I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

Thats more like it :wink:

I was too lazy to flip it. I also own japanese bluray and wild east dvd,

Captain Apache and Bad Man’s River… after seeing the screenshots from DVDbeaver

That is way better than either of those films deserves to look.

[quote=“chuck connors brother, post:2583, topic:69”]Captain Apache and Bad Man’s River… after seeing the screenshots from DVDbeaver

[/quote]

Never seen Captain Apache, I’ve been avoided for years. But that screen pic looks really good, hmmm maybe i will now. :smiley:

I always wanted to watch Captain Apache but I really don’t want to pay $12 for it. Criterion’s flash sale is decimating my wallet right now and I’ve got far too many preorders to invest in.

Found a UK DVD for 99 pence on ebay. I bought it since it said “widescreen” on the front cover but when I put the disc in, it was fullscreen. :frowning: I seem to remember liking Captain Apache by the way. It’s silly but it’s good fun. :slight_smile:

I bought this. It isn’t available on DVD.

Cool :)…have that tape aswell, just made a dvd r of it.

Is the movie good? I have never watched it before. I have a lot of western VHS tapes that are not on DVD. I’ve been telling myself to get a decent DVD recorder for ages so that I can copy them.

To be honest the film is a bit on the boring side, but if you do not fall asleep the ending is ok.

Captain Apache is god-awful, unwatchable sh*t
Bad Mans River is quite entertaining, I enjoyed it. If you appreciate it like a knockabout sort of comedy its quite good.

I’m the opposite, Captain Apache I found very funny and never boring, have rewatched it many times… Badman’s River was almost unwatchable for me with the circus music, slow pace, strange freeze frames and edits… but this new print might make it different

I watched the Italian DVD which was quite good / widescreen

I have 2 different tapes of it, but both come from the same shitty master. It’s because of this I never gave it a chance. Hope your tape is better.

Agreed on both points. Captain Apache is actually good fun. Wouldn’t mind seeing a good version.

On topic: Just got the Spanish dvd of Henry Levin’s The Desperados in the mail.

Blastfighter…finally an uncut UK edition.

Electric Boogaloo; The wild, untold story of Cannon Films. Damn I wish this had been much much longer.

You’re looking for the non-spaghetti DVD shopping thread.

An yes…and that’s why I shouldn’t drink and post. Sorry about that!

1 Like

From diabolikdvd

1 Like

I ordered Ren & Stimpy set from amazon.de and thought I could pick some western with it but got bit carried away with these:

And I was supposed not to start any bluray upgrading…