R.I.P. Legends Lost but Remembered

R.I.P. José.

Sad news indeed. One of the great familiar faces.

Rick Horn was born Richard S. Hornbeck was born in New York City on April 4, 1937. Sutton Place South, New York City, New York, U.S.A. Son of Paul H. Hornbeck 1905, Olga Hornbeck 1911, brother of Danuel P. Hornbeck 1934. He graduated in 1958 from Columbia University with a Master’s Degree in Art. He acted on television and in Italy under the alias Rick Horn. Rick married Rosaria while in Italy and became a chiropractor in returning with her to open a practice in El Segundo, California they then moved to Seneca, South Carolina where Rick continued his practice. He developed Spinal Stenosis and the couple decided to move to the hill country of Texas and a warmer drier climate. One week after their arrival Rick died on Wednesday May 6, 2015 of congestive heart disease. Rick was 78 years-old.

Thanks for all the help from the other members and posters who helped us identify who Rick Horn and especially his wife Rosaria who we extend our deepest condolences to.

RIP BB King, one of my all time favourite Blues guitarist, has died at the age of 89: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32747861[/url]

Such power, such soul; just listen to this:
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i6BdmIiilo]B.B. King - Sweet Sixteen (Live in Kinshasa) - YouTube

R.I.P dude.

R.I.P. Alberto De Martino

RIP Alberto “Blazing Magnum” De Martino.

Italian director, screenwriter Alberto De Martino passed away today June 2nd in Rome. He would have been 86 in ten more days. De Martino directed five Euro-westerns: The Terrible Sheriff (1962), Charge of the 7th (1964), $100,000 for Ringo (1965), Django Shoots First (1966) and Another Try Eh Providence. He also wrote the screenplays for Charge of the 7th and Django Shoots First.

Spanish director, screenwriter and actor Florentino Soria died today June 2nd in Madrid. He was 98 years-old. Florentino co-wrote the screenplay for Sabata the Killer (1970) with Anthony Steffen and Peter Lee Lawrence.

R.I.P De Martino

RIP De Martino

Italian character actor Giacomo Furia died today in Rome, Italy. He was 90. Born Giacomo Matteo Furia in Rome on January 2, 1925 he got to know director Eduardo De Filippo during a summer job which led to his becoming an actor on stage, film, TV and radio. Furia was also a voice dubber and appeared in four Euro-westerns: The Dream of Zorro (1951) as Panchito, Vengeance Ranch (1965), And God Said to Cain (1969) as Juanito and Where the Bullets Fly (1972) as Gennarino.

French actor Pierre Brice, known to all western fans as Winnetou, died in a Paris hospital today June 6th of pneumonia. He was 86 years old. Brice was born Pierre Louis Baron de Bris on February 6, 1929 in Brest, Brittany, France, became famous in Germany as “Winnetou”. The novel hero of Karl May was the role of his life. In the 1960s he played him a total of eleven times. His first appearance was born in1962’s “Treasure of Silver Lake”. Ten million people saw the film in Germany alone. The film series ended in 1968. In his native France Brice was hardly known. The connection to Germany was tight, not only because of its many fans, his wife Hella comes from Bavaria.

Sad news!..R.I.P. Winnetou.

Sad to hear this.

R.I.P…one of the kindest Indian characters.

R.I.P. Pierre Brice.

Truly sad to hear of this…

Having bought and watched the ‘Winnetou’ / ‘Shatterhand’ films of bluray a few years ago, I thoroughly enjoyed them, and will watch them again as a fitting tribute to this great and very popular actor…

R.I.P. Pierre Brice.

R.I.P. RICHARD JOHNSON.

Richard Johnson, the distinguished the Stage and Screen actor - and producer - has died, aged 87.

Richard Keith Johnson was born at Upminster, Essex, on July 30 1927 and educated in England. He then trained for the stage at Rada.
He claimed to have started acting as a child, and then became a professional actor because it made him feel alive, and less aware of his “insufficiencies”.

Following his film debut in Never So Few (1959), (Steve McQueen, Frank Sinatra), Johnson made his biggest films with MGM, including Robert Wise’s classic ‘The Haunting’ (1963); Khartoum (1966), starring Laurence Olivier and Charlton Heston; and two Bulldog Drummond films.

In the early 1960s the director Terence Young had wanted Johnson to play James Bond in preference to Sean Connery. Johnson declined because he was under contract to MGM and did not relish the seven-year commitment. In later life he said that he thought Connery the wrong man for Bond, while praising him for making the part funny and thus leading to the enduring success of the films. Johnson certainly displayed Bond-like qualities in some of his film roles, notably when he played a modern-day Bulldog Drummond in Deadlier Than the Male (1963) and its less satisfactory sequel, Some Girls Do (1969).

The great man then went on to appear in such films as ‘Zombi Flesh Eaters’ (Lucio Fulci); the ‘Night Child’; Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001) and The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (2008). He also appeared in three episodes of the ever-popular ITV series, ‘Tales of the Unexpected’, and one episode of ‘Thriller’ - written and produced by the late, great Brian Clemens (The Professionals, Avengers).

R.I.P Richard Johnson, born July 30 1927, died June 6 2015.

I must confess that the name puzzled me a little, but it’s a face everybody knows …

R.I.P. Mr. Johnson

Thank-you Scherpschutter, for adding the pic. of Richard Johnson…much appreciated.