R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

Bloody hell was not expecting Chyna to be on here. RIP

And Guy Hamilton too, this is sad day. RIP Guy.

Prince found dead now too. He was 57.

RIP

Seems to be alot of stars dying !

Victoria Wood yesterday too of course, although I’m unsure how well-known she might’ve been outside the UK. Big star here though, obviously.

The Grim Reaper has gone celeb-hunting in earnest this year. :cry:

2016 is not a good year to be an Iconic Actor/Director/Comedian/Musician/Wrestler :tired_face:

Italian supporting actor Ugo Adinolfi died in his sleep in Rome on April 26th. He was 73. His son Mario reported his father’s passing on Facebook. Ugo was born in Milan, Lombardy, Italy on April 1, 1943. He moved to Rome where he graduated from the Experimental Centre of Cinematography and became an actor in over 60 films of which eighteen were westerns. In the early 1970s he left the business to devote time to his family. Most of the films he appeared in he had small parts and he was cast mainly for tax purposes. Among his films were “Killer Kid”, “The Moment to Kill”, “The Wild and the Dirty” (all 1967), “Gatling Gun”, “Kill Them All and Come Back Alive”, “The Mercenary”, “Sartana” (all 1968), “A Man Called Apocalypse Joe” (1970) and “Drummer of Vengeance” (1971). His son is journalist and politician Mario Adinolfi.

Cinematographer Franco di Giacomo is reported to having passed away April 30th. RIP

R.I.P. BURT KWOUK
Born: July 18, 1930 in Warrington, Cheshire, England, UK
Died: May 24, 2016 (age 85)

Burt Kwouk, who was probably best known for playing Inspector Clouseau’s manservant, Cato, in the Pink Panther films, has died aged 85.
He also appeared as ‘Mr. Ling’ in the Bond film, 'Goldfinger; had a brief rold in another Bond, ‘You Only live Twice’; and - among many other notable TV and film screen appearances - had roles in ‘Last of the Summer Wine’; ‘The Brides of Fu Manchu’; ‘The Avengers’; ‘Danger Man’; ‘The Saint’; ‘Callan’; 'Rollerball (1975); and ‘It Ain’t Half Hot, Mum’.
Perhaps, one of his most distinguished roles, was that of ‘Major Yamauchi’, in the BBC adaption of ‘Tenko’.

R.I.P. Burt Kwouk.

R.I.P. Interesting he was from Warrington, not to far from me.

I was very sad to hear this. Kwouk was the go to guy in every British TV show and film of the 50s 60s and 70s when they needed any Chinese, Japanese or random Asian face. He must have been in every other episode of the Saint I think, In those days there were a few actors like that who got cast in everything where a particular nationality or ‘type’ was required. Andre Marane (also in the Pink Panther films like Kwouk) played every Frenchman over the same period and Marne Maitland was every swarthy complexioned general Johnny foreigner. All sadly gone now.

RIP Sieghardt Rupp

It has only now become known that the film, TV and theater star Sieghardt Rupp died in July 2015 aged 84 years. Sieghardt Rupp was born on June 14, 1931 in Bregenz. He studies at the University of World Trade in Vienna (today a business university), the son of a school principal he soon and moved to the Max Reinhardt Seminar. At first he was a stage actor before becoming a film actor appearing as Tommy Rupp. His first western role was as Fernando in “The Last Ride to Santa Cruz (1963) and then became internationally known for his role as Esteban Rojo in “A Fistful of Dollars”. He would go on to appear in a total of seven westerns including “Frontier Hellcat” (1964), “The Man Called Gringo” “Who Killed Johnny R.? (both 1965) and “Blood at Sundown” 1966. In the mid-1990s he withdrew from acting and lived a secluded life in Vienna, Austria where he died on July 20, 2015.

Although I live in Vienna, I had to read the sad, well, news here. Reportedly, it was Rupp’s express wish that the media should not learn of his death. The Filmarchiv Austria will show fourteen movies in memoriam Sieghardt Rupp next month.

R.I.P. Sieghardt Rupp

A very sad loss…he was at his sneering best in the part of Esteban Rojo, in ‘Fistful of Dollars’; and also played memorable roles in the Pierre Brice/Stewart Granger film, ‘Amongst Vultures’; and the excellent ‘Blood at Sundown’.

R.I.P. Sieghardt…

I just read that as well

Apparently he made his social worker promise to tell no-one about his passing. RIP Siggi

RIP Marina Malfatti

Italian stage, screen and TV actress Marina Malfatti died at the Hospital Sant’Andrea in Rome June 8th. She was 83. Born in Florence on April 25, 1933, at 17 she enrolled in Paris at Cours d’Art Dramatique, school of acting founded by René Simon. Two years later, on her return to Italy, she obtained a scholarship for the experimental center of cinematography and debuted in the cinema at first in small roles. She was then discovered by director Arnold Foa for the stage which hence began a rewarding career in dramatic roles. Marina was the widow of ambassador Umberto La Rocca. Marina appeared in two Euro-westerns: Savage Guns (both 1971), The Return of Clint the Stranger (1972).

I haven’t checked yet Son of Zorro (in which her name does not appear in the credits) because of terrible image quality, for the rest she’s only in The Return of Clint the Stranger.

R.I.P. Marina

RIP Dick Palmer (Mimmo Palmara)

Dick Palmer aka Mimmo Palmara (Domenico Palmara) has died. He was 87. Born in Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy on July 25, 1928, he was one of the great faces of the Italian Peplums and Spaghetti Westerns. Plamara usually played villains and was an excellent horseman. He doubled Steve Reeves in several sword and sandal films after Steve injured his shoulder. Because of his size he was easily cast as a protagonist opposite the large American actors. As Dick Palmer he was seen in 17 Euro-westerns among which were “Bullets Don’t Argue” (1964), “Johnny West” (1965), “The Handsome, the Ugly, the Stupid”, "Shotgun (both 1967), “Black Jack” (1968), “A Long Ride from Hell” (1968), “The Deserter” “Panhandle Calibre .38” (both 1971).

1 Like

A very, very sad day. I always like Mimmo Palmara. He will be missed RIP :cry:.

Thanks Mimmo, you were one of the best. R.I.P!

Liked the actor, R.I.P