New Forum Layout [Feedback and Questions]

Hi @stanton is it because it is ā€œlots of whiteā€, or are specific layout aspects unpractical for you? Just to make sure, can you please send me a screenshot so I know the new forum is definitely displaying correctly on your browser?

Another thing I am still doing however, is looking at other forums that use this software to see if there are certain design choice made that we could adoptā€¦

As I said somewhere else on the forum, aged hombres like me donā€™t usually like change; but, the changes here seem good to me.
I like the less cluttered look of the forum and it seems very easy to navigate, so far.
Nicely done, amigo(s)!

** As I also said in one of my previous two posts made todayā€¦
Thanks to the ease of tracking previous posts provided by this new layout, I discovered that I hadnā€™t posted anything since March of 2013ā€“until today!**

For an aged hombre such as myself, change isnā€™t always a good thing. But, I like the changes to this forum pretty well!
It looks nice and is proving to be easy to get around on (or in).
Bravo!

And I just realized that the above is my first post to this forum since March 2013!! :smile:

1 Like

I think that means you deserve a warm welcome back Chris! Your presence has been missed round these parts!

Nice to see you post Chris !

What made you log in out of curiosity then ? :smile:

Hello, Ennioo!
Curiosity is the main reason I logged back in, I suppose.
Sebastian had been posting about the changes for awhile and I thought I should check out what he had been up to.
:wink:

1 Like

I am awake nights working my ass off to not have the very same ass handed to me by El Casey :slight_smile: I hope I did a fairly good jobā€¦

How could I possibly hand you your ass if you have worked it off, amigo?
Ha ha!
You have done fine work, sir!
Many thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks, @John_Welles !
I appreciate the kind words, amigo.

And what about giving the post a certain color, ceslestial blue (like the welcome text) or grey (like my name in you answer ?

Possible, but blue would be too much and it does not fit the theme of the website so well, and if we do it gray, weā€™d have to change all other things on the page to something to add contrast, such as all the lines, all the tools, links, symbols, etcā€¦ which are currently grey. Just saying itā€™s complex :wink:

All my personal messages disappeared.

I am inquiring. Good question indeed. Now just to clarify: nothing is lost, thereā€™s backups of everything. But I will try to find out if the messages can be importedā€¦

Yea, what about the Christmas avatar? Will she be just a speck in the distance or just a round slice somewhere on her backside. :smile:

For Chrisssakes how can we lose Phil? Maybe he can come back as Hagar the Horrible or something :smile: At least we still have Ennioo! and good to see Chris!

1 Like

The new format is unnecessarily complicated. A steep hill to climb. I donā€™t use Facebook nor smart phone mail so all the extra features are wasted on me.

God, yes, yes, Christmas will be really fucked up if this isnā€™t changed until then. How am I supposed to enjoy these days with this tiny avatar? It wonā€™t work, it really wonā€™t work ā€¦ now I have a big turn of the year problem ā€¦

Hi Richard. Weā€™re here to help. I am sure once you get the hang of it youā€™ll like it. The new software does a lot of things differently, but itā€™s not as complicated in fact, a lot of functionality is out of your way if you donā€™t use it, and most things are kinda intuitive. I will post some more tutorials, have you read a few of the items in the welcome topic already?

Is somewhere a field/window, where i can see who is present right now in forum (i canā€™t find it) - like it was visible at the bottom in the old version

When iā€™m on main forum page, i can just scroll down and it just never ends. Imo, thatā€™s not very good idea to find things.