Mutiny at Fort Sharp / Per un dollaro di gloria (Fernando Cerchio, 1966)

Has anybody seen this obscure spaghetti western.

i picked it up the other day but haven’t had chance to watch it yet, according to the imdb it’s more like an American western

Database page: Per un dollaro di gloria - The Spaghetti Western Database

p.s. does anybody know how i can add a poll to this new post as i am a bit confused :-\

I saw it on T.V on a late night screening, quite a few years back now.

I thought it was pretty standard stuff and just run of the mill really.

But knowing me if it was on T.V now, I would probably be watching it!

There should be an “ADD POLL” button on the top corner of this topic when you’re logged in. Most people use a 5 star rating system:-
Question: Rate this movie
5 stars
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star

You could also add a link (this forum topic to the SWDB page) on your original posting to :slight_smile:
https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Per_un_dollaro_di_gloria

1 Like

Hi, I´m curious about this one, love Crawaford´s westerns. Unfortunatelly knowing that´s an american style. Other half-spaghetti from Crawford is “The texan” with the actor Audie Murphy…
Anybody knows some information ?

Hi Yodlaf and Ennioo. Do you have it on dvd-r ? English audio, any subtitles ? I got a list full of westerns in general. If want to trade, send me an email rapha84@vivax.com.br

Best regards

[quote=“Raph_Alv, post:5, topic:556”]Hi Yodlaf and Ennioo. Do you have it on dvd-r ? English audio, any subtitles ? I got a list full of westerns in general. If want to trade, send me an email rapha84@vivax.com.br

Best regards[/quote]
I have a tape of it, i can do you a dvd-r of it when i get the chance because i have to find it

Ok no problems, if you want some other film for trade. :wink:
best regards

Sounds good to me :slight_smile:

This 1966 Spaghetti Western by Fernando Cericho is rarely talked about. Has anyone seen it ? What do you think about it ?

Thakfully I’ve seen a cut version of it. Broderick Crawford must have been really sauced to the gills when he made this mess. His acting makes Henry Silva’s performance in THE HILLS RUN RED look tame in comparison. Most of the supporting acotrs are unfamiliar to me, but they do an okay job with their roles. Since most of the action takes place within the fort it is a little claustrophobic and slow moving. More tension than action in this one. If you don’t expect much you’ll be okay with it but this is a bottom of the ladder edition to the genre.

Just viewed this one.

A group of French soldiers are on the run from Indians and end up at Fort Sharp initially as prisoners, but after helping out in an attack of the Fort, the French and U.S soldiers come to an agreement. Internal conflict between the group of soldiers soon begins, and eventually the colonel ( Broderick Crawford) of the fort begins to lose the plot…

I first viewed this one in the mid to late eighties, but have viewed this one twice now this year (in different versions) and like more on each viewing. There is some action in the film, but film is a drama most of the time and more like a U.S western. Broderick Crawford is a man obsessed with what he thinks is right, and will not listen to reason. I find characters like this interesting to watch.

saw this last night on dvd r ( thanks to stanton) and wasn’t expecting much, but i thought it was quite good. a different setting and story than usual for a SW and it was quite brutal and poignant in some places. the massacre of the families leaving the fort stuck out even though you only saw the aftermath.Broderick Crawford was good even though he seemed to old and too fat to be the commander, he was brutal at times but you also felt sorry for him at times as well.very watchable.

Crawford is absolutely terrible and must have been hitting the sauce the entire time. His Southern accent is incredibly bad and his acting is way over the top. This is one of those it’s so bad you have to see it films. The supporting crew consists of few if any familiar names or faces.

[quote=“Tom B., post:13, topic:556”]Crawford is absolutely terrible and must have been hitting the sauce the entire time. His Southern accent is incredibly bad and his acting is way over the top. This is one of those it’s so bad you have to see it films. The supporting crew consists of few if any familiar names or faces.[/quote]respect your opinon tom, but beg to differ on this. have seen a lot worse than this,ok he doesn’t make an effort for an accent but then again do any of the other actors who dubbed it?he may have been a little over the top in a " captain bligh" sort of way but i thought he was ok.would agree about not many familar names and faces though.

I like this one. There is alot worse than this one.

Boring, cheaply made and without any interesting ideas. I agree with Tom B. - Crawford looked drunk to me. 5/10

Not a bad film.

If we want to differ between Italian- and Italo (=Spaghetti) westerns, and I always will, this is an Italian western, as it has nothing in it which is typical for a SW. Well, apart from some familiar faces and landscapes.
But it’s not one of these cheap looking imitations of US westerns, instead it could have been done the same year in the US, in exactly the same way. It’s basically Indians versus Soldiers stuff, but with a few new twists on the tired plot. The story is not really predictable and for once the French soldiers are the heroes.

Not bad. 3/5

How many pure ‘Italian westerns’ are there, anybody counted?

Is Corbucci’s Minnesota Clay an ‘italian’ or a ‘spaghetti’ western?

Minnesota Clay is for the greater parts a SW.

An Italian western which has nearly no SW elements like Mutiny at Fort Sharp is the exception. At least I can’t remember another one at the moment.

Yes I also think Minnesota is a (surprisingly) spaghettiesque italian western

And it was made before Fistful, right?