R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

R.I.P…what a shame.

It’s weird how Nimoy’s portrayal of Spock has became a part of the popular culture. Even if you had not ever seen a episode of Star Trek you’ll probably know Mr. Spock. I’m not sure if I have ever seen Nimoy in anything else than Star Trek, and it’s been something like 10 years when I saw those last time.

Just some thoughts… R.I.P.

Absolutely. You might even go as far as to say he was born to play that part. He’s permanently ingrained in the consciousness of western civilization and beyond.

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:982, topic:1512”]It’s weird how Nimoy’s portrayal of Spock has became a part of the popular culture. Even if you had not ever seen a episode of Star Trek you’ll probably know Mr. Spock. I’m not sure if I have ever seen Nimoy in anything else than Star Trek, and it’s been something like 10 years when I saw those last time.

Just some thoughts… R.I.P.[/quote]

True. I don’t think I ever saw a full episode of Star Trek, but I know Mr. Spock.

well, time for a TOS rewatch then, i guess, bluray edition this time

R.I.P. LEONARD NIMOY

A very sad loss of an iconic figure…a long life, and much sorrow for the many fans of ‘Star Trek’…

R.I.P. Leonard.

RIP

I was checking out his before ST credits, and notice he was in a lot of TV westerns, also funny he directed the US remake of 3 man and a bay, I didn’t even know he was a director.

[url]Photobucket | The safer way to store your photos

This is way more cool and very SW (never a great fan o Star Treck), the pic would give a great avatar

RIP Leonard Nimoy, even if he will be remembered for playing a specific character than for his actual acting ability.

He was also a great voice-over actor. Especially memorable is his hosting of the “In Search Of” series. That show got me interested in all kinds of paranormal stuff long before X-Files or Ancient Aliens was around. Lenny was also a fairly good singer (if you can ignore the “Ballad of Bilbo Baggins” stuff and pay more attention to his covers of classics like “I Walk the Line,” “Everybody’s Talkin’” and “If I Had a Hammer.”) His deep voice was a real defining quality of his personality and is something that Zachary Quinto just doesn’t have at all.

Stracult’s Marco Giusti posted on his Facebook page today that Italian producer, director, screenwriter Luciano Ercoli has died in Barcelona, Spain at the age of 84. Ercoli, born in Rome, Italy on October 19, 1929, produced the two Ringo films (1965) starring Giuliano Gemma. Among other films that he produced were the Euro-westerns “Long Days of Vengeance” (1967) again with Gemma and “The Ruthless Four” (1968) with Van Heflin, Gilbert Roland, George Hilton and Klaus Kinski. Ercoli was married to Spanish actress Nieves Navarro since 1972.

American actor Gregory Walcott, probably best remembered for his appearance in Ed Wood’s “Plan Nine from Outer Space” (1959) died at his home in Canoga Park, California of natural causes on March 20th. He was 87. Greg appeared in dozens of TV westerns in the 1950s, ‘60s and ‘70s. His lone Euro-western was as Bull Schmidt in Man of the East with Terence Hill in 1972. He also appeared with Clint Eastwood in several films including Joe Kidd.

Italian film actor Rik Battaglia died at his home in Corbola, Italy after a long illness. He was 88. Battaglia was born Caterino Bertaglia on February 18, 1927 in Corbola, Rovigo, Italy. He was a regular in films from 1955-1999. Rik appeared in the Karl May Films and then was a regular in Spaghetti westerns usually playing suave villains. Battaglia appeared in 23 Euro-westerns from “Shatterhand” (1963) to “Buck at the Edge of Heaven” in 1991.

R.I.P dude.

Likable character actor for sure. Remember the first time i’ve seen him in a film the Swashbuckler The Lion of St. Mark.
R.I.P. Rik.

R.I.P to both Gregory and Rik…cheers, amigos, for the silver screen memories…

[quote=“Tom B., post:992, topic:1512”]

American actor Gregory Walcott, probably best remembered for his appearance in Ed Wood’s “Plan Nine from Outer Space” (1959) died at his home in Canoga Park, California of natural causes on March 20th. He was 87. Greg appeared in dozens of TV westerns in the 1950s, ‘60s and ‘70s. His lone Euro-western was as Bull Schmidt in Man of the East with Terence Hill in 1972. He also appeared with Clint Eastwood in several films including Joe Kidd.[/quote]

I think he’s better remembered as Gene Hackman’s brother; Weenie, in Prime Cut.

R.I.P., Greg

Norwegian actor Fred Robsahm died at his Lillesand home on March 26th. He was 71. Born Frederick Otto Robsahm on June 29, 1943 in Lillesand, Aust-Agder, Norway he was the younger brother of actress Margarete Robsahm [1942- ]. Fred was famous for his role in Barbarella (1968) with Jane Fonda and John Philip Law. He went on to make only 12 films, among which were four Euro-westerns: “Bandidos” (1967), “No Room to Die” (1969) and “Black Killer” (1971), “Carambola” (1973). He was married for fifteen years to Italian actress Agostina Belli [1947- ]. In the late 1980s Fred was arrested as a passenger on a boat carrying drugs. While in prison he contacted the HIV virus from a needle used to sedate the prisoners. The drugs he took to fight the HIV virus caused many side effects so he left the world he knew and bought a sailboat and started to sail the world. In 1992 he started drinking heavily and developed liver failure. For years he lived in an apartment in Lillesand on a disability pension.

This is a sad start to the week. RIP Fred, he had a tough life, but at least he’s at peace now.
RIP to Rik and Gregory too, both great actors as well, with some brilliant roles for them.

Manoel De Oliveira, the most known of all Portuguese directors died today at the age of 106.
Yes whem he was born we still had a king, Oliveira was the only living director that made the transitiom from mute cinema to soud.

Apart from that, his films weren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but he only made the cinema he wanted to do. I have two clear favourites Aniki Bobo with it’s neorealistic vision, and Vale Abrão a real visual feast made for the big screen.

Well Descanse em Paz Mr Oliveira