I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Amazon.co.uk (GBP 18.57)

Well it’s my birthday today, so bougth myself a few Djangos and a Lee Marvin/Siegel (with Ronald Reagan). The Leone, I realized I just didn’t all of Leone’s films in my collection.

[url]Photobucket | The safer way to store your photos

Happy Birthday El Topo :slight_smile:

Happy Birthday E.T. :slight_smile:
Nice to see that someone’s treating you…
I haven’t seen those Django Collection dvds before.

Happy Birthday; I recently saw Siegel’s The Killers - excellent film even if it really has nothing to do with Hemingway.

Happy Birthday.

I picked up Stanton in the charity shop today, nestled as he was between a bevy of Vampire Killer Barbys and some moon nazis.

Just ordered:

New Blu-ray:

New DVDs:

New blu-ray:

Just ordered:

New DVDs:

Nine Guests For A Crime dvd from Camera Obscura, and managed to get a great deal, nabbing the Mean Johnny Barrows Code Red release for 12 pounds ;D.

[quote=“last.caress, post:2213, topic:496”]New DVDs:

[/quote]

I loved this film. Fantastic setting. I think you’ll like it :wink:

Yes, McCabe and Mrs Miller is great. One of my favorite american westerns. I was just checkin myself if there’s a bluray release available yet. Apparently not…

Yes, somewhat sacrilegiously I purport to be a fan of westerns yet this movie remains on my “To Watch” pile (there are others I really should’ve seen by now: Stagecoach (Ford, 1939), The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (Ford, 1962) and One-Eyed Jacks (Brando, 1961) jump immediately to my guilty mind, all of them looking pretty indignant). Still, I saw a second-hand but unblemished McC&Mrs.M today selling for the most reasonable price of a single, splendid and shining pound, so I ponied up. Hopefully I’ll get a look at it over the weekend.

All three of these are great and apparently Paramount are actually working on a restoration of One-Eyed Jacks, so in the next couple of years we should get a BD significantly better than the current crop of PD releases.

New Blu-ray:

New DVD:

New Blu-ray: