[Project] Comprehensive VHS releases info

I’m happy to contribute in any way I can aswell. However neither do I have a scanner though.

It would be extremely time consuming to compile full lists of all the old Ex-rental label SW releases, but some labels have already been covered partially and it would be a great start to make those complete. Like Key Video, VTC, Videoscreen, Sunrise, VFP etc.

Another suggestion is to create a category for VHS titles that still doesn’t have a DVD or Blu-Ray release. Many titles were released on small labels that maybe only released two or three SW titles, and all of those oddities could fit into this, rather than creating a page for such a small label.

1 Like

For some reason that person changed the formatting, as well as deleting info (aspect ratio, label info) to make it look like this
https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Jesse_%26_Lester_-_Due_fratelli_in_un_posto_chiamato_Trinità/VHS_releases

He then proceeded to do this to dozens of vhs pages. I did mention this back then, as a lot of info was lost this way.

hm, I wonder where this information was before… because in the version history of that page I can only see that I created the sub page that way, but since I hardly know this info, it must have come from some other source :confused: damn…

You changed the name of that one. You need to check the history of the redirect of that one. :slight_smile:

I think I remember what BL is referring to, it happened like 10 or 11 years ago :thinking:

Here’s three Key Video releases that’s missing.

One more to Hell, Duel in the eclipse and Gunman of 100 Crosses

1 Like

added these

I know this guy. He collects Portuguese released VHS.
Here’s an example.

2 Likes

At this moment there is 1 release added for Face to Face, but it is a Betamax. What should we do with it? It’s not a VHS. In my opinion it should not be in VHS section.
Maybe create a Betamax category, only when there is a release added in the database?

Good question. How many cases of Betamax are there in total in the spaghetti western world? I have no clue, what are we talking about here, 5, 50, 200?

I searched on internet for some time. Finally found the tape. It turns out to be a VHS. So the info was wrong. I will change it soon. Problem solved for now!
I couldn’t find much SW Betamax on internet. There are a few. Maybe not necessary to search and add these.

for some reason, if I search the SWDb for “betamax” I get only three results. I think that it will be more however, as the SWDb search is really bad at searching into bullet points, and we do have a lot of info that is in bullet points… if we do find a few more cases, feel free to create a betamax category

Lol. There were probably at least 50 spaghettis released on betamax in Denmark alone and 100-150+ on VHS but probably most existing on Betamax or Video 2000 also exists om VHS. But why differentiate at all? It’s all video tapes.

it’s just that we called the category “VHS” and not “tape” :slight_smile: but I also think it’s no big deal

1 Like

Here’s a few more.

Shotgun (Pallas Film, Sweden)

The Federal Man (Rex, Greece)

Turn…I’ll Kill Your! (Cronos Video, Greece)

Pokerface (Kino, Denmark)

Go With God Gringo (Impact Video, South Africa. Letterboxed)

1 Like

DVS (Denmark, Norway, Sweden)

logodvs

1 Like

All of them has English audio

Would you like an account for the SWDb? :slight_smile: in the meantime @Meceita or someone else or myself can upload these, thanks for contributing!

1 Like

done with those

2 Likes

So much misappropriated artwork ! … but great to see these covers - Cheers

:smile:

2 Likes

Yes! I have certainly learned the hard way when it comes to finding rare titles on VHS. Once I bought a tape with the cover artwork to Ehi amigo… sei morto!. I was excited to see it but when I popped it in it turned out to be Saranda with Dean Read… It’s a real mish mash of titles and artwork sometimes.

Sure, my intention is to post more releases and specs aswell so sure an account seems appropriate :+1:

2 Likes