I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

That used an older restoration of the film that, judging from sceencaps across the web, rather pales in comparison to the new one (so far the restoration’s been released in Italy, France and Australia); plus, the original pressing of the BFI blu had a colour problem for its last half that necessitated a recall and I was rather afraid to buy a second hand copy and discover it was the first pressing (you can return them, but still…).

New blu-ray:

EDIT: Forgot to mention these two purchases I made after I bought The Raid 2 but before I bought The Amazing Spider-Man 2:

Upgrade from DVD to blu-ray:

New blu-ray:

New blu-ray:

-

Arrived today, both BD:
Runaway Train
Django, Prepare a Coffin

Let us know your thoughts on Django, Prepare a Coffin - I will do the same when it arrives

Just ordered:

Blu-ray:

DVD:

Love that Death Proof cover, man! All that’s on the US blu is the poster art :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“last.caress, post:2103, topic:496”]New blu-ray:

[/quote]Got it today myself.

I thought it was really good. IMO, definitely the best Spider-Man pic since Spider-Man 2 (Raimi, 2004), and probably the best Spidey of the lot.

I thought 2 was the best out the Raimi’s.

From the trailer I didn’t think this looked as good as the previous film, I’ll soon see, going to watch it tomorrow night.

Arrived from Blue Underground today, Aldo Lado’s Night Train Murders (1975).

Last night ordered Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Reservoir Dogs: 15th Anniversary and From Hell all on blu-ray off ebay. Then today I was down at a pawn shop and found Die Hard on blu-ray.

New DVD:

Just got message from home, my copy of Arrow’s Django, Prepare a Coffin blu just came in 8)

Had to add a bit to an Amazon order for the free shipping, so I went with I Come in Peace / Dark Angel which is suppose to be a nice blu and is only 8.99 on Amazon right now

Almost got the Synapse blu ray for Embodiment Of Evil by José Mojica Marins, but I haven’t seen any of those Coffin Joe movies yet and have been wanting to rewatch this Dolph for a while now

Just ordered:

Eurocrime! DVD came in, got Code Red’s Probability Zero/Sullivan’s Marauders and Blade/Ring of Death coming in too. Anyone have a line on their Cut-Throats Nine/Joshua double?

BU’s Mad Dog Killer just came in, along with Ricco the Mean Machine, Code Red’s Probability Zero and Sullivan’s Marauders double bill, and The Battle of El Alamein!

Finally grabbed the Ms. 45 blu from Drafthouse, beautiful looking package!