R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

RIP Umberto Raho. Marco Giusti has reported that Italian supporting actor Umberto Raho died in Anzio, Italy on January 9. He was 93. Raho appeared in 12 Euro-westerns including My Name is Pecos (1966) as Umberto and Pecos Cleans Up (1967) as Pinto, both films starred Robert Woods, The Bang Bang Kid (1967) as Reverend Garrett Emerson Langry, 15 Scaffolds for a Killer (1968) and Drummer of Vengeance (1971) as the Mayor.

Oh my God, a few days after i said some kind words about him in my Pecos review

R.I.P. Umberto

One of those faces that turned up everywhere in Italian genre cinema but I always remember him best in a bunch of eurospies and gialli.

I liked him as the mad preacher in “Pecos”, when he holds up the cards to tell fortunes and gets holes shot through them :). RIP

RIP Aldo Bufi Landi. Italian stage and film actor Aldo Bufi Landi died in Italy on February 2, 2016. He was 92. Born in Naples on April 7, 1923, Bufi Landi was known mainly as a stage actor of the highest degree, Bufi Landi also appeared in over 100 films from 1947 to 2013. Aldo appeared in four Euro-westerns: “Samson and the Slave Queen” (1963), “Zorro the Conqueror” (1968), “Quintana: Dead or Alive” (1969) and “Zorro the Dominator” (1970). Aldo was married to actress Clara Bindi.

RIP John Denver Collins. American director, cinematographer and actor John Denver Collins died on February 7 of cancer in Helena, Montana. He was 66. Born in Denver, Colorado on January 25, 1950, Collins was the younger brother of folk singer Judy Collins. He appeared as “The Kid” in 1971’s Doc starring Stacy Keach, Harris Yulin and Faye Dunaway.

Andrzej Zulawski. One of my favorite directors.

from wikipedia:
“On 17 February 2016, Andrzej Ć»uƂawski died at a hospital in Warsaw, after a long battle with cancer.”

Dan van Husen is in Tabernas, Spain working on the western Thou Shalt Kill and heard today that Carlos ‘Charly’ Bravo has died in Madrid. Specific date is unknown. I have several messages out to obtain further info and will post when I hear some specifics. Bravo would have been 73 on March 6th 2016.

Apparently it was only rumor although I’ve been told he has not been well and is suffering from alcoholism.

Apparently no one knows anything about Charly’s passing so I assume that Dan was mistaken. Carlos Aguilar told me Bravo is in poor health suffering from the effects of Alcoholism and poverty.

The Spanish Actors Union posted today that last October 6 2015 Mary Gay Prindle, better known as May Heatherly died in Madrid, Spain. Affiliated with the Spanish Union of Actors and Actresses, May participated in productions such as “Goya’s Ghosts” (2006), “Mil gritos tiene la noche” and “Ella y el miedo”. She was born in Los Angeles, California on May 13, 1942, but moved to Spain when she was 11 years-old, there she began her career in the world of acting. May was one of the most popular faces of 1970s and 1980s, following her success in several horror movies. Heatherly appeared in several US TV series and also two Euro-western “Torrejon City” as Ruth in 1962 and the TV fil “Outlaw Justice” as Mrs. Preble in1998. Thanks to Mike Ferguson for the additional information that May’s father was J. Prindle (James Donald Prindle) 1904-1968, who wrote the stories for the films “Gunfight at Red Sands” (1963) and “The Ugly Ones” (1966).

RIP George Kennedy (Bandolero!)

R.I.P . Starred in some great films, but The Human Factor has to be one of my favourites.

RIP George Kennedy. American actor George Kennedy died in Boise, Idaho on February 28th. He was 91. Kennedy was born on February 18, 1925. His father was a pianist and a composer/conductor, his mother a vaudeville dancer. After a 15 year military career Kennedy came to Hollywood and appeared in many TV westerns as a villain and tough guy. Winning an Academy Award for his performance in “Cool Hand Luke” he became a leading actor and star. He appeared in two Euro-Westerns: as Chris in Guns of the Magnificent 7 (1969), the director in Don’t Come Knocking (2005) and was the voice of Ralph in the TV series Santo Bugito (1995).

Kennedy was a favorite of mine, especially as the poor computer technician out for revenge in “The Human Factor”, a great slow burn thriller. RIP Mr Kennedy.

He’s great in that.

R.I.P. Big George.

One of my favorite actors.

R.I.P. George.

RIP Riccardo Garrone

Italian stage, film and TV actor Riccardo Garrone died in Milan on March 14th. He was 89. Mostly seen as a villain and town boss he was born in Rome on November 1, 1926. He’s probably best remembered for his role as Killer Kossock in The Bang Bang Kid 1967 but also appeared in Deguello (1965), "If You Want to Live
 Shoot! (1967), “No Room to Die” (1969), “A Man Called Sledge” (1970) as the warden “Sting of the West” (1972) as the sheriff and “The Crazy Bunch” (1974) as Frisco Joe. Riccardo was the brother of director, screenwriter Sergio Garrone.

Thanks Riccardo, RIP

RIP Larry Drake, AKA Durant AKA Dr Giggles whom has died at the age of 66.

Larry Drake also did the voice of “Pops” in my fave kids show ever, Johnny Bravo.
He was also known as the killer Durant in Darkman, Dark Night of The Scarecrow, and his appearances in LA Law.

R.I.P

Funny in the 90’s used to have this guy coming around who would buy all my rubbish vhs tapes from me. We called him Larry Drake as he was a spitting image of the actor :smile:

1 Like