Kill Them All and Come Back Alone / Ammazzali tutti e torna solo (Enzo G. Castellari, 1968)

Yes, a very interesting interview. I was hesitating to watch it fearing that it would be another boring one, but it turned out to be really great.

It is quite long for an interview as well, about 45 minutes. A lot of interesting stuff for Spag fans.

[quote=ā€œBill san Antonio, post:37, topic:997ā€]I canā€™t understand the popularity of this film. Am I the only one who thinkst this was crap?
Thereā€™s loads of action, action, action but like korano said thereā€™s no any suspense. I didnā€™t like the actors and even my favorite Frank Wolff is unimpressive in this one.[/quote]

Maybe crap would be overstating my sentiments but I do think the film is summed up nicely by Pacificadorā€™s (I think) genius review which simply said ā€˜Biff, Bang, Kabloeyā€™ (or somesuch). It has absolutely no depth whatsoever and although it was clearly never meant to be taken seriously I still like a bit of meat with my spaghetti. So Iā€™m afraid it falls into the same category for me as such films as W Django and Apocalypse Joe. Just a bit too brainless for me to really enjoy.

Kill Them All especially fails as an action film. Not to mention again where else it fails ā€¦

I was surprised about the Ken Wood interview. I assumed they lifted the one from the ROMULUS & REMUS disc and added subtitles, but was great to see this was seemingly their own work.

Haha, I think it fails as anything BUT an action film but, as an action film (mindless but constant activity), it does ok.

Boy, a lot of antipathy for this film out there in fandom. Itā€™s not like itā€™s Boot Hill or anythingā€¦
Heehee, just kidding amigo. :wink:

hee hee, Colizzi should have directed Kill Them All.
Maybe he wouldnā€™t have killed them all, but he would have killed them more stylish.

[quote=ā€œStanton, post:47, topic:997ā€]hee hee, Colizzi should have directed Kill Them All.
Maybe he wouldnā€™t have killed them all, but he would have killed them more stylish.[/quote]
Yeah, and more acrobatic.

Not necessarily, but they are still jumping enough around in Castellariā€™s version.

Dellā€™Aqua does that and i love it.

[quote=ā€œRomaine Fielding, post:46, topic:997ā€]Haha, I think it fails as anything BUT an action film but, as an action film (mindless but constant activity), it does ok.

Boy, a lot of antipathy for this film out there in fandom. Itā€™s not like itā€™s Boot Hill or anythingā€¦
Heehee, just kidding amigo. ;)[/quote]I thin the action is mostly too thrown in. I did find one place where it wasnā€™t. At the bridge in the beginning. Castellari directs the action with no intensity. Just a bunch of fools hopping around. If Corbucci directed it, he would have music flaring and Franco Nero going fuckinā€™ crazy. Wipinā€™ out every fool he sees. This is just one reason why I loveNero. He is GREAT in action sequences. He really goes all out. Grabbing people, pucnhing emā€™, grabbing huge machine guns and mowing down those guys. etc.

And yes, I know Nero was not in this one.

Wow, I just looked at the voting.
There IS some love for this one.

I have not seen yet, but just love the title.

I kind of like Castellariā€™s other action spectacle, 7 WINCHESTERS FOR A MASSACRE a little better than this one and I imagine that one doesnā€™t have much love here, either. :smiley:

Well it does from me :wink: One of my favourite soundtracks too. Not seen KTAACBA yet though, but reading about it i think iā€™d still prefer 7 Winchesters.

I love the score, too. I have a suite of it on a 2 disc compilation CD. KTAACBA follows much the same ground as WINCHESTERS in terms of lots of action.

I have it on a double cd with Killer Adios, and also an extended version on file (22 tracks). Well, sure iā€™ll get to Kill Them All eventually. Donā€™t know why but i find the thought of Chuck Connors in an SW a bit odd! Iā€™m sure he does a fine job thoughā€¦

Iā€™m sure some will disagree with me, but I didnā€™t care for Conners at all in this. Not that Iā€™ve ever seen him in a lot of things outside of THE RIFLEMAN and his scant excursions into the horror genre, but he just seemed a bit out of place here.

Hahaā€¦thatā€™s the same for meā€¦Rifleman and a few horrors. Maybe thatā€™s why i find it hard to picture him in an SW. Actually, i mainly remember him from the ā€œTin Can Alleyā€ tv adverts he did when i was a kid! :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow. I didnā€™t realize there was a single release for that title. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve heard of KILLER, ADIOS.