I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Yea, a lot of people still like Quake for the multi-player

I’ve recently played Half-Life Team Fortress and was surprised to see still a good number of people playing that.

Recently setup Duke Nukem 3D for PC on the Wii, but haven’t played it much yet.

Just ordered:

New blu-rays:

Upgrades from DVD to blu-rays:

A few pennies under £30 for that lot, not too bad.

Hmm. And now that I’ve just ordered HPD, I’ve just had this recommended to me:

[url]http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Good-Bad-And-Ugly/dp/B00I04E21G/[/url]

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly: Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-Ray, £18.31 British. Due for release April 14th. Not much info on the page but a look around the net suggests that this is a remaster. I didn’t know TGTB&TU was getting a makeover.

[quote=“autephex, post:2001, topic:496”]Yea, a lot of people still like Quake for the multi-player

I’ve recently played Half-Life Team Fortress and was surprised to see still a good number of people playing that.

Recently setup Duke Nukem 3D for PC on the Wii, but haven’t played it much yet.[/quote]

Oh yeah! HL and TF2 are classics! Got them for steam, along with Counter Strike and Duke 3D. Also picked up an indie game on there, Verdun, an in-beta WW1 FPS, which I’ve been having a lot of fun with!

Looks like a good haul there. You just reminded me I want to get some other non-spaghetti Eastwood blu rays that I never did get on dvd like High Plains Drifter, The Outlaw Josey Wales, and looks like Two Mules for Sister Sara is coming to blu ray April 1st here in North America.

[quote=“last.caress, post:2003, topic:496”]Hmm. And now that I’ve just ordered HPD, I’ve just had this recommended to me:

[url]http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Good-Bad-And-Ugly/dp/B00I04E21G/[/url]

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly: Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-Ray, £18.31 British. Due for release April 14th. Not much info on the page but a look around the net suggests that this is a remaster. I didn’t know TGTB&TU was getting a makeover.[/quote]

Yep, recently bought and then sold the old MGM blu-ray before I opened it, when I heard about this upcoming release.

GBU is supposed to be a remastered transfer, hopefully fixing a lot of what is wrong with the old release. Also hopefully they will listen to the majority of fans and release it with theatrical and extended cuts, and option for original sound.

The entire Leone set is going to be re-released, but its unclear if any of the other films are also being remastered. It looks like its just GBU.

Currently, MGM releases for these films aren’t the ones to get for blu rays, except maybe FAFDM.

The only thing I’ve really been playing lately on Steam is Torchlight II, which is similar to Diablo but way better than the newish Diablo 3. Loads of fun if you like this kind of game.

I took a long break from games since they soak up so much time, but recently have been playing stuff again a bit. My computer isn’t really good enough for the new stuff, been thinking about playing some TF2 lately

[quote=“autephex, post:2006, topic:496”]Yep, recently bought and then sold the old MGM blu-ray before I opened it, when I heard about this upcoming release.

GBU is supposed to be a remastered transfer, hopefully fixing a lot of what is wrong with the old release. Also hopefully they will listen to the majority of fans and release it with theatrical and extended cuts, and option for original sound.

The entire Leone set is going to be re-released, but its unclear if any of the other films are also being remastered. It looks like its just GBU.

Currently, MGM releases for these films aren’t the ones to get for blu rays, except maybe FAFDM.[/quote]

I plan on getting them for blu, when is the Anthology supposed to be released?

I already have 4 copies of GBU. I’m not going to spend even more for a 4K definition super ultra remastered one or whatever. The MGM blu rays I just got look great to me…been watching FAFDM tonight actually…

That’s just me though lol…I’m a cheap-skate with a TV that you probably wouldn’t even notice the remastering on. ;D Enjoy the new release, guys. :smiley:

It does get frustrating having to buy the same film multiple times… Whether its worth it or not to me depends on how much of an improvement it is.

Just picked up: Orson Welles’ The Trial on Blu-ray, The Black Cat (1966), Duel of the 7 Tigers and The Darkest Sword. Almost bought the new Big Combo DVD but decided to hold off for now. I couldnt beleve my eyes, it has an 18 rating in Germany! A movie from 1955 with absolutly no gore… Ive seen it all now.

Agree with what you say. Also I decide how much I view a particular film in whether I go for an upgrade to a degree aswell.

Alien (VHS)
Aliens (VHS)
Aliens (extended Edition) (VHS)
Alien Trilogy “Facehugger” Box-Set (VHS)
Alien Saga 4-Film Box-Set (VHS)
Alien Legacy 20th Anniversary Box-Set (DVD)
Alien Quadrilogy 9-Disc Set (DVD)
Alien Anthology 6-Disc Set (Blu-Ray)

Dear Fox - Please stop bending me over for fucking Alien Reissues! I have paid enough money, you bumsniffers! Lots of love, last.caress xxx

What about fans of EVIL DEAD? Jeez.

I’ve bought a lot of different copies of HALLOWEEN since starting in the VHS craze.

That reminds me, I have to upgrade from my Alien Quadrilogy set to the blu ray Alien Anthology set…it’s priced pretty decent :smiley:

Blade Runner anyone?

Ive upgraded Evil Dead 1 & 2 to blu-ray. That reminds me, I still have to get Army of Darkness. Those are cheap though. Not like €22 for Death Rides a Horse. That DVD Im holding on to! I just give my old DVDs away to friends when I upgrade. I probably should get Blade Runner Blu-ray. Ive had that DVD since it came out.

For whatever reason, I still keep mine when I upgrade. Sentimental, I suppose. Heh.

I don’t see the problem with many releases and can’t understand why people seem to complain about that all the time. I think it’s great films get released by different companies in different versions, and thus maybe getting better and better releases as time goes on. Nobody forces anybody to “upgrade”. It’s your decision if you buy half a dozen versions of the same film on different media. :wink: