Man and a Colt / Un hombre y un colt (Tulio Demicheli, 1967)

I havenā€™t seen this one but I think that the Hang 'Em High theme was a great inspiration for the composer: Hang 'Em High - YouTube

::slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œThe Man With a Name, post:20, topic:2426ā€]I havenā€™t seen this one but I think that the Hang 'Em High theme was a great inspiration for the composer: Hang 'Em High - YouTube

::)[/quote]

I think Hang 'em High was made after this one (the movies were released in 1968 and 1967 respectively)

The Americans ripped off the Italians! How about that?

I donā€™t hear that much similarities in music but Hang 'em High was obviously heavily influenced by italian westerns anyway.

Skip to 3:18 :

This is weird, thereā€™s completely different music here:

[quote=ā€œBill san Antonio, post:25, topic:2426ā€]This is weird, thereā€™s completely different music here:

Iā€™m really confused about this. On the other video, itā€™s basically the same theme as Hang 'Em High with a few changes. So, the question is, was it originally composed for Dakota Joe and Dominic Frontiere ripped it off or did they simply add the music to later dubbed versions of Dakota Joe?

[quote=ā€œBill san Antonio, post:25, topic:2426ā€]This is weird, thereā€™s completely different music here:

Not absolutely sure, but I guess this is the original score for the movie. The other link is so close to Frontiereā€™s music that it would be plagiarism.

By the way: thereā€™s a Brasilian voice when the musical theme is over. not sure what he says, but I guess they replaced the original score. A few minutes later we hear Morricone (triello) 7:35

That would be my guess.

I would go with that assumption for now, until proven otherwise. Besides, what does matter?..unless you have something against Americans.

Damn Gringos!

Damn right! :wink:

Thatā€™s most likely the case. I just thought itā€™d be funny since itā€™s normally Italian exploitation filmmakers ripping off American movies. But if this is the original soundtrack for Dakota Joe then Dominic Frontiere should be prosecuted.

Cannot think of one Dominic Frontiere score I like really.

Is there an English dub available?

Never come across one, only the subtitle version done by a fan.

I really want to watch this one. I would prefer an English dub but subs will do, I guess.

So I watched this movie on Amazon Prime last night and came to see what the posters here thought about it, and your post looked very familiar.

https://www.amazon.com/Man-Colt-Robert-Hundar/dp/B01MTLGAUH/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1483565278&sr=1-1&keywords=man+colt&linkCode=ll1&tag=spaghetti-western-20&linkId=d3ac8dda029dd359dce57de32b67ac7d

It looks like Amazon is using your post as a descrption for the film. Small world. (Continued in this topic)

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Amazon infringing SWDb copyright?

This movieā€™s page in our database was updated to the new layout. Please contribute to it.