I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

Lets hope so, as Amazon just sent me the incorrect film out.

That’s a pain. Incidentally yesterday I received a package from amazon.co.uk missing two movies. First time that happened. Have been sent a couple of wrong items, but never from amazon. Been lucky I guess.

Just got Die dicke Bud Spencer Box containing It Can Be Done Amigo:

not out of stock anymore

Been purchasing some stuff, but this is the most noteworthy thing I’ve snagged in awhile.

Super excited for when it finally get’s here.

2 Likes

Nice. Bought it when it was released. Fantastic release.

Please notice that we have a dedicated thread for soundtrack purchases:

I’ve been all alone in there for a while :slight_smile:

I didn’t even notice that we had a dedicated thread lol. I might mosey in there and post my haul from the past couple weeks.

1 Like

I received my copy of Wild East’s “Days of Vengeance”/“Erik the Viking” last Thursday from Amazon. This takes one more film off my want list.

Received the following three Wild East double features:

Days of Vengeance / Erik the Viking
California / Ramon the Mexican
The Ugly Ones / Sonny & Jed

we1AC_US218AC_US218

The prize for most incosistent dvd cover work goes to… Wild East.

This is three double features. One has gotten the yellow band across the cover wherein it says Double Feature on the spine, the other has that same yellow band but states nothing on the spine (someone forgot to do proof on the cover it seems. Not for the first time). The last one (the Tomas Milian double) has no yellow band at all. The front covers themselves are in three different styles aswell. Let me just say that I do not say that covers has to be uniform in any way, but it seems that that is precisely what Wild East intends… Sometimes, until they forget. Maybe they have 3 different people doing their covers that each doesn’t know the existence of the other two. Oh well.

I am so glad Arrow are releasing the Sartanas instead of them.

Arrow is in a totally other league financially wise aswell. We will never see Wild East releasing blu-rays on a major scale or do brand new HD scans.

Let me just clarify that I love Wild East for what they release and has been releasing for the last 17 years. They are still invaluable for the spaghetti western and actually they do really nice covers and has always done so. Especially for a company of that size. They are really fine covers which is why it wonders me so much that after they have composited such a beauty they basically trip over their own feet on the finish line.

1 Like

Finally added this to my shelf… have to say that they probably used the same material already used for the previous German DVD… still a nice upgrade, will keep the other for the extras and the German audio

https://amzn.to/2JV1HOe

Looks like I haven’t posted in about 3 years. It’s nice to visit the forums again. I recently got my blu-ray copy of Death Rides a Horse by Kino Lorber that was released late last year. I have a long wishlist of other spaghettis I want to get and looks like I’ll have to wait for the new The Great Silence blu to become more available on ebay. I wish I could get it from Best Buy here in Canada but they don’t stock anything but the Leone films even for online shopping. Still unable to use amazon. I’m glad to see so many spaghettis coming out on blu like the Sartana collection (which I’ll never be able to afford lol). Glad to see ENNIOO is still around. :grinning:

3 Likes

Eh. I have no idea why you are unable to buy from amazon. Seems mighty strange. But there are also other online retailers out there. Waiting for something to pop up on ebay sounds odd. I live in Denmark and have no problem getting hold of American releases. Have several online retailers to go to but you live right beside the source and should have it even easier (at a lower postage). Why is amazon impossible?

1 Like

Well, you might want to try and order it from here:https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=the+great+silence+blu&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys and have them shipped to your Best Buy store for pick up.

1 Like

I can’t buy on amazon.ca because a) I don’t have a credit card and b) amazon.ca doesn’t allow payments from a checking account like amazon.com does. Paypal is my only option, so ebay, best buy, and other sites that take it are my options.

Thanks, I’ll try looking into that.

I order frequently from www.deepdiscount.com and always pay using paypal, so that would be an option. They have almost everything you can want movie wise. Almost.

1 Like

I’ve been buying most of my US discs from www.importcds.com for a few years now

Kachang!

2 Likes