Official 2015 relaunch

Not bad for the forumā€™s 10th anniversaryā€¦ Keep up the good work Seb!

thanks, amigo

Testing a new Main Page inspired by Peterā€™s layout for www.grindhousedatabase.com

See http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Test

What do you think?

I donā€™t knowā€¦ I like the art and graphics, but I also like with the current homepage that you see a chronological listing of all recent updates.

Agreed. I like the test layout and think itā€™s more attractive than the current main page layout so youā€™re moving in the right direction IMHO but I really feel that the most recent updates should have the most prominence and be the things that jump off the page immediately, even if itā€™s only the last 3 or 4 updates (with the most recent one of course being the big ā€œHeadlineā€ piece). Otherwise the site could appear at the first glance of a new reader to be little more than a shopping site, or a dead site.

would switching the three columns and the big Sledge special be closer to that?

I like the idea of splitting the things up in three columns, so for example articles and specials in column 1 remain there longer and dont drown in reviews (column 3) and u can see on one glance what the latest flix re that cam out (colunn2)

I think so, yes.

Iā€™m with that

Looks good to me.

Ok then I will just make some more small and cosmetic fixes and implement it later. I think itā€™s a step up in terms of accessibility

I think if anything put in some sort of background from the white. Perhaps a tan or light brown colored one. I find the stark white off-putting :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ll try, but tanning stuff is extremely hardā€¦ without making it look more 90s-ishā€¦ :wink:

Hahaha! Well, I find the less clutter to be a good thing, there just seems to be a lot of unused space thatā€™s very open and glaring on the sides and top in the current design. The revamped design in the mold of the GCDB does capitalize on this and is a nice improvement. Iā€™d say in regards to the three columns make a set amount of entries per column so there isnā€™t that awkward bit of space below the first two. Also, perhaps a way to sling the SWDB logo up into the top left corner instead of the boring olā€™ ā€œMain Pageā€? ;D In regards to the Sledge piece, Iā€™d also say put it up top like the GCDB, see how that looks.

I have no idea what you mean by that

I mean, instead of having the tiny logo in the toolbar, put it up in the top left corner, much larger, instead of the ā€˜Main Pageā€™ header bit

thatā€™s not possible, the Main Page changes to whatever page title, depending on which page you are at. what I do think is, that we need a better logo up there in the cornerā€¦ the IMDb does a better job with that :wink:

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: New forum layout

I really like what the latest update did for Recent Changes. For a major article, instead of seeing a page full of edits, we now see a one line expandable edit. Good job Seb!

Hehe hadnā€™t even noticed, never used that. Youā€™re right :smile: