R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

RIP

DAVID BOWIE

A real legend that has left us. Mission accomplished Major Tom

Yeah put on The Man Who Sold the World-album when I heard it. Very sad.

What a manā€¦R.I.P dude.

Truly shocking news to wake up to this morning. I had no idea he was so Ill. Hard to imagine a single artist ever being quite as original, innovative and inspirational over such a breadth of styles in the manner that he was. Tributes are often (understandably) overexaggerated when a much-loved celebrity passes on but itā€™s no exaggeration in this instance to say that David Bowie was arguably the greatest musical artist who as ever lived.

Thereā€™s a Starman, waiting in the sky.

Sad news indeedā€¦ just the other day I watched The Martian and towards the middle end of the movie in one particular scene the track Starman started playing and right there and then I said to myself, man Iā€™ve got to start listening to some of Bowies classics again, well thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing right now.
R.I.P. ā€¦David!

BOWIE : THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS

Bowie is dead, long live Bowie. Everybody was a fan now heā€™s gone, so it seems. I was a fan until deep in the eighties or the early nineties, I do not remember exactly. Some of his later work did not appeal to me. Ironically I spent some time listening to tracks of his latest album over the last few days, and Black Star seemed better than the things he had been doing lately, but not good enough to turn me into a fan again.

Itā€™s a strange feeling that heā€™s no longer with us. There was something about him that seemed to carry him beyond time and place, as if he belonged to some parallel universe. No other artist ever gave me that impression, not even Elvis or Lennon. Maybe it was his androgynous appearance, or his regular metamorphoses. Bowie was always there but you never knew who he was. I have played with the idea that he was a creation, an idea given shape to by different people. He was, so to speak, the man who never was, he always became, so now he is no more, he can still be. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the news about his death would be revoked in one of the next few hours or days.

1 Like

His recent single, which is good I thought:

That wasā€¦ quite eerie.

On another sad note, RIP Angus Scrimm aka The Tall Man from the Phantasm film series.

Yes looking forward to seeing him in the next Phantasm film which he managed to complete before his deathā€¦R.I.P

RIP

Alan Rickman

Sad news as another familiar face disappears

Awful news (and on top of Lemmy and David Bowie thatā€™s a phrase which is coming all too thick and fast at the moment).

A scenery-chewing delight in movies such as Die Hard (McTiernan, 1988), Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (Costner, 1991), Dogma (Smith, 1999) and the Harry Potter series - among many others, of course - my abiding memory of him will be of his masterful performance in Anthony Minghellaā€™s Truly, Madly, Deeply (1990), a beautiful romance movie which, imo, beat the far more high-profile Ghost (Zucker, 1990) at its own game.

RIP

He was also brilliant in Galaxy Quest. My favourite Rickman performance and a guilty pleasure that Iā€™m in the slightest guilty about.

Iā€™m with you Phil. Rickman is brilliant in Galaxy Quest, I really enjoy that film totally guilty, but still a pleasure

Alan Rickman, Lemmy, and David Bowie all within 2 weeks is a bit too much to take.

Lets not forget The Tall Man aka Angus Scrimm.

I loved the first two Phantasm movies. Great creepy stuff

Also I might add, Alan Rickman was the best thing in Quigley Down Under .

R.I.Pā€¦Alan.

R.I.P. FRANCO CITTI

Most of us will know him from the Pasolini movies and a small role in The Godfather, but he was also in Castellerariā€™s KILL THEM ALL AND COME BACK ALONE

RIP Citti. Was not expecting this. He was a favorite of my brother for his Pasolini films, plus he played some really great villains, like in Rome, The Other Face of Violence.

Bloody hell, 2016 is just getting worse and worse. Iā€™ve just heard that Dan Haggerty ( Grizzly Adams ) has died of Cancer too. RIP.