Latest Contributions

Iā€™ve been adding a few links to DVD reviews from www.dvd-forum.at. It covers a largish number of German disks, and includes reasonably detailed descriptions of extras. More importantly, it has screenshots from the disks. Iā€™ve found it a useful resource for judging the quality of DVDs.

Iā€™ve put it on the DVD comparison pages (see for example Lunghi giorni della vendetta, I/DVD - The Spaghetti Western Database ). If anyone feels they should be somewhere else (or not linked to at all) then let me know and Iā€™ll be happy to change it!

I think itā€™s fine, however for space reasons should probably be in the line where it says ā€œreviews:ā€¦ā€

To launch the SPECIAL WITH NO NAME, Iā€™ve revised the Man with No Name page completely:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Man_with_no_Name

Still to come: an operative with no name, a samurai with no name, and a cowboy without a horse
And a lot more ā€¦

awesome

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:1423, topic:555ā€]To launch the SPECIAL WITH NO NAME, Iā€™ve revised the Man with No Name page completely:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Man_with_no_Name

Still to come: an operative with no name, a samurai with no name, and a cowboy without a horse
And a lot more ā€¦[/quote]

Very good Scherps.

But the opening sentence confuses meā€¦

ā€œThe Man with No Name, or simply No Name, is a character created for Sergio Leoneā€™s 1962 western movie A Fistful of Dollars (1964), which was an unofficial remake of Akira Kurosawaā€™s Yojimbo.ā€

1962 western?
I presume this is a typo. Or am I missing something?

[quote=ā€œPhil H, post:1425, topic:555ā€]Very good Scherps.

But the opening sentence confuses meā€¦

ā€œThe Man with No Name, or simply No Name, is a character created for Sergio Leoneā€™s 1962 western movie A Fistful of Dollars (1964), which was an unofficial remake of Akira Kurosawaā€™s Yojimbo.ā€

1962 western?
I presume this is a typo. Or am I missing something?[/quote]

No youā€™re right
I guess I changed the text and this ā€˜1962ā€™ is a relict of an older version
Iā€™ll remove it

Edit: Edited!

great stuff. so, because for some reason I think Iā€™ve totally missed it, are we starting this tomorrow? and what exactly is the concept for this special? i sort of screwed up on the last special because i was unable to put up the effort to get tony anthony properly on board (but we can always do that again some other time)ā€¦

Iā€™d say we start next week

Iā€™ll send you a PM with the material I have prepared for the Special
Iā€™m still working on a few things, and Dicfish still has some work to do on several documents

Well, not yet a ā€˜latest contributionā€™, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I finished the French translation for the Introduction! I promised to finish it quickly, but the project kinda took a backseat when I discover that the current session at school wasnā€™t going to be as easy as the two lasts. Sorry! I just need to correct a few things (even if itā€™s my native language, I make more mistakes in French than English, crazy!) and Iā€™ll try to post it in the database tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

cool, french is definitely a must!

This probably shouldnā€™t be in this thread, but anyway:
On pages like Navajo Joe ( http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php?title=Navajo_joe ), where the links in the side bar are given as [[/DVD|Available DVDs]] (as opposed to [[Navajo_joe/DVD|Available DVDs]] ), the links are show up in red, implying the page doesnā€™t exist. When you click on the links they work and go to the right place, but itā€™s a bit misleading.

Thatā€™s great, great news

Iā€™ll read, study the text carefully, weā€™ll find every little mistake
Looking forward to reading it

[quote=ā€œCommissioner, post:1431, topic:555ā€]This probably shouldnā€™t be in this thread, but anyway:
On pages like Navajo Joe ( http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php?title=Navajo_joe ), where the links in the side bar are given as [[/DVD|Available DVDs]] (as opposed to [[Navajo_joe/DVD|Available DVDs]] ), the links are show up in red, implying the page doesnā€™t exist. When you click on the links they work and go to the right place, but itā€™s a bit misleading.[/quote]

thatā€™s because itā€™s supposed to be Navajo Joe, not Navajo joeā€¦ donā€™t know where these bugs are coming from but of course ther is no Navajo joe/DVD page, thereā€™s only a Navajo Joe/DVD page

And it is done! The French translation for the introduction is done! There is a few things that Iā€™m not completely satisfied about and that I will probably go back and edit later, but for the moment thatā€™s it. If you see any mistakes (keep an eye out for le participe passĆ©, I can never remember the rules), just tell me!

Thatā€™s great, ME Kay

Unfortunately I have little or no time today, but Iā€™ll devote my attention to your text tomorrow
Take a deep breath, watch a spaghetti, youā€™ve earned it
Donā€™t worry about ā€˜le participe passĆ©ā€™, weā€™ll show the bastard whoā€™s boss here!

Aha, indeed!

Also, while I went back to edit some tiny details I forgot to check the ā€œThis is a minor editā€ box, what does this do? ???
And if I want to correct some stuff in the database (like when I looked for the French names I saw that a bunch of ā€œAlso known asā€ were slightly wrong), I can just do it, right? Maybe this sounds a little obvious, but this is the first time I edit stuff on a database, I donā€™t really know how it all works.

Yes, if you spot something wrong, donā€™t ask, just change it. Only if you are in doubt, itā€™s better to check by e.g. asking.

Ok, thanks!

the "minor editā€™ is VERY important for team workflow, as it indicates to others checking the ā€œrecent changesā€ that nothing major has been changed that needs to be looked atā€¦ so I personally encourage using that, same with the little field that lets you summarize what you changed, if you made major changes, e.g. when you added a whole chunk of text you could put "added a section called BOOBS AND LIQUOR "

Iā€™ll keep that in mind. Sorry for the small edits I made without checking the ā€œThis is a minor editā€ box.