Planet Spaghetti Western

Not so sure about the future of the Planet. The effort to get a blog up and going would be okay if we had more authors from around the world willing to publish there. We dont. It would be nice to have an open blog for spaghetti western enthusiasts from anywhere to post there (that was the idea), but at the same time, if there is no demand for that, I might as well save myself the trouble, close it down and put the content that is already there into the main SWDB or some sections of the forum.
Thoughts?

What I wrote in August, still pretty much counts. I get an article here and there, but for the most part, that’s not something we couldn’t publish elsewhere. And as this forum’s technical prowess is so much greater than before, between this forum and the SWDb proper, maybe there really is no need for a separate blog?

@Djangoisme @scherpschutter what are your thoughts?

I was thinking about writing an article for The Planet (about the different
approach of Mexico - country and revolution - in the Zapata westerns and
American movies like Villa Rides and the wild Bunch), but that could be put
up in SWDB database as well

Yea as much as I really love working with wordpress, and having a wordpress blog, I am really not sure what the value of an extra channel for our case really is. I mean the biggest problem really is this: you can “subscribe” to a blog (RSS feed, etc), but it is hard to accomplish that with the Wiki…

So I will shut down the Planet. It was an experiment, and I failed at it. I guess we just concentrate on SWDb content, and we also have this forum here where we can also post news and smaller articles, etc.

I will transfer all relevant content into the SWDb soon and then shut it down.

In loving memory…

So we raise our glasses one more time… now shutting the Planet down. All relevant content has already been transferred back into the SWDb