I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

A Hole In The Forehead - Released by NEW

Kill Them All and Come Back Alone - Released by NEW/Eyecatcher Films

German Sonora dvd and The Big Gundown blu-ray from amazon.de.

The Mercenary from Koch’s Westerns Unchained.

The Stranger Collection sold by Amazon.

Thompson 1880 and sonora.

::slight_smile:

Silver Saddle (Koch Media BluRay)
Halleluja Italo Western Box (Koch Media)

A bunch of Koch Media-releases turned up today:

Italo Western Enzyklopädie 1+2
France Nero Italo Western Box (Blu-ray)
Rocco - der Mann mit den zwei Gesichtern
Tepepa (Blu-ray)
Der Tod zählt keine Dollar
Zeit der Geier
Navajo Joe (Bluray)

Soren - both those Koch Media BDs (Tepepa and Navajo Joe) are very good, especially for those who speak German as the extras seem quite extensive and the image quality is pretty impressive.

Yesterday, Arrow’s BD of Valerii’s Day of Anger arrived.

Waiting for Sonora to arrive 8)

The girlfriend picked up the Hanging for Django blu for me, no wonder I love her so much! I’m excited for some Steffen/Berger fun tonight!

Yes, I definitely look forward to be rewatching those in HD :slight_smile:

German is, next to Italian, the most useful language to be able to understand in the spaghetti western world at the moment. Not only for the extras but also if you want to enjoy the movies in Italian which I do but quite can’t grasp the Italian language. Just watched Coward Don’t Pray last night from Enzykolpädie 1 in Italian :slight_smile:

Day of Anger from Arrow is also on my to-buy list.

Italo Western Enzyklopädie 3 turned up today. So that’s that part of the collection complete :slight_smile: Hopefully they will put out further volumes in that series.

I got mine yesterday :slight_smile:

You know it’s a shitty release, don’t you.

It is? I was thinking of getting it. And it doesn’t sound half-bad:

It’s obviously sourced from tv-print, they cropped it to cut out tv-company logo. And the english subs are not in sync.

But then again, I don’t think there’s a better one out there either.

Damn. I was hoping it was a 100% legit release. Well. Thanks for the heads up. Will probably get it at some point after all but not a must-have at the moment then.

I think it is 100 % legit, at least there is no reason not to think so.

If they really used a TV master, then they probably haven’t found a better master.

OK. Was hoping for a better release then :slight_smile: Searched on the net and it indeed sounds like that was the best source they (Wild Coyote) could get.

But why crop out the tv logo then if some of the picture information went with it which it seems like they did. ofdb.de has the release specified as having an aspect ratio of 1.56:1 so was cropped from 1.66:1 or 1.85:1.

It reminded of what Alpha (I think they were called) did with The Stranger / The Stranger Returns double.

Maybe the TV version was open matte. But I doubt that they took the actual TV version with the logo, but used instead the same master, which then hasn’t any logo.

But if they cropped a 1,66:1 image it is surely not correct.

Whatever. The DVD is as it is, and at the moment the best choice.