Need database help

u download them, and then upload them to the swdb, unless they are copyrighted. then dont.

How do you do the actual uploading onto the SWDB?

first step is going to ā€œupload a fileā€ from the main menu, which brings you here: Login required - The Spaghetti Western Database

then you upload it.

then all u need is the filename, and on any point in the database, use [[File:filename.png]] for example to include the file

Thanks! I think Iā€™ve got the hang of it now!

sure let me know if u run into any problems

Use something like Image Shack, then the upload function on the MP

Iā€™d like to contribute to the SWDB but the Contact Us page does not seem to work. Can anyone help? Thanks!

• What would you like to contribute?

thanks for letting me know the contact page doesnt work.
I will work on fixing that!

Welcome on board and thanks for offering your help!

Thanks for the quick replies. Iā€™m particularly keen on SW music. Iā€™d like to contribute info and reviews if that is possible.

sure. i can set you up with an account for the main database. have u worked with a wiki before?

Thanks! I have indeed (Wikipedia and Discogs, eg).

If you need help, just give me a sign

Maybe Iā€™m going blind but Iā€™m having trouble seeing how to upload images to the DB since we changed over. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I think you click on ā€œmenuā€, then ā€œsettings (the little cogs symbol)ā€, then click on ā€œupload fileā€. Thereā€™s instructions from there.

Iā€™m not at my main pc, Iā€™m on my tablet which I can barely operate but, if youā€™re still stuck later by the time Iā€™m at my pc, Iā€™ll go through it and take a snapshot of each step. If I could remember without looking Iā€™d tell you but, alas, my brain is like a sieve.

1 Like

^^^^ Thatā€™s it!

Cheers both. I have it now

Iā€™m not sure if it belongs here, but anyway: Sometimes when I click on a link for Amazon.com, it takes me to Amazon.fr instead. For example, the following two links from the Run Man Run DVD page:

And I also have a question related to Run Man Run: The database says that the Western Triple Feature is region 0, but when I look it up on Amazon.com, thereā€™s an image of the back cover that clearly says region 1. Iā€™m interested in this DVD, but Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s region 0 or region 1.

There is some geo-location thing eith amazon.com hat tries to send you to where u are if the same product exists. We will probably deactivate that again.