Need database help

Iā€™ve just clicked on the links, the site appears for a moment and then is replaced by ā€œthis page cannot be foundā€.

I tried, and I can not edit these pages either. There must be something wrong with the database if we canā€™t all edit them.

ughā€¦ this is annoying :frowning:

Just thought I would chime in and say that I received the ā€œthis page cannot be foundā€ message, as well, when I tried to edit the pictures pages for MASSACRE TIME and THE HILLS RUN RED, this morning. I was able to hit refresh on the page for HILLS and the edit page came up OK. I was able complete the minor task I was attempting on that page; but, not the MASSACRE TIME page.

Donā€™t know if this info has any bearing on what everyone else is experiencing; but, I just thought I would share it, just the same.

My problem must have been a minor glitch. I have been able to update and edit pages without any problems, this evening.

it occurs when you want to create new pages

there is a bug spreading that makes it impossible for most of us (including me) to start new pages. i have no clue why and how to fix it. i have posted a support question somewhere andi hope to have an answer/solution soon.

can someone who can still create them set up the bluray subpage for Django that i linked to? thanks

works now

Any idea as to what the problem was and how it got resolved, Seb?
Just curious.

something in the database tables mightā€™ve been broken. i clicked ā€œrepairā€ and i guess that solved it. who knewā€¦

what ever happend to the person who started this tread?

good question. Djangaaaaaaaa

GOOD ONE! :slight_smile:

For some reason I canā€™t make a link to the Man with no name Database Page: if I copy the title, I get the message that the page doesnā€™t exist, but it does:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Man_with_no_name
This page existed already, but I added a lot of text to it

I canā€™t make the link here:

(Look at the bottom of the page, under further readings, the title page wonā€™t show in blue, and no link can be made)

Now the link works. I changed the n from ā€œnameā€ into a big N.

Donā€™t ask me why it works this way ā€¦

Neither do I (Chinese is easier)

please be aware that the database is case sensitive

I know, itā€™s even apostrophe sensitive etc. Thats why I always copy & paste titles; I did it this time, but it wouldnā€™t work. The title was written Man without a name on the article page. Still Name was required instead of name.

It seems sometimes the database has a mind of its own ā€¦

spooky