Need database help

I was wondering whether anyone knows of a way to measure the exact aspect ratio of a DVD.
I have noticed on some DVD info pages here & on ā€˜A Fistful Of DVDsā€™ that some people have put the aspect ratio of a film that - for example - states on the sleeve that it is 2.35:1, as actually being 2.40:1.
???

hm well you could measure it with a screenshot, or I guess some video editing programs tell you the aspect ratioā€¦

I found out that itā€™s worked out by dividing the width by the height.
Canā€™t believe I didnā€™t think of thatā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ve never understood it either ā€¦ until now youā€™ve said that.
Seems bloody obvious now :o - duh!!

[quote=ā€œMing, post:21, topic:81ā€]states on the sleeve that it is 2.35:1, as actually being 2.40:1.
???[/quote]

Hate it when DVD sleeves have incorrect information on them.

[quote=ā€œRomaine Fielding, post:20, topic:81ā€]Final cut? Donā€™t know how to make it shorter than this:

Confederate corporal John Warner deserts his army on the eve of battle . He has received word that his woman, the daughter of the powerful Don Pedro Sandoval, has given birth to a son but has fallen gravely ill. Sandoval had not allowed his daughter and Warner to marry. Warner must reach her to save her honor and more. Warner is captured as a deserter but escapes with two others. When they reach his home they find the border town stricken with cholera. Warner confronts Sandoval but finds that the woman has died before he could arrive. Each man blames the other for her death. Out of respect for his daughterā€™s memory Sandoval allows Warner to leave but banishes him along with the infant. The fear of cholera has spread and Warner can get no assistance for his newborn and it perishes. Warner undergoes a transformation from a simple and hopeful man to one who is driven and deranged in his pursuit of revenge. He assembles a gang of cutthroats that raid and pillage throughout. As Warner and Sandoval have their final showdown they fall into a pen holding a raging bull. Along with the bull, the fight becomes a three way confrontation that only two survive. The last act takes place with the surviving gang members at the center of a bull fighting corrida in the ultimate expression of the Spaghetti western motif of the circular duel as final confrontation. Containing a number of brutal scenes (including one in which a man is drowned in a bucket of milk) this film takes the revenge theme so common to Spaghettis to its fullest and darkest conclusions.[/quote]

My god, I missed all your posts here, Romaine!
And I promised you to give some feedback ā€¦
Iā€™m very sorry about this

Have already posted (or loaded up) some other synopses?

I canā€™t make a link to the film page of the following three films, from the film review of Pistoleros:

I Giorni dellā€™ira
Il Grande silenzio
Un Minuto per pregare, un istante per morire
(Iā€™ve checked the spelling a few times already)

Other links do work, so i donā€™t capisco

well, the day of angerā€™s site is ā€œGiorni dellā€™ira, Iā€ (just as you would alphabetically list the matrix as ā€œMatrix, Theā€), so the link would have to look that way, too. [[Gioni dellā€™ira, I|Day of Anger]] for example, the first part being the article title, the second what you would want it to look like

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:27, topic:81ā€]I canā€™t make a link to the film page of the following three films, from the film review of Pistoleros:

I Giorni dellā€™ira
Il Grande silenzio
Un Minuto per pregare, un istante per morire
(Iā€™ve checked the spelling a few times already)

Other links do work, so i donā€™t capisco[/quote]

If it helps, whenever I make links to pages I always open another tab with the page concerned on it. Then copy and paste from the title of that page. That way, I always know it is exactly as it should be. (Spelling, lower/upper case etc)

Good idea
I have done most film reviews now (except, as far as yours are concerned, Yankee and Provvidenza - still looking for good images)
I have figured out myself a lot of things (I think), but if I get in trouble, Iā€™ll let you know

I still have to do some translations so the whole section is English friendly

@ Sebastian, lode or any other expert

Can you tell me how to upload a review?
I have been uploading pictures and editing existing files, and thatā€™s no longer a problem

I have found ā€˜new pageā€™ - I suppose that is the right page - with the two bars, but i donā€™t know how to handle exactly

there are two easy ways how to create a new page:

1. type it into the address bar of your browser, example: http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Title_of_your_page

2. Search for it (type ā€œTitle of your pageā€ into the search bar), and then it gives you the option to ā€œcreate the pageā€.

then youā€™ll see an empty field (like posting here) and you just put your text in, format it, and then hit submit/save. voila. very easy, canā€™t break anything

Thanks

Iā€™ll be entering most of my reviews that are still in the forum in the database next week

The server problems are solved, now I have another one:

I cannot create a page ā€˜Gianni Garkoā€™

The following two options donā€™t work, both lead me to an existing page ā€˜Category:Gianni Garkoā€™ :

[quote=ā€œSebastian, post:32, topic:81ā€]there are two easy ways how to create a new page:

1. type it into the address bar of your browser, example: http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Title_of_your_page

2. Search for it (type ā€œTitle of your pageā€ into the search bar), and then it gives you the option to ā€œcreate the pageā€.

then youā€™ll see an empty field (like posting here) and you just put your text in, format it, and then hit submit/save.[/quote]

There some info ā€˜rederected from: Gianni Garkoā€™
I think that causes the problem, but anyway I donā€™t know how to solve it

What a day ā€¦

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:34, topic:81ā€]The server problems are solved, now I have another one:

I cannot create a page ā€˜Gianni Garkoā€™

The following two options donā€™t work, both lead me to an existing page ā€˜Category:Gianni Garkoā€™ :

There some info 'rederected from: Gianni Garkoā€™
I think that causes the problem, but anyway I donā€™t know how to solve it

What a day ā€¦[/quote]
Removed the redirection, now itā€™s an empty page and you can fill it with content

Just in case ā€¦ how did you remove it?

When you are redirected, a small text ā€˜redirected from [insert the page name]ā€™ appears behind the page title. Just use the link in that text and you will access the redirection page and be able to remove the ā€˜obstacleā€™

bingo :wink:

Sebastian, I tried tu opload an image and got this message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1660944385 bytes) in /var/www/web15/html/includes/Exif.php on line 300

Can you tell me whatā€™s up?

how big was your image?