Quentin Tarantino fans

I’d love to see horror movie from Tarantino, maybe he could bring something new to the genre.

I can’t believe he hasn’t already made a horror film, really

Whatever it is, I hope it’s better than DEATH PROOF. I’ve come to enjoy that film over repeated viewing, but boy did I dislike it when I went to the theater.

Here we are! Some info on The Hateful Eight, the (rumored) title of QT’s next western!

From what little bit we have gathered, I’m excited. I know QT will be able to deliver on this front!

I’ve just found this interview in which Tarantino says he hates John Ford.

He also suggests that one of the main motivations for Django Unchained was his obsession with The Birth of a Nation.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/history/2012/12/django_unchained_trilogy_and_more_tarantino_talks_to_gates.4.html

Heh heh.

I’m not even gonna… This shit makes me so fucking pissed. I was actually looking forward to a decent western coming out in the next couple years but nope.

Bummer… being a bit of a baby, isn’t he though?

I don’t know, he gave something to half a dozen people that he respected and wanted to work with, and it was only for them and then one of them betrayed his trust. That has to hurt.

I’m sure, but there are ways to deal with such a problem other than calling the film off, which is really just a power-play…

But it’s his ‘baby’!

I always love it when film makers say that. And apparently mean it too.

He may even make a film about him ‘spitting out his own dummy’ now :smiley: . It may be his longest film yet.

You just can’t get excited about anything Tarantino announces until it’s well into principal photography as far as I’m concerned. As I posted before, I’m still waiting on Kill Bill 3, the as-yet-untitled Vega Brothers Pulp/Reservoir prequel, that Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill! remake, et cetera. I guess The Hateful Eight can just go on the pile. I think he’s just really impulsive, and was probably loving the idea for awhile, and now some other idea has got his interest, that’s all.

Ah well.

You just can't get excited about anything Tarantino announces until it's well into principal photography as far as I'm concerned.

That’s very true.

At least QT says he wants to publish the screenplay. That’s something.

I can’t imagine why anyone would read a screenplay, unless it’s job related.

I dig reading screenplays.

Damn…I was looking forward to seeing “the hateful eight”. Tarantino sounds really pissed off in that interview.

Same here… I love reading books but have never been interested in reading a screenplay. If he never ends up making the film, I wouldn’t read it

Here’s a taster of what we’ll be missing:

The script is an ensemble Western with obvious parts for Madsen and Dern, as well as Tarantino stalwarts like Samuel L. Jackson and Christoph Waltz. Jackson and Madsen would likely both play bounty hunters returning human plunder to a town called Red Rock in exchange for hefty rewards. Their characters, a former major in the Union army and a man named John Ruth, dominate the first two of the script’s five chapters.

They run into a Southerner named Chris Mannix on the road, and three of them, along with their driver — a living prisoner and three dead bounties strapped to the roof — arrive at a haberdashery to take shelter from an oncoming blizzard. Yet the proprietors, Minnie, Sweet Dave and her other colleagues, are nowhere to be found. In their place are four men, a Southern general (likely Dern), an alleged hangman, a Frenchman named Bob and a cowboy named Joe Gage.

Mistrust, coffee and violence ensue.