [HD]

Please excuse me if any of these titles aren’t correct translations, these are the ones given to me by the rights holders. This is just a list of what is possible right now for DVD and Blu-ray from RetroVision. I am very interested in want the community wants and would love to hear your feedback on any of these titles. I understand some of these lack proper licensed releases and it would be great to bring them out in better quality.[/quote]

I am interested in any of these in Blu Ray. Forgotten Pistolero would be my #1 of the list that I would buy if available in blu.

Thanks for your feedback, will send my offer to the Italians very soon. For SHANGO, the rights holders said they will pay for the scanning of the negative if I take care of the restoration. Most likely, it would be handed off to a studio here in the US who could handle it.

RE: Boot Hill - remember, the master used on those cheap DVD sets are from VHS rips, usually. I was considering double-billing DJANGO IL BASTARDO with BOOT HILL as a release of BOOT HILL by itself would be incredibly risky due to the many times that it’s bootlegged.

Good idea, I would be up for that.

As for Blu rays, as long as the print is decent, there is sometimes no need for restoration. There are several companies who do not do any restoration for the blu rays they release. Spaghetti fans I doubt would be bothered by minor print damage.

Also, for Blu rays, multiple language options would make them for me more attractive. So Italian w/ optional English subs and English soundtracks where possible. I would much rather have language choice options than a lot of restoration so long as source print is reasonably good.

Hell, I’d just be happy to some of these released ;D.

You said you were considering it, does that mean you will or will the Django the Bastard release go through on it’s own, per the slated September release? I know I’d love to see some of the unreleased films go through double billing; it tends to save on shelf space and it always is nice to feel like you’re getting “2 for the price of 1” :smiley:

DJANGO IL BASTARDO will be a double bill with BOOT HILL this September. Both are digital transfers and are 2.35:1 anamorphic, unlike prior releases. Both will have English & Italian audio. Also sent an offer to the rights holders for the other films. Fingers crossed!

Nice! What are the runtimes on each?

Sorry for the late reply, as to your question: DJANGO is 97 minutes approx, as is BOOT HILL.

Coming to the end of September and unless I missed something the scheduled release of DJANGO THE BASTARD / BOOT HILL has still not happened yet?

Well, there’s an eBay listing he put up that schedules a release for the 29th, found here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Django-the-Bastard-Boot-Hill-1969-Spaghetti-Western-Double-Feature-DVD/121744300577?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D60a083bde69f4cf5a900df01d35c7981%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D391272403283

Ah, thanks :smiley:

Think I will wait for feedback on here before I order a copy.

Isnt it getting a wider release or is it just being sold via ebay I wonder?