Macaroni Western Bibles

Hey Sebastien,

Do you know what movies the two sets by YesAsia contain and if they have English subs/dubs? I’m sure they do, but both of the entire descriptions are in Asian. Thanks.

Not sure about those boxes. Maybe this page will help you a bit:

Thanks Bill, but I think my real question is are the titles listed under the 2007 Rereleases the ones that are included in the YesAsia box sets? The art work is different, and the release date is 2004 on YesAsia. Has anyone actually bought these two sets from YesAsia?

i guess we should look into that and update our database pages with those releases

I have the Sartana Spaghetti Western Bible set that was released around six years ago. The transfer is not great but I am happy to at least have all the films.

The Macaroni Western Bibles were the box sets released by SPO in Japan some years ago. They usually consisted of 3-4 spaghetti westerns in a nice box. They cost bundles of money :slight_smile:

I started optimizing the two Macaroni lists in the swdb. I will report back when I am done, and then we will likely need two things: better quality covers and more info on the specs and details

I have 3 of the sets so I can help with those

Feel free to fill in all the specs for those u have

@Phil_H I am through with the original ones here:

And my confusion was cleared by what we had in the intro text: some or maybe all of them were also released separately, and the separate ones may have had the regular keep case format covers.

I will now move on to quality assurance for the 2007 titles, but we may need more help e.g. vom @Alleluja and other hermanos in Japan to fill gaps and correct specs etc

The information is tangled like spaghetti. :worried:
I think it will take a lot of effort to fix everything.

First of all, Macaroni Western Bible is up to No.15.
“Lee Van Cleef Box”, “Giuliamo Gemma Box” (including “Arizona Colt”, “Fort Yuma Gold” and “Ben and Charlie”) and " Final Duel Box" are in the different series called Macaroni Western Collection.

Also, the descritiont “some titles were available for sale packaged individually in keep cases” is not correct.

All titles in the Macaroni Western Bible were sold in boxes and individually.
However, up to BOX 8, the shape and design of the jacket sold in the box and the jacket sold individually are different. The following image is for Box sale.

All images posted on the SWDB now are for individual sale.

After BOX 9, both have the same shape and design.

c1052847110.7

I will share information about other series at a later date.

2 Likes

That is super helpful, @Alleluja , thank you. I will work on fixing this information over the next few days, and then I will let you know and ask you to have another look :slight_smile: I think for example we could use help to surf the japanese parts of the internet to find better cover images of these :slight_smile:

Update: I am hard at work. It will take a few days but I think I understand it now. We have three collections: the bible (SPO), the collection (Sony) and the 2007/2009 re-releases of bible titles and others in remastered quality. I am using Amazon Japan to find better covers and untangle all the spaghetti. I will let you know when I am finished so you can check to see if is correct…

3 Likes

Still working like a madman on this :slight_smile:

Found this interesting listing that shows some details on the packaging

@Alleluja I am having trouble finding the cover/jackets for some boxes, and I find some on amazon but not sure which box they are?

Thanks to @Alleluja these are now clarified. We’re still working, also with the help of others like @Phil_H on fixing some specs, uploading higher res cover art and so on. I hope that for the beginning of next month we can announce what we did here, which is a major correction of mistakes in the SWDb :slight_smile:

1 Like

So to summarize we have:

1. Cleaned up, fixed and corrected and extended the overview of the original Macaroni Western Bible. We are still adding some individual images to the detail pages and we welcome higher resolution images of the covers designs if anyone has them.
  1. There is a new page now for Sony’s “Collection”, where we could still do with some more information, better cover images and a hint whether these were ever really released individually.
  1. The 2007-2010 re-releases of many titles from the original bible has also been cleaned up and corrected. We welcome quality checks, additions and corrections to these.

@Alleluja @garringo55 @jfgslo maybe you can have another look at allt he pages and let me know if there are still mistakes or omissions.

1 Like

@Admin
About “Macaroni Western Collection, I found the images of “Sugar Colt” and “Sledge”, so I’ve already replaced them.
I found the images of “Arizona Colt” and “The Grand Duel” too, but I don’t know how to add them to the page of “Macaroni Western Collection”. As I attached them, please update the page.

2 Likes

P.S.
All titles in “Macaroni Western Collection” were not release individually.

2 Likes

@Admin
Thank for adding the images.
As I can’t find the rest images for “Macaroni Western Collection on the internet, I scanned from my collection. As I attached them, please update the page.

4 Likes

thank you so much. And… japan has always had the best posters and cover designs I think :slight_smile:

2 Likes