R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

Sad news indeed about Wes Craven. I’ll never forget the first time I saw A Nightmare On Elm Street, it scared the crap out of me.
Mr. CRAVEN.

Sad news, big loss to cinema. Didn’t know he was battling cancer tbh.

My son is going to his nan’s tonight. I think I’m going to have a mini Wes-a-thon in Mr. Craven’s honour. Scream (1996) (mrs.caress’ favourite), A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), The Hills Have Eyes (1977) (my favourite) and then, if I’m still up, either The Serpent & the Rainbow (1988) or The Last House on the Left (1972).

RIP

Yes R.I.P, made some good ones.

R.I.P.

RIP Mr Craven.

Simo Salminen (1932-2015), finnish actor and comedian. He was in 2 finnish westerns:

Italian bodybuilder and actor Sergio Ciani known to filmgoers as Alan Steel died in his sleep overnight on September 5th at him home in Ostia, Rome, Italy. He would have turned 80 in two days. Born in Rome on September 7, 1935 he was a bodybuilder who became a double for Steve Reeves during the Sword and Sandal film craze in the 1950s. He went on to appear in over 25 films among which were four Euro-westerns: Lost Treasure of the Aztecs (1964), Saguaro (1968), Fasthand is Still My Name and Cowboy Kid both 1973.

RIP Sergio :’(.

R.I.P. DEAN JONES

Born: Dean Carroll Jones
January 25, 1931 in Decatur, Alabama, USA

Died: September 1, 2015 (age 84) in Los Angeles, California, USA

Dean Jones…the original driver (Jim Douglas) of the No. 73 Volkswagen, ‘HERBIE’, in the ‘Disney’ classic, ‘THE LOVE BUG’ (1968).

As ‘Jim Douglas’, he appeared in the third ‘HERBIE’ movie, ‘Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo’.

For a certain ‘generation’, ‘The Love Bug’ was a phenomenon. It spawned many sequels, but none so watchable as the Original.

Personally, I remember going to view it at our local cinema…a replica ‘Herbie’ car was parked outside, and these were the days when Cinema-going was ‘an event’!

Dean Jones also appeared in ‘That Darn Cat’; ‘Blackbeard’s Ghost’; ‘The Ugly Dachshund’, and ‘The Million Dollar Duck’, among many others…

R.I.P. DEAN JONES

R.I.P DEAN JONES

‘Well…darn that cat!!!’…I’ve just realised that I made a simple mistake with my original post re: Dean Jones.

'HERBIE’s car no. is actually ‘53’…and not ‘73’…sorry for the mistake. It helps to get things right!

Thanks Sergio, R.I.P.

Sergio Ciani.

Italian director, screenwriter Mario Caino died in Rome, in his sleep on September 20th. He was 82. Caiano was born in Rome on February 13, 1933 and was the son of producer Carlo Caiano. Caiano directed and wrote screenplays for 11 Euro-westerns such as “Bullets Don’t Argue” (1964) which will forever be linked with the success of Sergio Leone’s “Fistful of Dollars”, “The Sign of Zorro (1962), “A Coffin for the Sheriff” (1965), “Ringo, the Face of Revenge” (1966), “A Train for Durango” (1967) and “Shangai Joe”. Caiano used such aliases as Allen Grünewald, William Hawkins, Nick Jordan and Mike Perkins. He was most active in the 1960s and ‘70s in peplum, westerns, police and adventure films.

Mr. Caino, thanks for the films.

R.I.P

Sad news, Fighting Fists of Shanghai Joe is one of my favorites.

British director John Guillermin, who directed such big budget films as Towering Inferno and King Kong died at his Los Angeles, California home on September 27th. He was 89. Born in London on November 11, 1925, Guillermin directed El Condor with Lee Van Cleef and Jim Brown.

R.I.P. JOHN GUILLERMIN, Film Director, aged 89.

Saddened to hear of this…

John Guillermin made two of my all-time favourites: ‘The Towering Inferno’, which was a huge success at our local cinema, in 1974; and the First World War actioner, ‘The Blue Max’, starring George Peppard.

As well as these, he directed ‘Death on the Nile’; ‘El Condor’ (Lee Van Cleef); ‘Bridge at Remagen’; ‘Tarzan’s Greatest Adventure’; ‘Guns at Batasi’; ‘King Kong’ (1976); and the classic ‘I Was Monty’s Double’.

R.I.P. John Guillermin.

Tien Feng R.I.P.

RIP Yilmaz Koksal