Kill Them All and Come Back Alone / Ammazzali tutti e torna solo (Enzo G. Castellari, 1968)

yeah, good end

I gave it 4 stars.

Not quite classic but a great actioner and one of Castellariā€™s best.

i bought this one yesterday
really good movie like the dirty dozen exept they kill each other in the end and only want the gold
did chuck conners played other spaghette westerns cause i find him a good player

Watched it twice today and i really really enjoyed it. Classic action-packed Castellari stuff with tons of explosions, fistfights, acrobatics etc. Chuck Connors was fine, my favorite member of the gang was Ken Wood though. 4/5

Connors is going with his gang to get the gold from the yankees. However, Wolff ordered him to kill the rest of the gang members and come back with the gold alone.

I really enjoyed this one, although the attack on the fort got old pretty fast, a bit of overkill so to speak. Enough chocolate already!!! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I have to agree, Wolff was disappointing in this. In fact I would say this was the least convincing role Iā€™ve seen him in to date. On the plus side I really liked the scenery and the cinematography was great. Overall a good action SW and one Iā€™ll watch again for sure.

Totally agree. This style of action and filmmaking is what Castellari excelled at, IMO. If you didnā€™t have different aspects to a film genre, it would be a pretty bland landscape. These ā€˜style over substanceā€™ movies have their place, too. I think I enjoy 7 WINCHESTERS FOR A MASSACRE just a slight bit more than this one. Chuck Conners didnā€™t do it for me here. I would have much rather seen somebody else in the lead.

Working within the parameters this style of film caters to, Iā€™d say itā€™s easily one of the most accomplished thanks to the ā€˜no fatā€™ direction of Castellari.

I was really impressed with this one. I watched it last night and it was better than I was expecting. Chuck Connors was very good in it as was genre regular Frank Wolff. I loved the US Civil War setting for it and the action was well executed. Itā€™s not a perfect movie but so few of this genre are ā€œperfectā€ itā€™s not worth destroying it or needlessly comparing it to Leone.

I think this a good one. Lots of action, twists, double-crossings! Naturally, there are plenty of films better than it, but itā€™s well worth the watch! Coming from Italian action master Castellari, itā€™s got to be good (ahem, but donā€™t think about Tedeum!)

This one seems to be getting viewed a lot lately.
I watched it again this morning (out sick from work).
As Castellari says in English in one of his interivews: "Action, action, action."
As noted above by others, this is a wild ride that you ought not to think too much about.
It is non-stop.
Very enjoyable!

It reminded me of a quote that I saw once by Anthony Mann regarding Spaghettis.
ā€œThe shoot-outs every five minutes reveal the directorā€™s fear that audiences get boredā€¦ā€

Heehee. No boredom here!

I love Ken Wood. I love the stunt he does, sliding down the rope from the bell tower. Awesome.
Did anybody also watch his interview? Excellent, IMO.

Yeah, Giovanni Cianfriglia was a cool character actor. He never seemed to hit it big, but I always enjoyed spotting him various genres. He played a lot of thugs in the Euro crime flicks. He had his biggest roles that Iā€™m aware of in the sword and sandal and adventure movies where he had a few starring roles and lead villain roles. He was about the best thing in HERCULES THE AVENGER and he was cool in the SUPERARGO moviesā€¦well, at least the second film, I havenā€™t seen the first one yet.

I think they mispell his name at the start of the interview on the disc.

[quote=ā€œAngel Face, post:31, topic:997ā€]Yeah, Giovanni Cianfriglia was a cool character actor. He never seemed to hit it big, but I always enjoyed spotting him various genres. He played a lot of thugs in the Euro crime flicks. He had his biggest roles that Iā€™m aware of in the sword and sandal and adventure movies where he had a few starring roles and lead villain roles. He was about the best thing in HERCULES THE AVENGER and he was cool in the SUPERARGO moviesā€¦well, at least the second film, I havenā€™t seen the first one yet.

I think they mispell his name at the start of the interview on the disc.[/quote]

Iā€™ve never seen the Super Argo films. They look interesting, if for no other reason, that Ken Wood stars.
In the interview on the Kill Them All disc, he talks about his stunt work.
He talks about a particular stunt he did in Sabata (getting shot off of a balconey at the Villa Mussolini).
I went back and looked at it. It WAS impressive. He seems slighly bitter in his interview but he was a very physically talented guy.
Yeah, I think they called him GianFranco Cianfriglia, or something like that.

[quote=ā€œRomaine Fielding, post:32, topic:997ā€]Iā€™ve never seen the Super Argo films. They look interesting, if for no other reason, that Ken Wood stars.
In the interview on the Kill Them All disc, he talks about his stunt work.
He talks about a particular stunt he did in Sabata (getting shot off of a balconey at the Villa Mussolini).
I went back and looked at it. It WAS impressive. He seems slighly bitter in his interview but he was a very physically talented guy.
Yeah, I think they called him GianFranco Cianfriglia, or something like that.[/quote]

I think Aldo Sambrell plays his Arabic partner in the films, at least in the second one. I remember seeing it when I was a kid on tv, the second one. I only know of two. He also has a ā€œblink-and-youā€™ll-miss-himā€ walk on in ROMULUS & REMUS.

Guy Madison is one of the Superargo films. They are like watching an Italian version of Santo, the Mexican wrestler, film series. Ugh!

Heā€™s in the second movie, I think. I like the B/W Santo movies better than the color ones.

Not enough storyin this one and the continuity is lacking. So is the suspense. One minute were in a tavern, the next minute were attacking a fortress! I suppose Iā€™d call it un involving.

I canā€™t understand the popularity of this film. Am I the only one who thinkst this was crap?
Thereā€™s loads of action, action, action but like korano said thereā€™s no any suspense. I didnā€™t like the actors and even my favorite Frank Wolff is unimpressive in this one.

[quote=ā€œBill san Antonio, post:37, topic:997ā€]I canā€™t understand the popularity of this film. Am I the only one who thinkst this was crap?
Thereā€™s loads of action, action, action but like korano said thereā€™s no any suspense. I didnā€™t like the actors and even my favorite Frank Wolff is unimpressive in this one.[/quote]

I guess Castellari never intended this to be a suspenseful film. It works very well within the parameters of a typical action film. It doesnā€™t pretend to be anything else other than that. Castellari did a lot of movies like this, as you know.

[quote=ā€œAngel Face, post:38, topic:997ā€]Castellari did a lot of movies like this, as you know.[/quote]yeah, I know and I like some of them, Inglorious Bastards is hilarious film for example. For some reason I just canā€™t get into this one.

Yeah, unlike Inglorious Bastards, it is hard to care very much about the characters in Kill Them All.
This movie, as said above by several folk, all action. It has only a skeleton of a plot (on whcih to hang the action scences) and no character development. I donā€™t dislke this one (ā€˜cause I donā€™t expect much) but it ainā€™t goinā€™ in my top 20 (or anywhere near).
I know I prattle on about character actors etc but the interview with Ken Wood on this disc makes it, too me, worth the price. And there are some great stunts to see in the film itself.